EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2015, 05:59 AM   #31
Jrel

Same problem here with Signature Quest Zaphardt's Defenders. Waiting for the last 4 pages to spawn and no pin for the update.

I also did some sequence of events incorrectly probably in the Algorithm of Destruction. I killed all names in the zone and ran into Artificer Hodges and he wanted me to find some empty flow-through phylacteries. I was able to find only 4. I also started activating the sentries. After seeing activating them all didn't do anything, I went back to Hodges and deleted the quest to see if I could restart it. Then he wouldn't give me the quest again and mentioned that although I had already activated the sentries, etc... So i'm guessing I needed the 5th phylactery before activating the sentries... which I still can't find.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:16 AM   #32
Chilton0585

I hope you mean up. Need go and mitigation adjustments. Supposed to be progression but everything gets smashed easy Frown
Old 10-25-2015, 06:57 AM   #33
Elinea

Advanced solo's shouldn't require a raid geared toon to complete though. There's an awful lot of folks who can't or don't want to do heroics and advance solos are all they can manage. Making them super hard will drive a lot of folks away.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #34
Elinea

Well, I looted a single battery and they are lore so couldn't loot another. I never figured out what to do with them though. I reset the zone and went in again. My gear needed repairs so I zoned out (there's no way to get repair kits with claim and marketplace disabled) and naturally, as soon as I zoned out, the phylacteries went poof. Looks like I'll have to reset and start again in 90 minutes.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #35
Elinea

You're right, as is the mastercrafted and even some of the handcrafted is pretty spiffy.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #36
Enoa

I think his quest just walks you through the zone. I didn't even see him first time through. 2nd time I found him and the updates were just a walk through of how to progress the zone... find phylacteris. ..find crystals...crush crystals etc.

He didn't have a quest feather and he is kinda hidden. He should probably have a quest feather.

Neither time could I click the last deactivated sentry. Quest from that guy actually finished once you took down the barrier before the trio boss
Old 10-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #37
Raenius

Bar Brawl (Adv solo) - if you arent fast enough while fighting the brothers, they just stack their immunity buffs - since you cant enter more than one circle at a time you have to die/fd in order to reset the encounter.

After doing so, they seem to have a fracture of their original hp and are dead within a few hits, turning into the normal gnomes when you knock them out - after this the boss spawns and everything runs fine again.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #38
Chrol

Developer

Hodges' quest just gives you the steps for progressing through the zone. You can complete Algorithm For Destruction without speaking to him.

I'll see about throwing a quest feather on him. Thanks.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #39
Chrol

Developer

Will get this fixed. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #40
Jrel

X-O Aramech from Algorith for Destruction is not dropping the cabalbox access pin. I have killed him twice. He only drops the X-Electro-Charged battery and a random adorn. Without the cabalbox access pin, I cannot progress the signature quest Zaphardt's Defenders.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #41
Kaitheel

Developer

Correct. The bug is with the quest, not the zone. I'm fixing it internally, right now.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hs-saga-signature-quest-feedback-bugs.564364/

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #42
Kaitheel

Developer

• The pages cannot be group updates due to the mechanics of the inventory items and two different versions of the quest (evil vs good), but I am making them respawn much faster!
  • Spider fix is coming, too!
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hs-saga-signature-quest-feedback-bugs.564364/
~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #43
Amaitae

-
Old 10-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #44
Bloodguts

The gear you get from questing is better than the raid gear.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #45
Bloodguts

Maldura: District of Ash [Advanced Solo]

Stonerend was difficult to figure out at first. I didn't have any dispels as a ranger. Came in with a fury friend, she dispelled and killed the boss in one shot.
The other bosses were easy to kill as well.
The guy with the slime and the bombs took longer than usual but died real fast after removing the slime cube.
Not sure what the guy in the forge is supposed to do and that dog keeps knocking me back. Just burned him down before he reached me.
The lava boss was annoying to get to spawn. I would suggest just having to wait like 2 or 3 waves of adds before he spawns and not having to wait for like 10 waves.
Last boss was a quick burn for me as well.

Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction [Advanced Solo]

The entire zone was really easy to do.
Blackbolt did too much damage though. Killed me after the first knockback. Had to use all my temp and big hits to kill him before he ports away.

Maldura: Bar Brawl [Advanced Solo]

Trash mobs and bosses hit way too hard.
Not sure how I killed the mushroom boss, at times he went immune to damage but then that only lasted for a couple of seconds.

The three zones look fun, but the damage from everything seems a bit unbalanced considering they are solo zones.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #46
Chrol

Developer

Apparently every trash encounter in Bar Brawl were hitting like bosses. I guess that place serves some pretty potent ale. That'll be fixed.

Also lowering the damage on Black Bolt's Dark Reach. And you can burn him all you want and that shouldn't disrupt his teleporting (or yours).
Old 10-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #47
Tabri

Algorithm of Destruction advanced solo

The disabled sentries, I dont really know what activating all of them would do or if nothing at all but I was able to activate all of them but one. I am using track and it keeps taking me to a pillar, maybe the sentry in the scenery or something but I couldnt activate all of them due to this one sentry, I just couldnt find it. NW stairs bottom pillar at bottom of stairs.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #48
Chrol

Developer

Found the issue, thanks.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:32 AM   #49
Jrel

District of Ash: Cerulean Flames's quest update: "Kill the evil protege" did not update. Tothrak(?) was the first name I killed. I've killed everything else in the zone and got all the rest of the updates. Nothing else is up except for the good mobs (guards, warboars, and Shuck is with me).
Old 10-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #50
Alienor

Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction [Advanced Solo]
Is it possible that the phylactery do not survive a break from the game? After relogging I killed Stonerend but I was unable to collect the pieces. -> See Sig quest thread. I am right and already answered Smile Ignore that.

Also it would be nice if mercs would survive the trash in the AS as mentioned above Smile
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #51
Alienor

District of Ash (AS): The trash is killing the standard mercs in seconds. The trash is killing me in a few more seconds (buffed toon with quested gear) if I am not extremely cautious. Gavitzles minions are killing me before I have the chance to cast a spell (first wave is 600k dmg). No clue how this dude is to be killed.
This is really a Tier 1 dungeon? The Algorithm one was not that hard.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #52
Irish

Same with Algorithm of destruction AS .I talked to Gninja he wants us to feedback which attacks are trashing the mercs in seconds so they can adjust , so everyone please feedback.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:11 AM   #53
Chrol

Developer

This will be fixed in the next update.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #54
Raveen

Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction [Advanced Solo] Fun zone took me a bit to figure out most the mobs till I got to Blackbolt. If I go full burn I can almost kill him were he stands. Then he ports away with no portal. So I try to slow burn him I get the knock back pretty much one shots my merc and 9 times out of 10 I cant even get to the portal before its gone or I'm dead from the dot. My gear is pretty good but I'm getting blasted on my illy. It doesn't really even matter what merc I use when the darkness hits they are dead before I can even see again.

I don't see many people doing this zone if he stays the same way.
Raveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:35 AM   #55
Chrol

Developer

Black Bolt will be fixed in the next update. Also, Shadow Blast (his kb) won't target mercenaries.

Same goes for Gavitzle's bomb detonation. It too will no longer hit mers.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:03 AM   #56
Raveen

Sweet thanks for the update I like how the zones take some thought now and many things are linked to each other to complete the zone.
Raveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:19 AM   #57
Enoa

District of Ash (advanced solo)

I killed the named in a different order. 3rd or 4th run through. Usually I'd go Forge, Quarry, to cube/slime guy, then to lava area and the final boss encounter would spawn in the Quarry and the one dude would turn into a golem.

This time I went Forge, lava area, quarry, cube/slime guy, then the final boss encounter pair spawned in forge area. It was different encounter (alot more trivial). The Changer never changed into the golem.

Only other thing i did different was I didn't kill the steathed guards or the medics whereas previously I usually cleared them all (Trash has a ridiculously high drop rate for ornate btw).

Intended? Would be kind of neat to have different boss encounters depending on how you did the zone but almost felt like a bug. But it seemed like the 2nd way there was still a script (got a message that his shield went down or something when I killed all the immolates standing around the room).

Algorithm (advanced solo)

Was able to complete the zone today first pull on Black bolt. In full dps gear and spec (1.5 mil hitpoints). On significant gear change was the arcane/elemental/noxious ward ring from the other advanced solo. Maybe the damage doesn't need to be nerfed.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #58
Alienor

What kind of information is required here and where would I obtain that? The mercs (and to some part me) are dying like flies.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #59
Chrol

Developer

Yes!
Old 10-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #60
Chrol

Developer

Which merc/s were you using?