EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #61
Sintropy

I tried the following mercs with the same result as Alienor.
  • Kenny
  • Kluuuron V'Lorn
  • Archon Construct
Old 10-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #62
Xianthia

I have been using the glaufaye merc on a buffed character. The merc did well in overlands (so far) but once I started going into the advance solo instances... well I may as well have just gone in solo. Have only done District of Ash and Algorithm. The merc was dieing to trash, didn't even reach named. Again, was a buffed toon so may be player error as well as merc being a tad derpy.

Thanks for looking into it Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #63
Alienor

* Stamper on a buffed toon. He did not shine in AoM, sure, but right now he is absolutely useless.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:22 AM   #64
Zuicidal

Where do I find the coil conductors to make the sentry shock box XII in "Algorithm for Destruction" advanced solo?, It's the only part I can't figure out.....also on the timed quest in there I didn't complete it on time, the quest giver for the timed one still has the feather above his head but now wont talk to me....is that a one try quest on the timed part?
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:26 AM   #65
Chrol

Developer

Zone back in and you should get the phylacteries back.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:41 AM   #66
Zuicidal

Yeah got the shield down when the phylactery came back after zone in, just stuck on finding coil conductors so I can make the items upgrade the sentries
Old 10-28-2015, 03:50 AM   #67
Zuicidal

Figured it out =)
Old 10-28-2015, 05:57 AM   #68
Enoa

Black bolt was nerfed too much in AS (maldura: AOD). i was expecting a port so was just autoattacking him... i auto'd him down before he cast first portal.. daggerstorm finished him off.

Up his hitpoints and make ports dependant on hp .. or make him immune to damage at the 80% or whenever he is supposed to port. Please.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #69
Amaitae

Algorithm of destruction solo: quest icon missing on map. icon from npc to kill mobs is there. the other one is not
[IMG]
Old 10-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #70
Trilly

Advanced solo- Algorithm- have done all in zone now but it appears I only had picked up 5 coils. no more coils are spawning to activate the sentries remaining. Not sure if I need them activated but dont see how to continue without them? Have zoned out and back in..no more coils are spawning. Also, Black Bolt adjustment meant I was able to kill him without his minion spawning or any teleporting. Though it was much easier, am not sure you want it that easy now. I couldnt come close to killing him before adjustment...now a bit too easy if you want the content to include porting.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #71
Chrol

Developer

Fine I'll add 5 bajillion HP to Black Bolt.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #72
Chrol

Developer

Yeah that can't be helped, unfortunately. It's due to the way the quest is granted by Hodges that the feather doesn't show up over him and on the map. The fact that the feather only shows up over his head now is magic.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #73
jasonx

Maldura: District of Ash [Heroic]

No achievement awarded for killing last named. Under dungeon achievements there are 5 different one for the encounter but none of them was awarded.

Maldura: Bar Brawl [Event Heroic] – tier 1

No achievement awarded for killing last named.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #74
ZUES

Can we tone down either the skeleton adds and/or the poison damage from Gavitle in Disrict of Ash? No matter what merc I use they keep getting their butt kicked on that fight. I thought you guys made mercs AoE avoid (unless direct)? They just don't heal enough for some of these encounters in the advanced solos.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #75
Chrol

Developer

Achievements for heroic encounters will be fixed after the next beta update.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #76
Chrol

Developer

Black Bolt's Shadow Blast (PBAE knockback and blackout) will only have a range of 10 meters after the next update (instead of 50).

And some changes to Gavitzle:
  • The immolated portal up the stairs that's really hard to avoid spawning an immolated from has been removed [Advanced Solo]
  • The number of skeletons at the beginning of the fight will be reduced from 6 to 4 [Advanced Solo only]
  • Puss Bolt (his wand attack) no longer hits mercenaries [Advanced Solo only]
  • When the trailing puss bomb sticks to Gavitzle, the timer on its countdown will be set to 5 if it's above that, and blow up when it reaches 0. (Counts down 1 each second, approximately.)
  • You only have to reduce Gavitzle's hitpoint to 50% instead of 40% before he removes his slime shield and attacks.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #77
ZUES

Awesome thank you. With the other changes I would recommend increasing Gavitzles health pool about 10-25%. It still needs to be a challenge.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #78
Chrol

Developer

HP across all solo and heroic dungeons have been increased.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #79
ZUES

That's both good and bad. There are some encounters that require me to go full dps spec and blow up the mob with a quickness or I go splat (swash). Hopefully your merc changes will fix that.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #80
FriggaWitch

Just went into the Ash zone (Heroic) froze upon entry.
FriggaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #81
FriggaWitch

Well I dunno what happened but the mobs in the Advanced solo's are murder Geez the Beta Buffed toon don't stand a chance, I had to run for my life and I didn't get far. Going into the Heroic zones to complete the TS quests was even more fun.o_O
Old 10-29-2015, 11:29 PM   #82
Chrol

Developer

Still working on tuning the damage of the advanced solos. They're a bit too high right now though, you're right. Lowered for the next update.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:37 PM   #83
Foretold

The mushroom mob in Bar Brawl AS - seriously? There's no way to survive all his adds in quest gear. I put my tank merc on the shroom, and went around hunting down the adds, that didn't work either. Once they start coming in twos and threes they just mow me over.
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:56 AM   #84
FriggaWitch

Why tyvm for your attention to this, I was hoping it was the mobs and not me lol
Old 10-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #85
Chrol

Developer

Upcoming changes to Maldura: Bar Brawl [Advanced Solo]
  • Lowered hitpoints and damage on everything
  • Vengeful Elder no longer spawns multiple fungal sprouts on knocked out Maldurans as the fight progresses, only one per threshold check.
  • You have 45 seconds to find and destroy a fungal sprout when it spawns (up from 30) before it turns a knocked out Malduran into a skeleton add.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:51 AM   #86
Keedahm

So.... What is the trick with Black Bolt?
Keedahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:40 PM   #87
Amaitae

Palace Foray event the heroic: move away 100m curse: I just moved 81m away and nobody died.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:04 PM   #88
Elinea

Algorithm for Destruction [AS]

Black Bolt. Impossible solo on a non-healing toon as well. Rangers have no way to heal themselves (that I'm aware of) and the massive amount of damage he puts out just on the pull, killed my merc before my sword could swing a second time.

For an advance solo that is required to advance the signature quest line, there should not be a special toon combination required to finish it. I can't see me finishing this on half my toons on live if I have to have a healer or a well geared tank with me to do this. I play alone quite often, or duo'd with my husband when he has time to play. So far, I've only been able to finish this on my defiler with the Daeron merc.

Shock Bolt hits for 250k each hit, then a regular magic damage hit for 230k. I can last less than 30 seconds. Upon using Detect Weakness, recommended stats say 800k health and 170 resists. Yeah, not likely.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:05 PM   #89
Elinea

By the time I saw your post, you weren't online. But thank you for the offer Smile
Old 10-31-2015, 11:48 PM   #90
Elinea

Spent about an hour and a half beating my head against Black Bolt alone and with various mercs. Finally begged for help in general chat and a kind defiler came to help me (thank you Furrballs). One minute later, success. That's a bit lopsided.