EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #31
Elinea

For quest - Fury Road: The aberrants that Tyshgwyn fights while he sends me on to the northeast show up as pink boxes (the ones that are non aggro for him to fight). The ones the player is to fight shows up as normal, it's just the npc ones that are pink boxes.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:02 PM   #32
Elinea

When I did this, the quest didn't update on the second pillar, so it looks like there's a bit of randomness to when it bugs out. Activating the pillar worked, but killing the abberrants did not update it. I deleted the quest and I'll get it again to see which pillar it bugs out on a second run.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #33
Jakaan

Another One Bites the Rock: after using the glow toads and gathering the unconscious crag gorgers, I cannot seem to find the metamorphic rock. I went back to speak to Thaneni (quest giver) and all he does is repeat that I need to get the unconscious gorgers. He should now tell me I need to "release a crag gorger upon the metamorphic rock" and perhaps give me a better clue as to where it is located.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #34
EmJay

Might help a tad, but the overall quest area, the ironwood fungas grove, whatever the heck it was called is just way too small. I did the two beginning quests early this morning when there was only three others in the same area doing the quests and we were running over each other. I still foresee a huge bottleneck on release day.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #35
Soresha

I can't get into the Algorithm for Destruction zone for the sig line quest Zaphardt's Defenders. Am I doing something wrong? I'm definitely in the ROI called Sublevel Access Antechamber (onscreen message) but I can't find any zone in point to click on.

There's a door in each of the side rooms but these do nothing.

Yesterday I managed to accidentally click on something around the central column and zone into... somewhere..! I have no clue about that, I realised it was a mistake a zoned straight back out. Now today I can't replicate that.

Help please! Smile

EDIT: Ok I just found the post about adv solo zones etc being closed until the 26th. Makes sense but if we can't get into the initial solo versions for the quests, how do we continue the main sig line?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #36
Elinea

Quest - It's Pillar Time.

As with others, I can't advance the quest after activating the pillar. On the first pillar, activating spawns the abberrants and they attack. After killing them, the quest updates and tells me to recharge another pillar. I find another and repeat the process. After killing the abberrants that spawn on the second pillar, the quest does not update.

I have deleted the quest and tried it again, activating the pillars in a different order. On this round, I used a pillar that I had not yet found previously as my second pillar charge. Same results, the abberrants that spawn did not advance the quest upon killing them.

I also tried going ahead and doing a third pillar to see if the next set of abberrants that spawned would advance it, but that didn't either. Quest not completed.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #37
Jrel

On It's Pillar Time, I killed an Aberrant mind-dissector and mind-eraser, but it did not update the "Defeat the Aberrant attackers" portion.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #38
Kaitheel

Developer

Good news! Here's the next batch of bug fixes headed toward Beta:
  • "Not So Tender Touch" & "Ironblood and Guts" - Players must now complete both quests in order to receive the equipment reward choice
  • Underdepths Saga: Into Darkness - Quest journal and Virun D'Xyafin now give proper direction for Viti's tinkered portal-gate
  • Dismantle Ten Rats - Killing the clockwork rodents now results in an error message
  • It's Pillar Time - Killing the second set of Aberrant attackers now updates the quest successfully
I'm not sure when these changes will be on Beta, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.
~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #39
Kaitheel

Developer

Oops! I'll alert art of the issue. The water volume must have been tagged as both water and lava, by accident.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #40
Kaitheel

Developer

Yeah, that was stopping everyone. I found the cause and have submitted a fix for it. It should be called out in the Beta update notes when the fix makes it there.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #41
Kaitheel

Developer

Good feedback!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #42
Elinea

It only seems to be the water around the Alcove of Reason, as the water near the Mushroom Bar isn't like that.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #43
Elowith

Another One Bites the Rock - Unable to find any clickable metamorphic rocks. More details really needed in text.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:28 AM   #44
Kaitheel

Developer

I've submitted another change to Beta*:
  • Another One Bites the Rock - Thaneni and the quest journal now give better direction to the metamorphic rock in Zou'Lidelas
*usual message of not knowing when this will be on Beta, but should be noted in update notes.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #45
Tipperton

Broken Quests:
It's Pillar Time: Does NOT update after 2nd Pillar. (Pillars look like the Claimable Alter, FYI)
Another One Bites the Rock: Does NOT update after 3rd round of releasing the crag gorger upon the rock. The rock itself becomes tiny & if you right click it, you can attack it, but really cannot attack it. (For those who cannot find the rock: It is South - South West of the quest giver, at approximately -322.24, 232.20, 396.96 & is nestled amongst the agro treants.)

On second Character, an added quest is the one required to obtain the Abyssal Ore...The Potato looking rocks are there but are no longer clickable to obtain the Abyssal Ore.

Overall take on Beta thus far: Enjoyable. Really like the fact everything is NOT marked on the map, makes questing more challenging. Do not like broken quests. The "Solo" zone that was up for a few days with the Queen, that was sort of fun, the mobs in there were Amazingly strong, but as a tank I blew right through them. The epic x4 & huge buff from the queen was awesome & the strategy for killing the epic was clear cut. No Reward was depressing though.
The city of Maldura, nice job, nice design, especially like the Elevators & unique levers to activate them. (First time at the elevator, didn't see it for an elevator, took it as a hole & dropped in to see where it went!! LOL, Close my eyes & JUMP! WEEEEE! Think I broke my ankle, but then discovered it was an elevator.)

The names now drop Loot; That makes killing them more worth the effort, though there are a couple that their poison dot does extreme damage, but still doable.

Looking forward to progressing further along in the Signature quest line & do some dungeons.

ONLY request I have other than fix broken quests is to ADD Ferrin to the Beta Buffers so we can get PURPLE adorns for our armor & Possibly a way outside of trade skilling to obtain the White Superior Adorns to go with.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #46
Katzandra

I can see where you might think doing away with map clues might make it more challenging for some, but I urge you to rethink this. Because this new zone is a huge underground cavern, there is no overhead lighting and things are lit from glowing objects on the ground. Because I live in a rural area and have a less than stellar internet connection, I usually play the game in high performance. I am also "an experienced gamer" of many decades (I'm old) and my eyesight isn't all that I would like it to be. I found the first quest frustrating because it was difficult to locate the mushroom farm. I even looked for road signs like we had in Greater Faydark for new players, but I didn't find them if they were there. When a friend found the mushroom farm and I finally got there, finding and being able to compete for the things I was supposed to kill to advance the quest was difficult. It wasn't fun. I ended up completing one quest and moving on to the city before I decided to check out the crafting quests.

Anyone who is truly offended by the map clues can TURN THEM OFF. For those of us who find this feature one of the reasons we PAY to play this game year after year, dropping them from the game is -- well not a great business move. I bought the new expac on 2 accounts so I am committed to this. However, I am not much looking forward to spending the next year in a dark place using my mouse to scroll over every inch of terrain. I think the glowy effect will not work well in this expac because all the lighting seems to come from ground light sources, but without the glowy effect to guide some of us with poor eyesight and low resolution settings, finding objects will fade from the realm of "this is fun" to the realm of "why am I PAYING to do this?"

I can only hope that EQ2 Maps rises to the occassion and adds the RoI back to the game.............
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #47
Elowith

Mighty Magimorphic Ore - with some help, I was able to find the right area. However, there are very few nodes to harvest, and about 80% of them are 'empty' with no slickstone ore. This is going to be impossible with anyone else looking for the ore.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #48
Tipperton

Katzandra, My post was not meant to offend anyone. For beta, I like the idea that the maps are not marked, they did post elsewhere that the PoI's/RoI's will be available when the Xpac goes live, just during Beta it is not available. Like you, I am also "old" & have a hard time seeing some of the things here, especially the Fungus Farm & those mushrooms, they all look alike! My point was that I like the challenge of getting around & finding where the quests actually are instead of the map saying, go here, kill this, harvest that, boom bang done. No challenge in easy mode. Road signs would definitely help though.

Also to further comment on my above post, nevermind the purple adorns & white adorns, completely spaced out that we will soon be able to copy our toons over from live & they should already have the appropriate adorns.

Another note on the Quests though is that many of them seem to require you to complete them in a specific order in order to complete them, however, the quest dialog and/or quest tracker does not indicate that there is an order. If you do them out of order, some of the quests bug out. Primarily the ones that require the ore and the bats, or the Oilsilck ore & abyssal ore. The abyssal ore quest is still bugged for many even when it is done in order though.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #49
Katzandra

There was no offense taken Tipperton as my post was in response to reading about the intentional absence of markers. (I hadn't read your post when I posted earlier.) I had presumed map clues were just absent in beta until I read the lead post in this thread and jumped to the conclusion that this was meant to be part of the plan for the next year of my gaming life. Thanks for clearing up my confusion! I am happy to learn the map hints will be available when the expac goes live.

I will preface the next observation with an admission to the limited time I spent in beta thus far. I got frustrated and decided to wait for beta copy to be implemented and quit after a few quests. However, it did seem I could follow the signature quest without doing many of the side quests. When I got frustrated with killing mushrooms, I went back to the first quest giver and got sent to the city for the next phase of the signature. If this holds up to be true, this is great news for those of us who might be affectionately known as altoholics. Although I am sure I will want to run at least one character through all the quests when it goes live, this gets a bit tedious with extremely long signature quest lines. It is good to hope that many quests can be bypassed should one choose to do so.
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #50
Chrol

Developer

The POIs for the map will come, but no ROIs/POIs attached to quests will be added.

The one exception to the no-quest ROIs/POIs are for timed quests in Thalumbra. The blue areas on the map will be available for those types of quests.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #51
Tipperton

Thanks Chrol for clearing that up. The PoI's will help a lot of folks, myself included.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #52
rezumezu

"Construct the Past" got 3 of Raw Splitiron Stones and went too deep saw feathers so killed stuff and updated other quests... now cannot get the ores anymore. Wings portion updated fine
Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #53
Bloodguts

where did you find the abyssal ore? i thought it would be in the Abyssal Chasm, but nothing's there.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:29 AM   #54
SpriteGal

Quest - "Goals in the Shoals"

Only one Soul Bleeder other than ones in three arrow up groups, and that one resets every time you aggro him, so the quest is unfinishable solo. The three arrow ups throw spells that do between 300,000 to 500,000 each. So you die if you try to fight the Soul Bleeders with them.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #55
Elinea

Past the Splitiron Mines in the Abyssal Overlook as soon as the mine opens up into the larger area.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:49 AM   #56
Kaladz

I find the heroics are also instantly resetting as well and are unkillable.
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:30 AM   #57
Natinaf

Me and some others finished the quest together in a group.
I was able to oneshoot them(even the 3up)
So I shouted for other poeple on the same quest step and we made it.
Still its horrible and should be fixed asap.
Fix the resettes both the solo and the 3up mobs do reset, and spawn more of the solo ones.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #58
Elinea

I found the Abyssal ore and how to get it, but I'm coming up clueless on the slickstone. Nobody in general chat seems inclined to help either. Can you give me a hint?

Nevermind, found it!

Elowith is right though. The quest dialogue states that this stuff is available in Splitiron Mines, but there is none there. I've gone in there invisible, scrolled far into 1st person in case I was just missing it. But there is none of the ore there.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #59
Bloodguts

I checked the area with the Cave Locusts once you get out of the Splitiron Mine and there's nothing there, and on the Abyssal Overlook where all the crag gorgers are i don't see anything either.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #60
Elinea

Are you picking up the bombs from the crates in the mines first? they look like sort of oval shaped lighter brown rocks in the abyssal overlook.