EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Laedyin

Is there a listing I am missing for what might be in the "premium" gift bags vs. regular gift bags?  I'm not one to really care about being the first in line or necessarily want the green screen photo.  Wondering if the gift bag items are really going to be worth the extra $25 since the premium passes are sold out.

And please please please please please...remember that most people that go to Fan Faire actually FLY into Vegas and we are not able to smuggle all the groovy multitool/pocket knife items home?  They've been in there a few years now and it just goes in the trash for those of us that don't check baggage.  Can we find something else to put in there?

Laedyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
RokshNRoll

Happy Camper

Laedyinya wrote:

And please please please please please...remember that most people that go to Fan Faire actually FLY into Vegas and we are not able to smuggle all the groovy multitool/pocket knife items home?  They've been in there a few years now and it just goes in the trash for those of us that don't check baggage.  Can we find something else to put in there?

Do what I do when buying items that cant be carried onto an airplane, mail it back to your house = )... Just a thought.

RokshNRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #3
Najae

The Quiet Type

Laedyinya wrote:

Is there a listing I am missing for what might be in the "premium" gift bags vs. regular gift bags?  I'm not one to really care about being the first in line or necessarily want the green screen photo.  Wondering if the gift bag items are really going to be worth the extra $25 since the premium passes are sold out.

Hah !  I remember that last year.  It completely slipped my mind, and I had the multitool in my carryon baggage.  Needless to say, that ended up in the trash can. 

Najae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

Why should I have to try and smuggle anything back with me? I was given a few things...I paid a great price to attend the FF.I got the knife which I didnt have a problem with...I got a fan...and a pad and pen.. and other non-important stuff.

As for my gift bag I waited in line for almost 2 hours...When I got there...I got a shirt 3 times 2 big...I saw many other people going back in line and getting another gift bag ...a few people were bragging about HOW much they got...leaving others with nothing!

I hope this will be fixed in this FF.

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Mekii

Happy Camper

No matter what you decide to include or not include in the bags try to keep them the same for the specific pass levels. I understand that plat passes get more than silver and gold but ALL plat pass holders should get the same things in their bags. Last year I got my bag and it only had like 3 things in it. After talking to others and seeing what all they got I took my bag back and was given another with no problems. I talked to lots of people that all had different amounts and assortments of items leaving many feeling as though they got cheated.

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote