EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #31
Dragonsnacks

Maldura:Algorithm for Destruction

To get the power cell thingy from the X-O Spidermech you have to die. I died to the golem twice trying to kill it without the crystals and when I revived I could get click on the thing but not before I died.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #32
Gudum

I'll have to google the strategy for the dungeon and read it, there isn't anything in the agnostic dungeon to describe the details of how to go through it, and I have nothing that can actually run through the regular version to see how its played. The only spiders I see are not agro, so haven't even found a way to fight those yet.
Gudum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #33
Dragonsnacks

Step 1) go down, you will see a non kos Old Man or something talking to npcs, once he has turned them all kos you can kill him. after that there are black spindle things on the boxes in that area, grab all 5.
Step 2) go up to the spiders and in the back there is a black cylinder thing, click on it.
Step 3) kill X-O after killing the spiders. he is suppose to give you the battery but thats bugged, run down to the golem and attack him and die, that will allow you to click on the black cylinder.
Step 4) go back to the Golem and click on the white circles he walks to. dont go near him while he is pounding the ground. after all 5 crystals are destroyed he will die and those 4 mobs will attack you. click on the pile of crystals under the golem and a corpse of one of the dead casters.
Step 5) go up and click on the glowing blue things powering the barried protecting black bolt. and kill the 3 mobs.
Step 6) kill black bolt

If you do the timeline the npc will be there and give you the quest in the adv solo.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #34
Chilton0585

just pleaaaase, dont make them too easy! PLEASE! I will give you these cheeseburgers, man.....
Old 11-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #35
azcn2503

I'm really glad to hear this! The old agnostics are easy and I think they are fine to keep as they are.

I really like the difficulty of the new agnostics so far, though there are a few minor issues. I like the gear itemization and the upgraded gear available through crafting. I think if a person were to keep themselves locked between 20 and 94, agnostics could give them plenty of things to focus on.

Anyway, time to report a few more issues:

Kralet Penumbra: The Masters Chosen

Tried this zone again with a friend and found it to be mostly the same as last week: Very high incoming damage with average cold damage hitting for about 40k. The zone progression seems to be broken after the first two names. There are mobs visible on the walkways above, but we could not find any way to get access to them. The map indicates that there are pathways, but the doors obstructing them cannot be opened, they are not clickable.

Stygian Threshold

The incoming damage in this zone is great, it kept me on my toes as a very well geared 94 Mystic healing a very well geared 94 Ranger.

We think we figured out the strategy for Timbergrod. We got him to spawn by collecting sticks from the wanderers, setting up the fire and lighting it. We dropped his health down a bit, then we got blinded (screen turns white), and in this time there are adds spawning and logs on the ground. We figured that we needed to pick up the logs and put them in the fire. There seems to be a bug with this - when picking up a log and moving to the fire, sometimes the log will despawn when getting close to the fire. What this might be is the log despawning at the same time as the other logs despawning, though I'm not sure what causes that despawn - it could be when the adds are dead and the mob is damaged enough to restart the adds & logs process.

We did find that the adds were hitting very hard. Actually, it wasn't that they were hitting very hard - they were only hitting for about 20k, but it was the sheer number of adds up at the same time all hitting for 20k. It was a full time job to keep the both of us alive; adds were easily breaking through Torpor, Oberon, group ward and single target ward, had to get lucky with some Ancestral Channeling resets to stay alive on a few occasions.

There is a curse that can be cured that is a very nasty snare and damage over time, if the curse hits a lumberjack/pyromaniac they'll want to have it cured, or someone else will need to take over that role. We found the curse was landing too frequently to be cured every time. At this point I am thinking - we need more people... And that is brilliant! It's nice that you have decided to keep in a curse. It could be bypassed with enough people picking up logs and putting them in the fire, but for smaller groups it would be beneficial to have it cured and try to move the logs. From looking at the logs (the actual .txt logs), I think this curse is called Crushing Roots. There is a Crushing Roots I and Crushing Roots II. Crushing Roots I was hitting for about 35k every 3 seconds. Crushing Roots II hits for about 45k. Not sure why there are two levels of this, maybe we were failing a strat or leaving the curse on for too long.

Having said that... we kept dying to the adds. By the time we were on our 4th/5th wave of adds, they were doing too much damage to heal through. I'm guessing we weren't burning enough logs! But as I said above, we were having issues with logs resetting / 'falling out of our hands' as we got close to the fire.

As for Diurna and Nocturna, we killed them on the 6th try, but not really sure how. We think that they need to be brought down at the same time. It seemed that if we killed one too quickly, then one of the names would teleport to a fixed location, root themselves, make themselves immune to damage, and pulse out damage to all people engaged in the encounter. We could see that it was possible to dispel the effect from them... Unfortunately I wasn't in a scourge spec to dispel it to see if doing that would make them take damage again. Once the name was in this state, we couldn't do anything without dying, evac'ing, or possibly dispelling (which we did not try, I guess this works though). Is the dispel strategy a valid one?

Our characters were very well geared. We had about the same health (around 230k) and same resists for all types (50k). Considering the health pools and incoming damage, as a percentage of our health the hits were dealing the following:

20k damage = 8.7% of our health.
35k damage = 15.2% of our health.
45k damage = 19.6% of our health.

The damage is high, but it's nice to actually heal.

Please could you advise whether the damage from the mobs 'a furious swarm' in the Timbergrod encounter in Stygian Threshold is doing the correct amount? Currently it seems high but as explained in my above novel, maybe we were failing a strategy or required more players. Or maybe the logs are bugged.

Have I given you enough work to do? BigGrin Reading this must have been a job in itself!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #36
Chrol

Developer

Great feedback azcn2503!

Kralet Penumbra agnostics should be balanced and ready for proper testing after the next beta build.

Stygian Threshold - So there was a bug with Timbergrod that I fixed for the level 100 zone but I forgot to fix for the agnostic, which I just did thanks to your reminder. The damage on the swarms are correct, but now there will be less of them. That and the logs won't just poof (or at least not so quickly and so often). This fix will go in with the next build as well.

Regarding the fairy bosses... nope not gonna give any strats. Good luck!
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #37
azcn2503

Awesome, thanks for looking in to that!

I'm gonna keep that dispel spec handy just in case hehe.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #38
Chrol

Developer

We don't plan on making them a walk in the park.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #39
Sejreia

Oh~ ...but, a pubstomp would be more fun!

Anyway, I'm interested. Do you have some sort of data or information to back up your argument or... pleas, Chilton? Well, other than apparently useless attempts at luring with cheeseburgers and unusual behavior on a keyboard. I'm relatively new here, 8 months, but this agnostic thing looks like it could be fun. Perhaps you could attend a party with a couple of these other fellas who are bringing very nice feedback that I can understand, fully, and show them what's what. I'll keep an eye out, I may just like to attend, myself, and learn something about Agnostics if you guys would like a newb to tag along sometime Smile
Old 11-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #40
Chilton0585

Agnostics are not new, they're already on live. These are just new dungeons being added to the current agnostic queue. So what it's founded on is the fact that you can easily -solo- agnostic dungeons at the moment on live servers, and EASILY solo them at that. With an actual group you absolutely pubstomp the entire dungeon. You can pull 1/4 the dungeons in one pull and just aoe them down, it's quite boring.

They pretty much took away dungeon maker because they said mindlessly grinding huge aoes of mobs was "cheating," then put in agnostics where you do the EXACT SAME THING. So my worries is they will tweak them too much as they did the live ones and you wont even need a group, then when you have one, you'll fall asleep like current.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #41
azcn2503

The good news is that so far the zones are pretty challenging. My gear far exceeds the intended stats for these zones, and I'm finding it tough. It's going to be an excellent grouping experience.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #42
Gudum

The problem is that if you make the zone truly challenging to a higher level player, its going to be near impossible for a group of lower levels that can't find a high level to do the heavy hitting for them. Even in the older dungeons, a level 94 in moderate gear will put out several times the damage of a very well geared lower level. The earlier comments on how to fight Timbergrod are an example - a high level is surviving long enough to actually see wood on the ground and try to move it, my level 22 (with health at 360k) dies in less than 5 seconds, and never has time to do anything. Make it really challenging to level 94's, and the only thing lower levels will use them for is being power leveled by someone else, because it will be impossible for them to do any effective fighting.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #43
azcn2503

It might be worth trying the zone out with a few more people at that level range to see how you fare.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #44
azcn2503

I saw that the update notes indicate that the agnostic dungeons have had some balance tweaks. Did this include Kralet Penumbra? I just tried Tepid Depths again and didn't survive the first two trash mobs at the door.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 AM   #45
Chrol

Developer

The Kralet Penumbra agnostics should be ready by the next beta build.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:18 PM   #46
Batawai

Are you other guys that have gone in agnostics bringing your own group of people over so the queue works, or are you better than me at navigating Thalumbra without a flying mount yet and then going in via the doors? (on a lower level alt)
Old 11-13-2015, 10:39 PM   #47
Chilton0585

That's an issue with the scaling mechanics. They've always been dookie, in 11 years mentoring and scaling is still super broken.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #48
Gudum

There is a portal to zone into the agnostic dungeons in Freeport and Qeynos, no need to go to the actual dungeon location. The portal entrance bypasses the dungeon finder, so you get your own instance of the dungeon. Form a group before you enter, and the group members can enter from either city and will end up in the same dungeon instance.

The dungeon scaling has been patched since last weekend, much more survivable at low level now, but still difficult, and there doesn't seem to have been any change in the strategy required. Last weekend I was getting around 360k health on a level 22, now its around 260k, but damage has also been scaled back so a bit easier to survive. Too difficult for a solo run, but did fairly well with Kenny. Timbergrod still kills both of us fairly quickly, but at least surviving long enough to actually see the lumber that needs to be moved.