EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #31
beauturkey

SOE Community Council

Leko wrote:
Again I do not want the items that fan faire players got. Just some for SOE to show they give a hoot about long term players.Should I use smaller words next time?
 Well, I don't know what to tell you. If you are convinced they do not give a hoot, then stop paying them.  Just a suggestion. Beau
beauturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #32
Leko

SOE Community Council

Sandain666 wrote:
Leko wrote:
Sandain666 wrote:
Leko wrote:
Again I do not want the items that fan faire players got. Just some for SOE to show they give a hoot about long term players.Should I use smaller words next time?
From the lack of SOE response you could logically surmise that no one at SOE really cares about your crying and moaning disguised as concern for long term players.
You seem to care a whole bunch.  It's touching really.
Wether I care or not is irrelevant since I cannot do anything to address your pissant complaints. I would be interested to hear how you used logic to deduce in any of my previus statements that I care though.

You said SOE has not responed because they do not care.  By using your own logic, you clearly seem to care about this issue.

Now you may care to disagree with me but you care all the same.

Leko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #33
Sandain666

Happy Camper

Leko wrote:
Sandain666 wrote:
Leko wrote:
Sandain666 wrote:
Leko wrote:
From the lack of SOE response you could logically surmise that no one at SOE really cares about your crying and moaning disguised as concern for long term players.
You seem to care a whole bunch.  It's touching really.
Wether I care or not is irrelevant since I cannot do anything to address your pissant complaints. I would be interested to hear how you used logic to deduce in any of my previus statements that I care though.

You said SOE has not responed because they do not care.  By using your own logic, you clearly seem to care about this issue.

Now you may care to disagree with me but you care all the same.

I said you could "logically surmise" that no one at SOE cares. I never said it was a forgone conclusion. You still have yet to show the steps your thought process followed to come by the conclusion that I care about your whiny complaints to SOE.
Sandain666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #34
Leko

SOE Community Council

You really are worked up over my post. That is so funny.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #35
Sandain666

Happy Camper

Leko wrote:
You really are worked up over my post. That is so funny.
You really can't put together a coherent logical argument. That is so sad.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #36
Leko

SOE Community Council

I will gladly debate you if you are willing to stick to the topic at hand. You keep wanting to move the goal post in the topic.My OP was that is was unfair to give the FF peeps the eq and eq2 expansions as part of the Living Legacy Program because the Living Legacy Program has done nothing to address the long term players.If SOE had just said "Hey all you FF peeps get the expansions for being at the event". Then there would have not been one peep from me about it, as stated giving swag at events is the norm,  but since SOE labled it as part of the Living Legacy Program I draw umbrage from them giving away more items without addressing the long term players base.Vet rewards do not count at addressing the long term players base as they are ment to be a reward for ALL players once they have been in the game for set amounts of time.I have asked what is SOE going to do in the Living Legacy Program for the players that have stuck with them for the long haul. Right now its nothing. I would like SOE to step up and tell the long term players what they have planned for us.That is not an unresonabe request.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #37
Tharkis

Master

Um... giving fan faire attendees the expansion free was part of the fan faire promotional program NOT part of living legacy, living legacy is over.  They're two very seperate and distinct events.  Living legacy was a promotion to get back former players of eq and eq2.  Fan Faire was a convention for current SoE game players to have fun, get news, and get wined and dined (for our registration fee)  The free expansions was a nice perk, not announced before hand, of going to the fan faire.  There has always been stuff like this for fan faire and other conventions, that's part of going to a convention.
Tharkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #38
Howler31

The Quiet Type

Leko, I've been playing EQ2 since about 6 months after launch.  When I heard about the Living Legacy promotion, I thought, much as you apparently still do, that there would be something for long term players.  It turns out that the only thing us long term players got was the same thing we always got...a constantly evolving online game, with continual updates, and the chance to play with friends that we have made.

I also attended Fan Faire.  Did I expect to get the next expansions for EQ and EQ2 for free?  no.  am I glad I am?  Yes.  am I really getting them for free?  No.  I spent almost $600 just to get to Fan Faire (airfaire, hotel, and registration for FF), and does not include food, drinks, etc. that I had to pay for while I was out there.  so, lets see, here, two expansions for $600+ or two expansions for $80?  that's a no brainer.  Am I glad I went to Fan Faire?  Yes.  I learned alot about what is planned for the future of the games, as well as what cool new games are coming out.

As for new players getting a free copy of the expansion of EQ and/or EQ2 with the Living Legacy promotion, there is no such promotion.  New and returning players, who converted to a monthly subscription before their "trial" ran out got a free copy of Rise of Kunark or Secrets of Faydwer, depending on the game they were in.  Both of those games are currently out, and are used as part of the win-back program.  the only "perk" that new and returning players get towards the next expansion is, if they convert to a monthly subscription, $5.00 off the cost, if they purchase the expansion as a digital download through the station store.  So, if new and returning players convert from the "trial" to a monthly subscribtion, they get the next expansion for their respective game for $35 instead of $40.  ooh, that's big savings there, ain't it.

Howler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #39
Leko

SOE Community Council

What you paid matters not. My issue is not based around money. Pfft what you listed as spending means nothing to my bottom line. I spend that on shoes. My issue is around the lack of customer service that SOE shows its players. I know that will be a hard point to get across on the "We love everything SOE does and if I chear loud enough I might get a job at SOE one day board" but try and understand it.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #40
Calthine

SOE Community Council

Leko wrote:
What you paid matters not. My issue is not based around money. Pfft what you listed as spending means nothing to my bottom line. I spend that on shoes. My issue is around the lack of customer service that SOE shows its players. I know that will be a hard point to get across on the "We love everything SOE does and if I chear loud enough I might get a job at SOE one day board" but try and understand it.
*shrug*  Convention goers get swag.  Our swag included the next expansion.  This is pretty normal in the world. 
Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:59 AM   #41
juggies420

The Quiet Type

Leko wrote:
Since you are so rich you can make your own game and give players all the free stuff you want...there problem solved. SMILEY
juggies420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #42
Howler31

The Quiet Type

After finally getting everything unpacked and organized again, I came across a little bit of info for you Leko.  ALL Fan Faire attendees (and I mean EVERYONE who attended Fan Faire, NOT just Everquest or Everquest 2 players) are getting the free expansions to both games.  That right there makes it part of the S.W.A.G. that we got this year.  if you don't like that, then by all means send your hate-mail to SOE, but please stop blasting SOE for not giving you your little pacifier.  Either that, or just stop paying and playing.  I'm sure losing your money will be all the encouragement they need to give in to all your demands.  oh, wait, they lost only a small drop from their revenue, nevermind.

so in conclusion, either shut-up and deal with it, or just stop paying and playing.  those are your two options.  live with it or leave it.

/rant off

Take care everyone.  I'm just gonna stop reading this particular forum since apparently all this guy knows how to do is gripe, b!7ch, and complain.

Howler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #43
Sandain666

Happy Camper

Maybe SOE can follow Sprint's leadhttp://www.betanews.com/article/Spr...mers/1183667070
Old 08-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #44
beauturkey

SOE Community Council

Leko wrote:
 But see, they DID show support for thier players, and gave the expansions for free.  In everything, there is a cut-off.  They said "Hey, if you are a player, and come to Fan Faire, you get these expansions for free. Sorry, if you didn't come to Fan Faire, you do not get them for free."  How is that cutting out long term players? Just because they didn't aloow those that DIDN'T attend to get the expansions doesn't mean they gave them to no one. If every single player attended, they would have all recieved one. See, you are saying they should have given a copy to every long term player, as though what they did was unfair. But it wasn't: it was an open playing field. Those players that wanted the expansions (or that thought they might recieve anything) could have CAME TO FAN FAIRE. There are cut-off's and limits to everything.  You didn't go within the limits. You will not get the free stuff.  Beau
beauturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #45
Sleet

Happy Camper

Leko wrote: (emphasis mine)
Vet rewards do not count at addressing the long term players base as they are ment to be a reward for ALL players once they have been in the game for set amounts of time.

I fail to see your point here.  Veterans are long timers by definition.  ALL players have the potential to become long-term players and the longer you play, the more vet rewards you get.  How does this not count?

vet·er·an [vet-er-uhn, ve-truhn]  -noun 1. a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation, office, or the like: a veteran of the police force; a veteran of many sports competitions.  2. a person who has served in a military force, esp. one who has fought in a war: a Vietnam veteran.  -adjective 3. (of soldiers) having had service or experience in warfare: veteran troops.  4. experienced through long service or practice; having served for a long period: a veteran member of Congress.  5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of veterans. 
Sleet is offline   Reply With Quote