EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 AM   #1
Alenna

Soe build 11411
first quest to talk to the queen I go there on my character that has finished the city of qeynos questline and click on the door and get 2 options both of which say Queen Antonia's Chambers first options kicked me out before getting zoned in all the way. the second let me in. this will confuse people though if you do not give an indication on which one is for which quest if a person is running though the city of qeynos questline and gets to one of the parts that has them visiting hte queen it wil be even more confusing.I did check on a toon that is on the city of qeynos questline but not on one of the quests that has her visit the queen she clicked on the door and got in immedietly please indicate which one is for which quest.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Lodrelhai

Shattered Seas: Called to Qeynos Castle - Antonia says "Any slight has been known to spark the fires of a war between the kingdoms (those being Qeynos and Freeport), or at least been used to justify it."

There has never been open warfare between Qeynos and Freeport. To the best of my knowledge, they have only engaged in two wars: against the Awakened in-game, and in the 2nd Rallosian War pre-Rending. In both cases, they were both on the same side (though not active allies) against a common enemy. Certainly there's been a cold war between the two for the entire duration of the game, but no fires of war have been sparked or justified because there's been no fire.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Kuulei

SOEBuild=11411 Signature: Shattered Seas: Refuge Return
I must continue to assist the survivors on the Isle of Refuge: Sub quests

[BUG] Building a New Future: Unable to locate and "scavenge parts"
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
Kaitheel

Developer

Queen Antonia's Chambers - Entry choices will no longer be confusing with next update.
Shattered Seas: Called to Qeynos Castle - Antonia's dialogue about the fires of a war between the kingdoms will be adjusted with next update.

[BUG] Building a New Future: Unable to locate and "scavenge parts" - Please post in Tranquil Sea thread.
[BUG] Quest: Research and Recovery - Please post in Tranquil Sea thread.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
Ucala

now I can't even log in since my toon is stuck in Phantom Sea, and all my toons are invisible
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
Kuulei

SOEBuild=11411 Signature: Shattered Seas: Refuge Return
I must continue to assist the survivors on the Isle of Refuge: Sub quests
[BUG] Quest: Research and Recovery
Recover research from the basement of Malvonicus' Tower
No item update the quest in the basement upon zoning into it.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
Xtaroth

Shattered Seas: Chasing Greymast
On step (4) Find Some sign of What happened to the Far Seas Traders.

I completed the Spider people things' quest-line before getting to this point so it will not skip over it or update like it should.
Xtaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:03 AM   #8
Elowith

Shattered Seas:Refuge Return says to continue assissting Ailena and Clackwhinge, but I have no active quests from them nor can I get any. They both converse about subquests I have completed (rescuing the survivors and placing the fallout counters. Would really appreciate some GM response - restarting questline makes no sense.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 AM   #9
Kaitheel

Developer

Elowith,

I would suggest you post this in the Tranquil Sea quest thread, as it involves the Tranquil Sea quests on Isle of Refuge. That will have the best luck of being seen by the appropriate designer, and therefore diagnosed and resolved.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-10-2014, 03:02 AM   #10
Kaitheel

Developer

I'll definitely have to get the quest working for just such occasions. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #11
Misia

My sig says to keep helping the spiders, but the only quest I have right now for them is A Dragonfly, A Spider which won't advance. It tells me to "Bring news to Kitkalla" who is supposed to be at the three sisters. He is not. He's still by the Elder and no double of him at the three sisters either.
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #12
Misia

Actually, Kitkalla completed my gathering quest for the ritual, but then immediately 'regressed' his dialog to as if I didn't complete it. Also it's not listed in my completed quests. So, I'm stuck.
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #13
Kuulei

Quite a few of the spider-bear NPC's have no feathers or books as you progress through the questline
Old 10-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
Kalika

Can anyone help me , i complete the boat instance for the quest and I am done helping the spider-bears. I was send back on pirat boat and then to Pygmee island. There i found a small boat/canot.

I m stuck there with a quest that involves the bugged Dino's corpses that move around.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #15
Catin of Runnyeye

How do I get on this quest? Do I have to have completed something from a previous expansion? If so what? And Why?

I do not have any mail except from Captain Ethan for T/S quest lines. I am a level 95 Conjurer wit 339 AA.

OK found the answer. But why is Rosalina Goodfallow showing an out levelled quest flag?
Catin of Runnyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:21 AM   #16
Neiloch

I seemed to have finished 'Shattered Seas: Dark Threats on Dshinn' but when I clicked on the boat and was ported to 'Kithicor Island' I did not receive another quest. The only one I see is a quest for the tradeskill line but not the adventure one.

Shattered Seas: Dark Threats on Dshinn
My pursuit of Captain Greymast and Dargan, another Far Seas Trader, has brought me to Kithicor Island, after narrowly surviving another attack by the mysterious four-armed men on North Dshinn.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #17
Kaitheel

Developer

Good question! I'll have to examine that.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #18
Kaitheel

Developer

Interesting. You should see either Murrar Shar (good questline) or Tamm Gloryday (evil questline) at the dock. Are either there? Do they say anything to you?

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
Eliziana

Edit: never mind, I found the NPC eventually Smile
Eliziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:49 AM   #20
Laita

Alright, I can't advance Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Land because the angry deino never appears for me, so I deleted the quest and now I can't get the quest back again... however I was able to speak to Nuwatt Pickletrade and pick up the quest Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa... not sure if this is intended as I haven't completed the previous portion of the signature quest yet...
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #21
Laita

Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa

Ran the solo zone, got all the updates, went to Aillena and killed the agent in the crows nest, quest now says to return to Aillena, it opens up a blue diologue box (like reading and in game book), but doesn't update the quest once it's complete.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #22
Laita

Ignore my last post, there's another "Aillena" in the camp that updates the quest...

But seriously... why are the same NPC's staying up all over the place, getting really annoying and confusing! Frown
Old 10-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #23
Laita

Shattered Seas: Woken Scales

Says follow Belzia's path of origination and enter the revealed location...

Not noticing any magical "path" leading anywhere... is this supposed to be like the tracking ability? otherwise if it's some type of particle effect it's not showing up for me/bugged...
Old 10-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #24
Kaitheel

Developer

I just wanted to let you all know that over the last few days I have been able to resolve the following issues, concerning the Signature quests that go through Tranquil Sea. Hopefully, they'll be on the Beta server in the next few days:
  • Shattered Seas: Refuge Return - The Greymast clues at Crestrider's Strand have a larger use distance.
  • Shattered Seas: Refuge Return - Overseer Clackwhinge and Aillena Belzia respond willingly, and advance quest if you have completed their quests prior to having this quest.
  • Shattered Seas: Refuge Return - Map regions are now highlighted for appropriate steps.
  • Shattered Seas: Chasing Greymast - Map regions are now highlighted.
  • Shattered Seas: Chasing Greymast - Karrabukk and Charr respond willingly, and advance quest if you have completed their quests prior to having this quest.
  • Shattered Seas: Pirates' Plot - Map regions are now highlighted for appropriate steps.
  • Shattered Seas: Pirates' Plot - Quest now works in both Brokensull Bay: Bilgewater Falls [Solo] and [Advanced Solo].
  • Shattered Seas: Pirates' Plot - an Agent of Freeport & an Agent of Qeynos now given level appropriate buffs and weapons.
  • Shattered Seas: Pirates' Plot - Pella Saltbreeze now carries the appropriate quest feather.
  • Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands - Map regions are now highlighted.
  • Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands - Pella's directions to South Dshinn are more accurate now.
  • Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands - Guldri, Zedj and Nuwat respond willingly, and advance quest if you have completed their quests prior to having this quest.
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa - Can now only be gained upon completion of Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands.
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa - Map regions are now highlighted for appropriate steps.
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa - There is no longer two versions of Belzia during this quest, and the viewable one has the proper quest feather.
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa - an Agent of Freeport & an Agent of Qeynos now given level appropriate buffs and weapons.
More fixes to come!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #25
Kaitheel

Developer

It hasn't been added, yet. There will definitely be one!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 AM   #26
Kaitheel

Developer

Fixed!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:59 AM   #27
corruptbiker

what about the denio quest on south dshinn and eta on when those will be fixed?
corruptbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:04 AM   #28
Kaitheel

Developer

I'm not the designer working on that content, but I know that a fix has been submitted. In fact, several have been, as it seems to have been an inconsistent issue. If you'd like to follow the discussion about that issue, and the other Tranquil Sea zone quests, you can find it here!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-17-2014, 02:50 AM   #29
Laita

Quest: Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom

Quest says Enter Ssraeshza temple: shadow of luclin... upon zoning in, the quest does not update... did two complete clears of the zone, every trash, every name, looked for clickies, no updates to be found...
Old 10-17-2014, 02:54 AM   #30
Kaitheel

Developer

According to another player who has also posted about the issue, "In order to progress the quest, you must first solo into the incorrect dungeon. Instead of getting quest progress from zoning into Ssraeshza Temple: Shadow of Luclin, you only get credit for the first part of the quest in Ssraeshza Temple (Solo) instead."

This will be fixed!

~ Kaitheel