EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 03:15 AM   #1
Chrol

Developer

Hey everyone! Please post any feedback and/or bugs involving both solo versions of Ssraeshza Temple here.

[Solo] Intended level for this version is 95, straight out of the last expansion.
[Advanced Solo] You need to be at least level 98 to enter this version.

Note - this is intended to be a tad harder than Castle Highhold, because of snakes and stuff.

You can enter the zone through a teleporter in Phantom Sea at -1079.4 51.6 -1061.4

KNOWN ISSUE - Reviving does not work currently. A fix is in and will hopefully go out with the next build.

-Chrol
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
Chantz

I just died in that zone and the death dialogue didn't show up. Even /showdeathdialogue doesn't work, so I'm stuck in the zone, as long as the 30 Minute timer for zoning in doesn't run out.
Chantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
Chantz

Spelled /showdeathdialog incorrect in the post - but doesn't work either
Chantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Chrol

Developer

This should be fixed in the next build. Thanks for the head's up Chantz.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
Xentin

Having troubles zoning into here. It gets stuck for awhile on logging into zone server. I got in on my 5th try but my partner couldnt, so tried CoV'n him and then it kicked me to char select and expired the zone when I tried to get back in. After about 10 tries it seems my partner just cant connect to this zone so if I am grouped with him then it prevents me also even if you invite after already being in the zone.
Xentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Xentin

So I came into the zone anyways to test it since I am level 97 and top end raid geared. The 3rd named, The Earthen Behemoth needs some tuning. Found that you have 10seconds to cure the trauma or it turns into a curse that blows you up so as a fighter I have to take the dragon AA for chance to cure or pot it. Secondly the adds have A LOT of hitpoints, even dual weilding I couldnt come close to killing them before they depop. At one point he did do an emote saying "The Earthen Behemoth rebuilds itself from the nearby stones". I got him to 20% several times and once to 9% before he would heal to 40-76%. Because of the HP of the adds and the frequency of the spawn I couldnt tell if he was healing from them from not dying.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
Xentin

Also he did not do the emote every time, just the first time he healed.

Edit: Have pulled him several times now, his knockup is right after the trauma so the having to pot the trauma can fail because of being knocked around. I also tried going offensive as possible and burning him before any problems with the script, could not pull it off.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #8
Laita

Can we get a /waypoint to the zone in Smile
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
Chrol

Developer

Looks like he's casting the heroic version of that curse. That should be fixed in the next update.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #10
Xentin

Finally powered through it with a dirge to boost dps, The 4th named died so fast that we didnt get to really inspect any of the portal debuffs but they were also about to kill us. He died in about 15seconds but we used all temps So the hp balance probably isnt too off considering we are both really geared. The debuffs were hitting really hard though, we almost died by the end of it even with Battle Frenzy up.

5th named seems to be very scripted, the shadows and adds in the corners seem to have high hp, took us awhile to kill. He somehow got 2 curses while I stayed at 1 and got to 50 increments. the portal kept sending us to different ledges and I could barely do any damage to the shadows. We powered through it somehow though and he died on the last part of the boss after he comes back and I barely managed to kill him with death saves the last like 20%.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #11
Chrol

Developer

There's another way to get up to those platforms without taking damage from the teleporter...
Old 10-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #12
Xentin

I didnt even notice any damage from the teleporter, just that once the first shadow died me and artifactxxyy kept being put on different ledges when we clicked it. He kept going to a ledge with no shadow and I kept being sent to the one with it.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #13
Adegx

Red Tide- 2nd named?

Applies an effect that turns your screen red. And then again turns it even deeper/darker red. Isnt this really bad for people with color blindness? I Thought soe was going to be more aware of this. I'm NOT color blind and it was not really visually the most appealing experience.

If i understand colorblindness correctly I think this effect is going to almost completely black out someones screen .
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #14
Chrol

Developer

I edited the top post with the waypoint Laita.

Regarding the tide of red, Adegx, it's just for effect. Whatever the color is on screen does not make or break this fight. There are other mechanics I've used on other fights where knowing what color something is would be very beneficial to you in surviving, but in those cases I also spell out what color is being displayed.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
Laita

Kept getting one shot by the trash (mineral cobras).. Revive still not working despite lastnight's update.

Unatu - damage output seemed a little high.. mob is probably cake for tanks/healers and T1 that can burn it down quickly, utility classes might be hurting initially until they get decent gear.

Poxrata - again, probably cake for a tank/healer who can absorb or just heal through the damage, but as an illy with a merc that can't heal worth a , just can't get the adds down before dying. Would be possible for utility classes with either lighter damage output, increasing merc heals, or the ability to use crowd control affects, but as is, they're immune to everything, stuns, mezz's etc..

and since I'm out of scrolls of resurrection, can't continue with zone Smile
Old 10-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
Chrol

Developer

Was this in [Solo] or [Advanced Solo], Laita?

Poxrata's adds should now be controllable, and I had mistakenly left the damage on the cobra's Luclinite Fangs from heroic on them, which is why they're one-shotting you. That shouldn't be the case in an upcoming beta build.

I believe the revive fix will go in later tonight.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #17
Laita

It was in the regular solo.. I just ran this on my channeler, and was able to pull the entire room with Poxrata and kill them all no problem. It appears the name "dies" when the adds do, and they have a lot of hp's, got them down to around 50% on the illy before being overrun.. in it's current state very easy for a tank or healer, other classes that don't have the survivability will struggle unless mercs get a healing boost
Old 10-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #18
Laita

Earthern Behemoth needs to be tuned, again, don't see a non-tank or healer doing this fight as is. Shatter earth is hitting for 300k, earthbound hitting for 70k.. fine for a tank or healer, but mage/scout w/ merc are going to have issues. As mentioned in previous posts, the trauma seems to hit during the knockback, and if not cured immediately leads to a curse that can't be cured and then death.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #19
Adegx

not sure a tank alone would have the dps to kill the adds.
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #20
Chrol

Developer

For The Earthen Behemoth encounter...
  • Add's health has been lowered.
  • They can be controlled as well (mez, root, etc...not charmed, though). The Earthen Behemoth can also now be rooted.
  • Shatter Earth's damage has been significantly reduced.
Also, Poxrata's Crimson Tide spell can now be interrupted, so just watch for the on screen messaging and you have a chance to avoid the tide of red that fills the room.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #21
Chrol

Developer

Regarding Vathsis, the mana drain is avoidable, although Vathsis should be immune to indirect AEs during that part of the fight, so I'll add that in. And those effigies will be controllable as well.

For Kavis, his Wave of Poison's damage will be reduced and it'll hit slightly less often. Also, are you not seeing the columns of water that rise up in the corners of the room? Using the teleporter during this fight is a bad idea...
Old 10-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #22
SusanaQ

Apparently the solo zone is meant to be done for 95s right out of the expansion, but...

the Earthen Behemoth guy is extremely difficult. We were able to tackle the rest of the zone just fine. I was on a potent geared Fury and my partner was on his Coercer. The adds are just impossible to kill, the level of HP is ridiculous. He just kept resetting repeatedly. We have decent DPS... it just wasn't working. :/
SusanaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #23
Ucala

the zone seems fine except the Earthen Behemoth, guy is way too powerful for a Solo instance.
also I figured the zone had the rev in by now, but seems it doesn't. and now idk how to get myself back up Tongue
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:18 AM   #24
Laita

I killed it on the first pull, so was just seeing what the teleporter did, as a channeler was too easy to cure the curse and then ranged down the mobs on the other platforms so never had to go back down... so didn't pay attention to the water columns, but yeah when I try it on the Illy will have to look out for the water columns.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #25
Laita

Had to finish the zone on the channeler, because can't get past Poxrata on the illy at the moment.

Vathsis - the mana drain is rather intense on this, didn't get to really see what everything was as I just auto attacked it down and sacrificed pet health for power every few seconds.. unless there's a way to get around the script, should be tuned, b/c lots of adds and no mana = bad juju... I'm assuming that the infused effigy (the add) needs to be killed before it gets anywhere near the name b/c that's the message that screams mana drain..

Kavis Set'ra - Ok, I love this fight as a channeler, it's everything the class was designed for survivability and dps.. with that being said.. the constant dot (Wave of Poison) is probably a little high for non-healers who take a healer merc in zone with them to keep up with. Being a healer, I was able to cure the curse so didn't receive anything negative from it, but classes going in with a non-healer will definitely suffer from this, perhaps change it to a noxious or trauma that can be cured with a potion would be a good idea. I found I really only had to teleport once, could easily range the other shades from the first platform and not have to deal with the adds at the bottom at all, not sure if that's intended. Shades did have a TON of hit points though.. but overall I think this is a good fight, but like I said, Wave of Poison damage should probably be lowered a bit, or increase merc healing.

Again this entire zone seems to be geared towards healers or tanks, not a zone that all classes can accomplish solo or with a merc. These fights were done with a channeler, when the mentioned fixes go live I will attempt it again on the Illy and provide feedback from that perspective.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:01 AM   #26
Xasuliz

98 Bruiser in 3/3 Gem potent and heroic accessories.

Trash seems reasonably balanced. I think healing debuffs in solo instances are a bit over the top however.

Boss: Unato - Appeared balanced, did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

Boss: Poxrata and the trio - Like a lot of the zones, i think HP needs to be toned down some, Poxrata seems to be at an ok spot, but the trio with her could be cut back maybe 25% in my opinion. Also the uncurable Drowning she does is overpowered for it being a solo zone. Unless I missed something, it needs to have the dmg cut way back, the duration shortened, or be made curable.

Boss: Earthen Behemoth - Gave up here. That stacking buff he has needs to be toned down or removed. Merc healers are useless because they wont cure fast enough to stop that trauma from turning into an massive damage curse. As a bruiser tank i dont have nearly enough dmg to either kill the dislodged stones or damage him enough to outpace his healing and stacking the buff even more.

Trash mobs are ok as they are. Bosses need to be toned way back still. Probably beatable with either a tank and high dps or healer and high dps combo, but this is supposed to be a solo zone.
Xasuliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #27
Denzello

I just killed the Behemoth (2nd pull) in solo version, on a warden with potent gear and 2 eth weaps, I agree hes tough to kill as a non healer, but I kept rooting the adds and moved from alcove to alcove leaving the adds behind constantly rooted till named went down.
So I guess the intention here was not to kill adds and keep the named moving around/away from them.
Denzello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #28
Denzello

uhm killed it on first pull w/o seeing the columns either, had to use the porter several times and cured the curse myself (warden) everytime. the porter seems to port you randomly on one of the platforms so eventually you can reach all of Kavis' adds, but I could also sneak along the wall to reach other platforms.

all in all id say the zone is a pita for non heals/tanks at lvl 95-97 even with a merc, then again, if you lower mobs hp it would become a quick loot pinata.
I dont see it being a prob if you do it at lv 100 tho for any class.

edit: you also might wanna consider renaming the zone, I mean jeez...can only type or speak that name out when Im drunk tbh Frown
Denzello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #29
Chrol

Developer

Looks like I missed moving those water columns in that final room over from the heroic version. They'll be in the solos in the next build or two.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:33 AM   #30
Laita

OK, just ran this zone again on the channeler since the changes..

Earthern Behemoth, required a lot less healing this time, didn't really notice any spikes in damage on me or the pally merc, just backed myself into a corner and ranged it down. I cured the trauma when it hit, so not sure if the curse still happens if it goes uncured.

Vathsis, the first time I killed him I just did a straight burn and struggled on mana towards the end. This time I switched over and killed the infused adds then got back on the name, didn't notice any particular loss of mana.

Kavis Set'ra, I still didn't notice any columns of water in the corners to swim up to the ledges on.. so again took the teleporter and cured the curse. Since I ran around looking for columns of water I aggro'd a lot of adds on the bottom. I burned and burned and basically there is a never ending supply, when one dies another takes it's place (hydra?!), not sure if this is intended or not. Additionally when I finally did teleport up to the platforms, one or two would jump up there hit me once and then disappear back down below. They should either all come up and die or deaggro once we're on the platforms Smile Once on the platforms, just dps down the shades, port back down and finish off the name.

From start to finish on my channeler with the pally merc took about 20 minutes. I like this zone.