EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2015, 03:05 AM   #61
Jakaan

Yep, I got him as well.... i'm puzzled.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #62
Mystfit

In theory after all the nameds are killed (the one I missed was the one downstairs), then Gre-whatever respawns back upstairs to be killed again with a friend along with him.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:16 AM   #63
stink

Warden and Brigand grouped in Maldrua - when brigand leaves zone to go to Thalumbra, it doesnt zone. He has to camp to character select and came back in. It has happened twice now. We tried ungrouping before he camped and they didnt work either.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #64
Kaitheel

Developer

It is intended, as they are not lore, and you can use two of them. Thanks for the heads up though!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:20 AM   #65
Kaitheel

Developer

Yes, that is intended. It is not part of the signature quest line, in fact, none of Bhoughb's quest line is necessary for the signature quest line.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 02:21 AM   #66
Kaitheel

Developer

You will not have to complete "umbrite locked tight" for the Maldura achievement. that was not intended, and will be corrected.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 02:22 AM   #67
Kaitheel

Developer

Exactly! I'll be editing the quest journal to make this a little more evident. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 02:25 AM   #68
Kaitheel

Developer

That was unintentional, and will be corrected. Instead of having to complete "Umbrite Locked Tight" it'll require you to complete any version of "Malduran Defender".

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 03:55 AM   #69
Tabri

Oh thats a relief I just know mine didnt complete till I finished that one. Thank you
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:21 AM   #70
Elinea

I somehow ended up with 4 of these rings. Unless you're intending on having a backup set? Which I suppose would work Smile
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:40 AM   #71
Dotuming

So if all we have left in Maldura is umbrite locked tight for the achievement (quest journal says 11 quests completed but the achievement says 10 of 11) will that count for the maldura defender? And will it apply retroactively to those of us that have completed everything else for the mount?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:23 AM   #72
Eliziana

Quest: Pet the Puppy

Issue I don't see already mentioned here. After getting the puppy and continuing in the dungeon he died :'(. I tried to get him back as he had returned to his original location but couldn't find water bowl again. My quest journal still told me to find his owner so I went looking, and as I approached the npc the dog magically reappeared. Maybe make the dog invulnerable to damage? P.S. Quest reward should have been a puppy!
Eliziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #73
Svenhard

Keep working that quest line and you will get a puppy pet for reward.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #74
Kaitheel

Developer

The achievement will retroactively acknowledge your quests, including Malduran Defender.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2015, 09:21 PM   #75
Xuma

Maldura Quest Order - Pre-reqs? Toadwart isn't around when you start questing in Maldura. And, on a previous run-through, there was no feather above Gwelik's head until I had finished pretty much all the other quests in Maldura. Is there an order or Pre-reqs, or are these just being buggy. At the moment I'm at the spot where Toadwart usually is, but he is not there, or on track.
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #76
Lamatu

I thought I was bugged after I completed the sig line and all other quests and still couldn't see Toadwart. As soon as I ran all around the bar and up a ramp or two he suddenly showed himself.

Let us know if this works for you.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #77
Feef

don't know if its my toons or what but todewart is not showing up for 2 of my characters I have done 8 of the quests in maldura and can not progress with out goals in the shoals it wont let me share it on ones that have completed it says unable to check prerequisites for quest even though it is a sharable quest.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #78
Eliziana

Was passing Bhoughbh and his dialogue needs updating with the District of Ash dungeon name Kaitheel . (Just in case it wasn't on your 'to do list' already) Smile #Sluglife

[IMG]
Eliziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:42 PM   #79
Sigrdrifa

Also submitted as a /typo:

In the quest "Construct the Past", the quest text has some punctuation and spelling issues. The quest box has "I met a dedicated dhalgar mage within Maldura, who was having a difficult time convincing other citizens of the usefullness of spellcraft in battle, but not me! I'll help him fend off the attackers!"

There should not be a comma after "mage within Maldura" and "usefulness" is misspelled (it has only one L).
Old 11-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #80
Sigrdrifa

Also submitted as /typo. In the quest, "Underdepths Saga: Mysteries of Maldura", when speaking to Eccles Zaphardt, he says: "Oh! One gear does turn another. Are you looking for some mechanical bit of wonderment, or some shocking rods, may haps?"

"May haps" should be one word, "mayhap" (see http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mayhap)
Old 11-04-2015, 02:39 AM   #81
Kaitheel

Developer

D'oh! Hahahaha! Thank you.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2015, 02:40 AM   #82
Kaitheel

Developer

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #83
Xuma

I finished the Adv Sig quest and I ran as part of a Duo. Somehow, the other toon got credit for the quest "Defensive Measures" a subquest of the Algorithm section, but my toon didn't. Can I run the zone again and do that quest? Why didn't both toons get credit for completion?
Old 11-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #84
Xuma

I went back in and ran the zone - picking up the quest again and making sure this toon did all the steps and was able to complete it and get credit for it as a Maldura quest for the Achievement.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:00 AM   #85
Sigrdrifa

Also reported as /typo. Quest "Doin' it for the Schematics" -- the quest text has: "Down in the Aquifer Pumping Station, within the Waterworks section of Maldura, I met a gnemlin tinkerer, by the name of Bhoughbh Bhildur, on the verge of quitting his craft. After convincing him to give it one more chance he asked me to fetch his book of schematics from the Alcove of Reason."

Remove the comma after "I met a gnemlin tinkerer". Add a comma after "give it one more chance".
Old 11-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #86
Sigrdrifa

Also reported via /typo. In the quest "Smelly Ore for Toadie", the questbox text has:
"I finally cornered the scrawny, albino goblin who I kept seeing running around Maldura, in the Mushroom Bar and Grill. His name is Toadwart, and he is fiercely loyal to his mysterious master. I suspect I can convince him to reveal his master if I help him obtain the ferrovanadium he has been sent to fetch."

Since "who I kept seeing running around Maldura" is a subordinate clause (specifically, a relative clause), it must be set off with a comma (http://www.chompchomp.com/terms/subordinateclause.htm). This would create: "the scrawny, albino goblin, who I kept seeing running around Maldura".

You don't use an Oxford comma unless you have a list of three or more items, so remove the comma after "Toadwart".
Old 11-07-2015, 05:17 AM   #87
Canth

Tried to get the quest "Construct the Past" from Gilzin, but it only goes 2 dialogue exchanges before it stops. I click on Gilzin and get "[Listen to the exchange...]", click on that and get "[Continue listening...]", click on that, then the dialogue stops completely. Gilzin doesn't answer.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:18 AM   #88
Alenna

Same here .
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #89
Sigrdrifa

So can anyone give me a sketch of how Umbrite Locked Tight is SUPPOSED to work?
Old 11-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #90
Sigrdrifa

When the ark Gears are dying, they call for a medic. Wait for the medic to arrive, then kill the medic and the rezzed scout. If you are killing the scouts too fast, slow down until the medic has made an appearance.

Also, go to the Quarry, get on the lift and ride down. There are more of those guys downstairs.