EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Almee

I'm just trying to be helpful here so please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just trying to figure out how to participate in the Beta. I admit I am half asleep so forgive me if I don't use the best phrasing in trying to express myself.

It is currently 3:23am PDT and the Beta server is locked. Are you really working on the server in the middle of the night or is it so borked it is just shut down for the immediate future?

I realize the server will come down, for updates, but I wasn't expecting them in the middle of your night which is why I got up really early, by eastern time, to test. This is really disappointing as it will be half-way through my morning before I imagine any of you will be back at work to fix whatever is broken. By then, I won't have any free time until tonight.

I am only complaining because this has happened with other Betas which make it hard to complete the activities to get the rewards. I totally gave up with the ToT beta as I fell so far behind.

My other concern is that when you wipe the server, as is known to happen, we lose all the progress we've made towards a reward and have to start again. Isn't there some way you could record progress so we don't have to redo quests over and over to get rewards? Something like a leaderboard?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
Smallcorners

There is an update happening for Beta today, as evidence by the posted notes for it. In the past, they did try to do these updates when there was likely going to be the least amount of people online. Granted there are often unplanned updates to correct an issue, or for stabilization.

I cannot answer about securing progress during any needed wipes, though I too would hope that after several years of Beta Rewards for certain activities someone would have figured out a way to do that.
Smallcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
Elowith

I've never seen a beta wipe in-game, short roll back sometimes. Leaving the server locked at California night (presumably unattended) is, however, really annoying if it happens to fall into your test-time hours.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
Smallcorners

Servers are only locked during updates. It is not like they turn the thing off when they go home.
Smallcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
Cheesenabber

This must be the test of Patience! Wait, that's eq1 shaman epic..
Old 10-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
Jamiss

Developer

It should be unlocked now
Jamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #7
Almee

It has been 4 hours. I've been checking, periodically, and the server is still down. I simply don't understand it.

I didn't even try to log on, when it went live yesterday, as I knew it was going to be a madhouse. So I slept through that just to find they pulled the plug on the server.

I honestly feel like Charlie Brown trying to play football with Lucy. Each time I try to test (AoM and ToT)they pull the football away and yet I keep buying into their spiel to "pre-order and get to try out Beta." I need my head examined.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #8
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

I just tried to log in, and am receiving a "looking for login server #1,..." type message,...
is this expected?
Old 10-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #9
Almee

According to the server status list, Beta is finally up.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #10
yerbo

NM
yerbo is offline   Reply With Quote