EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
Sigrdrifa

When I stand anywhere near the performing artists in the Mushroom Bar and Grill, I hear an occasional "twang" but no actual music. Am I borked, or is there really not some real music there?
Old 11-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
LordTiras

I heard the music earlier today (around 15:00 ET Saturday), and while the band seems to need a little practice, I had no problems. I have in-game music turned off. One thing I did note though is that it occasionally sounded like the volume changed, as though I were moving around, when I was standing still watching them. Wasn't sure if that was how the music was being played, or if the source was confusing my audio driver.
LordTiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
Sigrdrifa

I just hear an occasional twang. I'll fiddle with my ambient volume.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Zeddicious

The band is pretty good - sort of a mix between REM and Coldplay. Kudos!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Haohmaru

Developer

Did you hear it previously, and no longer hear it? Or have never heard music near the band? Sounds like never, but want to be clear.
There's definitely music there. It may be tied to your Ambient volume and not Music volume in your settings.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
Sigrdrifa

I had to crank my Ambient Volume to max, but I loved the music. The sound does come and go, even when you are standing on the stage, though.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #7
Sigrdrifa

I found the issue. In Options >> Sound >> Advanced are two settings:
  • Enable Pitch Shifting (ON by default)
  • Sound Variations (HIGH by default)
Turning Pitch Shifting off improved things a lot, and moving Sound Variations to a setting in the middle made the band sound more like they know what they're doing! The sound quality stays pretty consistent throughout the bar this way. Up close, there's no more jarring offkey stuff.