EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 12:17 AM   #1
Fireborn

When the expansion goes live, you will need to talk to a ascension master to receive a scroll. That scroll is almost an exact copy of the beta ascension buff (devs correct me if im wrong please), however you only get one scroll a day. Think about it this way-- you talk with the master to obtain the scroll, use/consume the scroll, kill lots of stuff for xp until the scroll limit is reached, then wait until the following day to obtain another scroll. you can collect scrolls and use them whenever but you wont be able to gain any xp until you use one and kill stuff.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #2
Mercychalice

lame having yet another buff I need to constantly maintain to level up....
i'd prefer it to be a straight gain like tithe. I see no reason why it has to be limited to whatever time period the scroll designates except to serve as a hold point. Considering there are four classes to level, and have to level them all to 10, with slowed exp each level, I see no reason to further hold back the exp.

but thank you for the input. I appreciate the answer.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:24 AM   #3
Entropy

Because if they didn't artificially gate it, people would grind heroics until their eyeballs bled and be L10 on the first day.

Apparently they don't want that.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 AM   #4
Rondo9

I can see a few people in my raid force not even getting to level 2 unless raid mobs give a hell of a lot of XP since we have several people that ONLY do raid content..
Old 10-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
Mercychalice

So I have noticed that if I don't have the Beta: Guided Ascension buff running I do not gain any experience at all towards Ascending. How will this translate to live leveling? Will we need to quest for baubles to grant us the buff to gain experience? Or is it just something to speed up the process on Beta?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
Wurm

I've been killing overland mobs in the new areas since day one of the beta and I'm only 32% into going to level 1, I sure hope the new instances and raids give a lot more xp or this is going to be one heck of a grind.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #7
guard

seems to be the in thing with thisd expac everything is a time sink from leveling ascension to collecting shinnys for language
Old 10-17-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
Entropy

Well, that's their choice. The devs have provided us a method to get fast xp by grinding heroics... if they don't care about ascension, they don't have to take advantage of it.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #9
Rondo9

You can only get 1mil XP a day, thats not really much of a grind?? 5 tithe points.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #10
Conifur

Really, you will only be able to get a million a day? So 3 days to get level 2 and then 8 days for level 3, etc, etc?
Old 10-18-2016, 04:33 AM   #11
Mercychalice

1 mil a day is a very low value. Most people I know will get that and then log off. That's not really a great way to maintain interest in "ascending".
Old 10-18-2016, 05:42 AM   #12
Rondo9

That is what it's looking like at present this might change before release tho, imo it needs to. Maybe drop the scrolls solos/heroics and have a smaller player crafted version???

I assume the beta scrolls that are on nearly every quest reward are just for beta.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #13
Tierisch

The only problem I see is that some of us, although we do all the questlines, are not able to survive heroics. It used to be that heroics helped you gear up, not that you had to already be geared before you can DO heroics =(.