EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2006, 06:17 AM   #121
mattador

Happy Camper

i just talked to everyone in the world and they said we want to go to las vegas.  Vote for vegas its where your best friends are planning on going!  And ill be there, and ill say hi to you.
mattador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #122
Raki

The Quiet Type

I'm to stoopid to do quotes so here comes a ghetto quote.

"It just strikes me odd, and I know I am not the only one who has seen this, Denver would be trailing by upward of 80 votes and in a matter of 15-20 minutes they are in the lead by nearly 20 votes...Now i don't know what's going on, but it seems very strange, especially when I have witnessed it 2 times where it would have been very early in the morning in Denver...Like between 5:30 and 7 AM when most people who play would be asleep or going to work...I don't want to sound like I am sounding a conspiracy alarm, I just want this to be a FAIR poll..maybe the guy who said this poll wasn't a good idea was right.."

I think the poll was fine how it was originally. I think they change screwed alot of things up, therefor causing people to complain (like me. I feel nerfed). I guess I did'nt see the point of running a poll, then changing the poll after like one thousand people had voted. You cant expect everyone to know the poll was changed so you lose a ton of votes.

My suggestion would be to have 2 fan faires. One on the east coast for the east coasters, and one on the west coast for the west coasters. Its hard for people to get to one side of the country to another. Also to my knowledge a majority (like 90%? Correct me if I am wrong) of the Fan Faires have been west coast or closer to the west coast.

Raki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #123
Bunda

Happy Camper

Raki wrote:

I'm to stoopid to do quotes so here comes a ghetto quote.

"It just strikes me odd, and I know I am not the only one who has seen this, Denver would be trailing by upward of 80 votes and in a matter of 15-20 minutes they are in the lead by nearly 20 votes...Now i don't know what's going on, but it seems very strange, especially when I have witnessed it 2 times where it would have been very early in the morning in Denver...Like between 5:30 and 7 AM when most people who play would be asleep or going to work...I don't want to sound like I am sounding a conspiracy alarm, I just want this to be a FAIR poll..maybe the guy who said this poll wasn't a good idea was right.."

I think the poll was fine how it was originally. I think they change screwed alot of things up, therefor causing people to complain (like me. I feel nerfed). I guess I did'nt see the point of running a poll, then changing the poll after like one thousand people had voted. You cant expect everyone to know the poll was changed so you lose a ton of votes.

My suggestion would be to have 2 fan faires. One on the east coast for the east coasters, and one on the west coast for the west coasters. Its hard for people to get to one side of the country to another. Also to my knowledge a majority (like 90%? Correct me if I am wrong) of the Fan Faires have been west coast or closer to the west coast.

You are quite right actually. Before 2005 SOE did indeed hold 2 fan faires per year, one in the spring and one in the fall, generally the spring was west coast and the the fall was in the east. I can see why everyone here appears so desperate to hold the Fan Faire in their city sonce there is now only one per year and it costs a lot of money to travel anywhere...SOE Should bring back 2 shows a year, it would help to eliminate the bickering and they would still have plenty of people to attend. No, actually the events have been about 50/50 east/west but you have to remember that they use the Mississippi river as the dividing point, not the coast lines..SO shows in teh midwest were considered east coast. How about it Ashlanne, could we go back to 2 shows a year??
Bunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #124
Jad

How many of you that prefer Denver and Orlando would still go to FF if it is in Vegas? I prefer Vegas and will only go if it is in Vegas. I like the fan faire activities, but not all of them.

The idea I get to catch a show, gamble, see the rest of the sites and play in Vegas with my guild mates across the globe is what sells me on going. Also there is no substitute for a 24 hour city. Denver and Orlando I would have to pass.

Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #125
Ber

Raki wrote:

You speak good words /notworthy

SMILEY

Ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #126
Dibbl

Jaden wrote:

How many of you that prefer Denver and Orlando would still go to FF if it is in Vegas? I prefer Vegas and will only go if it is in Vegas. I like the fan faire activities, but not all of them.

The idea I get to catch a show, gamble, see the rest of the sites and play in Vegas with my guild mates across the globe is what sells me on going. Also there is no substitute for a 24 hour city. Denver and Orlando I would have to pass.

Orlando is the only place that will get me this year. I have done 3 that I either had to drive across multiple states or fly to (including Vegas) and it is just not worth it this year. Vegas is okay to do, but having seen all the shows I want to see I am done with Vegas for a few years.

/mourn. Will miss seeing the Fan Faire folks.

- Dibbler

Dibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #127
Bunda

Happy Camper

What the heck is up with the vote count? There is NO way that 500 more votes were cast for each side in just a matter of 2 hours or so.....I am calling shenanigans...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #128
Vita_Asham

Obviously, this poll has become a joke.  1,000 votes cast in a little more than an hour?  and teh voting is within "3" votes?  impossible odds.  I for one think that this is a been made into a game.  Orlando is the only place i will go for Fan Faire, or perhaps Vegas, but this voting is just a freaking joke.

Vita_Asham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #129
EqTinker

What I have noticed is that as long as I keep my browser open and hit refresh, it doesnt refresh the vote counts correctly.  If I close it and then reopen the browser then it appears to show the correct updated totals.  Not sure if it is only on my browser not refreshing properly or just a bug. 
EqTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #130
Bunda

Happy Camper

I have my browser set up to refresh this page every 5 minutes, its not a refresh issue...it looks like someone has found a voting exploit....even creating "ghost" accounts cant make up that many votes that quickly...
Old 08-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #131
Killinga

Ok, I give up. This has gotten ridiculous. Just end the poll and draw straws, throw a dart at a map while blindfolded or something but I'm calling foul on these Denver & Vegas votes lately. People keep talking about where Denver votes come from suddenly to keep it withing 10 votes but if Dener is ahead then Vegas gets votes to withing 10. Then suddenly both get over 500 votes and again withing 10 seperate the 2??? BTW What was wrong with the original poll?
Killinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #132
Bunda

Happy Camper

the same thing was going on with the original poll too, just not so pronounced because there were many more choices..I beleive there is a post here poiting out the pitfalls of chosing the location via poll. I think the selection has really become cut throat since SOE started having only one fan faire a year....I know I won't go to Denver because it's in March and I am not using my vacation to go from one cold climate to another...PLUS Vegas is much less expensive overall..