EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Gninja

Developer

[Solo] Intended level for this version is 95, straight out of the last expansion.
[Advanced Solo] You need to be at least level 98 to enter this version.

This zone should be a little bit tougher than Brokenskull Bay but should be able to be completed with a friend or mercenary. One of you should probably be a healer of some sort just in case a boss decides to get a nuclear bomb off on you... Twas but a scratch!

Post any feedback, positive or negative, just keep it constructive please Smile Also feel free to use /bug and /feedback as we will be watching those closely.

- Gninja
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Gninja

Developer

The zone out is in progress. Should make the build in the next couple days.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
mitsybitsy

This zone can not be entered just kicks you back to Phantom Sea
mitsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #4
Gninja

Developer

That is correct. There was an error in the zone files that had to be fixed. Should be fixed in the next build or two.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
Moonpanther

ok probably a dumb question, but I can't find anything telling me where to find the solo dungeons can be found. I'm 95 so I can do some of them correct?
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Chantz

I just pulled a one up "an ascended sentry" and it seemed to have a lot of hp. After about 1,5 min of fighting and the mob being at 80% life I decided to check out the zone another time Tongue
Chantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Chantz

The Advanced Solo Version of that zone is much better. Can kill trash mobs here, but was one shot by a cultist sacrificer who used the spell "sacrifice" on me. There is no information in the combat log for how much that spell hit me
Old 10-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Chantz

So far I like the zone.

Wasn't able to kill the third named encounter, as Achions Bone Spear keeps killing me. Was able to kill Peris, but Ursher keeps returning to 100% when nearly dead. Tried killing Achion first, but Ursher taunt locks me and Achion seems to have way more life than the other two. But maybe I just didn't get the script.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #9
Conrow

[IMG][IMG]where is the zone in located at
Conrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
Xentin

So I am having the same issue in the Advanced solo as Chantz. On Achion, Peris and Ursher, the bone spear from Achion does 602 piercing damage on target instantly and ever 0.3seconds plus an additional 60180dmg every tick per description. It is melting my 1.6mil hp in the matter of 2seconds. It has a long cast time but I cant interrupt it at all and if Ursher is still up he keeps me taunt locked no matter what 5seconds after engage. I was able to kill both Peris and Ursher but Achion has so much hp I died 10 times from bone spear and a merc rezzing me. It would take me about an hour of just being chain rezzed by my merc to kill him solo.

added: he does not bone spear my merc, so far I have been being chain rezzed by the merc and trying to widdle him down by trying new things like line of sight, certain areas to see if there is protection like the alcoves that got bone walls on the first named. cant seem to stop bone spear from hitting me

deaded: took 35minutes, 24 deaths and luckily he doesnt do much to stamper, verdict at 25%. Wall of Force, Perfect Counter and Gut Roar do absorb the bonespear if you time them correctly but it can still sometimes break through.
Xentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Xentin

The 4th named, Priestess of malice, died really fast and never saw a script, she did 1 casting animation but nothing came of it.

Last named, his 2 debuffs for Tone of Death and forget the second one have no description, just says cannot by modified by direct means. Tank and spanked with him just going immune and playing the organ 6 or 7 times.
Xentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #12
Wigin

Developer

The taunting will be removed from the solo versions of the zone it made it just not fun with a limited number of players it felt like you spent the whole fight taunted.
Wigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Wigin

Developer

Some of the NPCs were still tuned to heroic difficulty that should be fixed soon.
Wigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #14
Ucala

did it again with the sister fight only taking 5:28 to do, and did it with no deaths (illy power).
but it clearly needs to be changed, the bone spear on it is pretty darn crazy
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:28 AM   #15
Shadowscale

zone in is located where?
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #16
Shadowscale

huh cant edit... found zone in, but now finding stuff has WAY to much health in standard solo....
Old 10-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #17
Shadowscale

and sudden one shots
Old 10-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
Ucala

zone was interesting, I cleared it and can't say much about stats cause my average fight length is about 14s (burn too fast).
but the 3rd name was nearly 9 min. I guess I did the script wrong? killed 2 sisters easy but the 3rd had like 90% damage reduction and just kept porting and throwing spears at me, that was the long part. I couldn't figure out how to dodge the bone spear being tossed, I tried behind walls, in other rooms, all in vain and it kept hitting me

Boss. Tone of Pain was a consistant damage thing happening to me, if fact it was basically the only thing damaging me in the fight.
with the name porting every few sec (might be % based I guess and just burning too fast). it was kinda hard to last since I was getting hit with tone of pain while he was immune in the back.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
Elowith

Does the advanced solo version update the sig quest? When is the regular solo due to be updated? Many minutes for trash fights makes it pretty untestable right now.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
SandsMans

The Primordial Altar version is still unavailable, and the solo version still has mobs with an incredible amount of HP.

Some of the mobs also conned green at 97, but still had too much HP to even make a dent in them.
SandsMans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #21
Ucala

I found out in Resonance of Malice (Advanced Solo).
that during the sister fight I as an illy I can block the spear throw
casting Phase on the sister throwing the spear stops the casting Tongue it is basically the only way I can stop it
Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #22
Xray

or you can 1 shot it as a brawler.
Xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #23
Laita

Can we get a waypoint for the zone in? tired of flying around Smile
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #24
Laita

Resonance of Malice - Solo

Just zoned in, and after pulling the first room, I'm gonna head out for now because I don't have hours at the moment to test this zone. I will say the amount of hit points the trash mobs have are rather ridiculously high, hence why I don't have time to attempt a full clear at the moment Smile
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
Anghammarad

Primeordeal Altar:

the skeletal obscenity and cruor vitae, as well as the dismebodied spirits hit for more than 200k in under a second. so solo you and your merc go squis. sometimes receiving a 2.5 mil hit. This from level 99.

Placing the Boss at the entrance revive point is just getting your equip killed in no time... revive, she attakcs you and you are dead rigth after "zoning" has finihed... completely pointless... If she needs to stay there, change her that she aggros after toalking to her and not as soon as in range. She hits minimum 290k as well, sometime 4 times in a row in less than 2 seconds.

Edit:

Villandre V'Zher seems to be from the group instance. never got her below 100%, healed through, merc squished as well, me a second later. Can't go on further with this line until fixed.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #26
Ucala

it's a solo instance, she is just OP atm, also you posted this in the wrong section
Old 10-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #27
Alienor

The cranial skitterers are hard stuff. All other mob groups look good but against these me and 10y vet are having a hard time. Is it intended that this dish out so much damage for a solo instance?
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #28
Alienor

Still happens in the solo zone
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #29
Rosena

The cranial skitterers and carrion feasters also have way too much HP. I fought a closed group encounter of them in the first room for what felt like ages with a level 100 warden (10 minute fight). That happened in the regular solo zone, not advanced solo.
Rosena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #30
Canth

The solo zone is horrid overtuned. My inq in mystical raid gear keeps getting ripped as soon as Divine Waters is down and Equil is blown through on the third named. I gave up on trying to kill the groups of cranial skitterers and carrion feasters as they hit fairly hard and have way more HP than the name mobs do.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote