EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
Xuma

I think someone want a bit nuts on increasing damage done my mobs in the Adv solo zones between yesterday (10/26) and today. Adds that pop after the Stonerend fight, Gavitzle's minions, Spider mobs in Algorithm hitting for 125K-135K per shot per mob. I ran some of this yesterday and it wasn't bad, today its near impossible. Anyone else seeing this?
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #2
ZUES

It wouldn't be so bad if the mercs could actually survive and keep us up.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
Tynon

Also take in consideration during the Adv Solo's that the team decreased the hp of mobs in most of the adv solo's which is nice because I ran all of Maldura Zone's before the patch and apparently on ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) I did a total of 8 billion damage before the patch. Now at the end of the zone's I am doing 500 mil per zone currently. I'd suggest they at least x2 the hp in them so that once this goes live it will take some time to know the zone and get use to the scenery.

Just my thought BigGrin
Old 10-29-2015, 05:50 AM   #4
Mermut

Not everybody plays dps classes.. and while there are healer mercs that do passable healing (not good, but passable) there aren't any mercs that do even passable dps.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #5
Loran

AS mob damage needs to be nerfed, can't solo any of the zones as an assassin in heroic gear from AoM with a healer merc running. All the trash is doing ~100k per auto round and names are doing between 100k and 250k on just the first two Maldura AS zones.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #6
Loran

Also, some mobs are becoming sets of 3-4 linked mobs after you pull them and fail to kill them all, even though they are unlinked to begin with.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #7
Xuma

In Kralet Penumbra: Temple of the Ill-Seen today: An Abberrant betrayer's Dark Assault is htting for 142771,285542,428313,475904. Umm then I died - for the 2nd time Dark Assault hit me multiple times for well over 1mil damage. Basically one-shotting me. The Aberrant NPCs in the zone seem to be hitting harder than normal?
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
Kittybock

Black Bolt is annoying!! My instance had run out from Friday (we'd lost internet due to TX storms over wknd). Re-running the rest of the zone was quite fun and fairly fast. His KB, however, of your toon to a delightful, yet scenic perch on top of a column or some such, then him porting to where you can't reach him is super aggravating. By the time you take the HP hit for jumping back down, running upstairs to his portal and going after the little runt, his Dot owns ya.

hahah, I even crossed my fingers & dug through my bag for a really old Wand of Obliteration Wink No dice.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #9
Mermut

He gives you warning before you does his kick. You can get your back against a pillar or the wall and avoid getting knocked off the platform. I agree the damage is pretty crazy though.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #10
Chrol

Developer

The range has also been reduced to 10 meters.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #11
Moonpanther

The advanced solo for the signature quest is just not do able solo. The merc is useless and even as a necro with most the mobs coming in groups of three, I just spend most my time at the front door after rezzing. I mean seriously...
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:48 AM   #12
ZUES

Maybe there is an intended progression path here. I'm speculating but maybe you need to do the signature line and overland zones to successfully complete advanced solos. Raiders have a progression path. Tradeskiller have a progression path. Soloers should also have a progression path.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:02 AM   #13
Jrel

Yes, there is a huge problem with the Aberrants in Kralet Penumbra. Getting knocked down to red line in a few seconds is too fast for a merc to handle. I think I confirmed this in another thread.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:30 AM   #14
Raveen

As I said in other posts my illy who is geared well just doesn't cut it with how much dmg in incoming in the AS zones. I swapped over to my Fury and did the whole sig no prob. If it stays the same it looks like I'm going to be running this sig on my healers first and farm gear for my other toons to be able to run the sig. The werewolf Templar merc even on just follow no combat still gets toasted and cant keep up with the incoming DMG.

I would like to see more gear that buffs our mercs as well, it would be a way of buffing them without having to rework them from scratch.
Raveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:52 AM   #15
Foretold

I have on a mix of quest/AS gear, all new jewelry.. all of it maxed on infusions. Everything is adorned and properly reforged. Running about 200K resists, 1.8 million HP.

There are just some advanced solos that I CANNOT complete. The merc, even on passive, gets instant aggro (with me pulling) and its an act of god to get the mobs off of them even for just a moment. The merc gets pummeled, then I get pummeled.

This has been the pattern with healer mercs (I've tried Kluron and the ratonga fury) and the paladin merc (Lady whazzername).

It's that same situation as with AoM in beta. You need the AS gear to do AS zones unless you're a healer.

If there aren't a few changes, I'm going to have to 2 box AS zones with my warden :S
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #16
Gigglezzz

Hrm, I was in some previous expansion raid gear, nothing special and I completed the sig line just fine on necro. As a matter of fact on necro, you are able to burn past some of the scripts for the AS zones. This is the gear I had on when I started the sig line and went through it fully without putting on any of the new gear until I finished the sig and all the overland and city quests for the beta mount on live:

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/455267026155

I also put my healer pet on passive and that helped tremendously. At first he was getting agro when I had him in protection mode.
Gigglezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #17
Moonpanther

I am following the signature line, which includes doing two advanced solo's. Now, I have not completed all the adventurer line as I'm still trying to find all the quests in the Thum line and I'm almost done with the Maldura line.

I have my main warden copied over now so I'm going to try these with her and see if that makes a difference. Perhaps the beta buff just isn't enough to cut it through beta testing these zones.

And yes merc is set on passive...didn't help we all died faster then we knew what happened to us lol. Granted the class I'm playing is not the same class as my main on live so probably not as good at playing that class.
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #18
Olli

im really struggling on my coercer...lol my friend helped on last name first advanced solo on his assassin and killed it before it even ported and we had no healer, three mobs before that was mezz right kill left, kill right and then kill last one but this took me hours to the point i felt like crying at the keyboard, the healer merc sucks to the point it isnt worth putting on, i have no doubt i would do these on my dps toons (necro, ranger etc) but wanted to do it on my main which is coercer

the problem will always be the same the zones are going to be easy for high dps toons, or ones that can heal, but the toons that need a healer merc and dont have t1 dps are going to struggle, the mercs need help or the lower class dps need help, tbh if it goes live like it is i dont think i will be playing alot apart from raid
Old 11-07-2015, 07:16 AM   #19
Anaogi

This is nuts, folks. I understand encouraging grouping and trying to create a challenge but this content is nearly impossible solo. Plus it's gating the Signature Quest due to a lack of alternatives (why skip the pure Solo version this time, guys?)
Old 11-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #20
Alenna

it isn't blackbolt for me I cna't beat stonerend the one summner I left up keeps putting hte white circle whree stonerend is standing and I get killed before the crystal takes effect. I htav etired 10 times to click on the circle before dieing this fight is impossible the way it is.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #21
Alenna

ok if this wasn't needed to get hte sig quest done I would give up there appears to be a failure mechanic if you have to reset the fight a certain number of times you die from all the summoners coming after you when you try to pick them off one at a time. is this intended.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #22
Kittybock

Good morning. If you will be on this AM, PM me and I'll swap over to Beta and run with you. .

On the circles, I did not even kill the summoners, til the end. On some of the circles, if I could not reach it effectively, I just got away and came back to the next one, if need be by jumping in water. I've run this zone a couple times and Stonerend seemed to be just timing, unless they have changed it.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #23
Anaogi

It can still be done if you're careful, but it's a little trickier to click in the right spot.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #24
Alenna

Thank you for the offer unfortunately I will be away helping a friend with something till later this afternoon plus may not be able to be on we have a storm in our area(not that i'm complaining California has needed this rain badly) so may have to stay off the computer till it passes.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #25
Foretold

Here's how I handle Stonerend. First, I do the circles/crystal thing four times, leaving me with one crystal. Then I kill two sets of summoners. That leaves two sets of summoners that are both making circles - that way Stonerend will still move. Complete the last circle/crystal thing, kill off that summoner while Stonerend does his crushing, then get the last summoner. I do it all at range with a root so they die long before they ever get to me.
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:05 AM   #26
Jrel

Kenny is just crap in Temple of the Ill-Seen Adv Solo.

15 second fight on trash:
Incoming Damage 106K DPS
Outgoing Heals from Kenny: 37K

Either that or the Aberrant betrayers are still doing too much damage with their 200K Dark Assaults.

Kenny also just sitting there and not healing me for a minute sometimes while I'm sitting at 20-40% health.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #27
Batawai

Same thing - Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 349893 piercing damage, immediately (less than one line after) Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 525005 piercing damage. Tank - 68% mitigation.