EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Malahk

I posted this in the wrong forum apparently and will try it here also.

I only have ONE quest left in my quest book. It says Kunark Ascending: Forgotten Lands: Explore the odd city of Nye'Caelona. I'm on top of the tower but the three Arcanist, Scrollkeeper, and Runekeeper won't speak to me due to not knowing their language. Apparently everyone else has no problem rolling right past this point. So what language is it?

Someone told me it's Draconic. The Runekeeper says to you in Draconic. My toon speaks Draconic but can't speak to them.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Xianthia

Draconic and goblish are the two languages that I've seen mentioned in chat.

I just started the part where quest takes me into Nye' to explore and the npcs already shouted things at me in a different language.

My character speaks all the languages available and still can't understand them, so maybe it's a new language being introduced?
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
Cunning

Is this the one where you actually need to have the guards see you and kick you out of the zone first? Then you come back and talk to those guys. I gave up this morning when I got the one where you seem to need to zone into an instance I can't find the entrance too.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #4
Xianthia

I think so Cunning. I've only done the one part to explore and got kicked out to Kylong Plains, so you've given me the next step (thank you! Smile ). It does seem it's the quest line you mention.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
Cunning

Actually letting guards kick you out on purpose after all that time on the boat avoiding them is a little odd. And getting kicked out when you're not on that step doesn't help as it just makes you want to avoid them even more.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
ZUES

I am on the part that makes you click the ruins. I discovered ruins in Twark (auto-update). But I couldn't get the update after 1 hour of trying to find stuff to click. My friend did however. When I hover my mouse over them I see an English title but the words under that are gibberish. So I killed tons of goblins. None of them drop the goblin language thing. So I ran to Runnyeye and got the updates and learned the language. I have returned to the ruins and it IS NOT goblin language. Must be something else. It appears you need to know the language to get the update.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
Drusi_EQ2

I heard people in the other post talk about Sathiran (sp?) language. Maybe that's the mystery language required.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
ZUES

Confirmed. You must do Mysterious Black Tome. Once done you have to do another Ruin in Twark tho. My friend has been looking for hours and cant find it.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
Cunning

If you’re talking about the rune-inscribed stones there are like 4-5? of them. Think I found 2 on the upper level, one down on the beach level, one on a ledge, then I don’t remember if there was one more before the large one. It was kind of late and I was getting frustrated by that point. Don’t remember how far after that was the quest that listed the zone as Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop. I never did find the entrance to that though. Didn’t seem to be anywhere in the Crypt of Dalnir area that I saw.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #10
ZUES

1-5 are clickable ruins that can only be clicked if you completed the "Mysterious Black Tome" language quest.
6 is an obelisk about 6 feet tall. Once clicked it disappears for up to 5 minutes and spawns in a random location.
7 is a red destroyed pillar overlooking the ocean. It is on a cliff towards the Crypt zone in. Click it twice.
Go back to the city and turn in.
Go back to the main cave to get the next quest.
That's it, the next update requires you enter that Crypt dungeon but it's locked atm.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #11
Malahk

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try to do Sathirian to see if this helps.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #12
Surgeon

What do you do after you learn the Cel'.. the elven language?
Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:12 AM   #13
Malahk

So, now I've learned Sathirian and Di'Zokian and the guy still won't talk to me. Runekeeper Talisyn just sits there with the red book over his head. Still speaking a language I don't know. Anyone know what to do?
Old 10-13-2016, 01:15 AM   #14
Malahk

Couldn't edit my last post. My first problem was you HAVE to get ported to KP first for this quest. Then I had to listen to all THREE of them talk, not just Talisyn. I failed at reading. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #15
Conifur

You must collect 8 shinies that are no trade to speak to the mage in the tower. Good luck, hour 4 and counting myself.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #16
Stimps

Yeah, the no trade blows....but it's a cool concept. At least on live they won't be able to sell it for oodles of plat by the farmers