EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #31
ocam

Happy Camper

Well, from this former Denverite, I want you all to know if Denver does win the weather will probably be less than desirable. Denver is a very nice city, but I think you will all be a bit dissapointed in March. Hope to see you all whereever the final location may be...
ocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #32
Olavf_of_Guk

Happy Camper

Teyener wrote:

There goes that Denver "push" from 50 to 90+ in a few hours. Let's go for a third recount & One vote per IP please.

Cant do it like that either, Dial up users get a new IP every time they dial in, People can just go to their local school or Library and use their computers to vote on, OR in my case I share a wireless connection with another player who is my neighbor, (we share the cost of one connection). My wife has an account and so does his wife, so that would be 3 players with legitimate accounts that couldn't vote. There is no way to do this completely fair...SO they are doing it the best way they know how...
Olavf_of_Guk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #33
angelk

You know I really don't care where wins this poll cause either way I will be sitting in the nice florida sun enjoying myself. It would be nice however to have FF in florida for a change. Everything happens on the west coast and us east coast people always have to travel if we want to go. So for a change it would be nice for us east coasters not to travel as far.
angelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #34
Teyen

angelkis wrote:
You know I really don't care where wins this poll cause either way I will be sitting in the nice florida sun enjoying myself. It would be nice however to have FF in florida for a change. Everything happens on the west coast and us east coast people always have to travel if we want to go. So for a change it would be nice for us east coasters not to travel as far.
I'll join ya at the theme parks!
Teyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #35
flawhatever

The Quiet Type

EqTinkerer wrote:

That is all 2004 data, I was showing this years data for Orlando, but if you want to show that then look at Orlando compared to Denver with your statistics

http://lasvegas.areaconnect.com/cri...lando&s2=FL

Orlando looks alot higher than Denver for 2004 in [Removed for Content], robbery, assault, burglary, and theft.

http://lasvegas.areaconnect.com/cri...lando&s2=FL

Orlando looks alot higher than Las Vegas for 2004 in [Removed for Content], robbery, assault, burglary, and theft as well.

Now you want to include the other stats because murder doesn't quite make your point anymore huh? Orlando is at 37 murders (a high rate for that area) which you were proudly shouting about while the 2 cities you are pushing have higher murder counts which didn't get included in your post for some reason. Just pointing out how convenient it is for some folks to bash a perfectly fine city for something all cities have problems with. Don't care which city wins, I will be there. All 3 are great and will do a wonderful job at hosting the event.

Largo Fla

Wardogs

Oasis

flawhatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
flawhatever

The Quiet Type

Teyener wrote:

There goes that Denver "push" from 50 to 90+ in a few hours. Let's go for a third recount & One vote per IP please.

Hahaha, you really think there is a plot to get the FF in Denver? 40 people couldn't possibly have voted in a "few hours". This world-wide web thingie would have imploded from all the traffic for sure. If someone has more than one account, I say let them vote. And so does SOE. Keep the conspiracy theories coming though. You and Olaf need to write some crime thrillers. They'd make millions.

Largo Fla

Wardogs

Oasis

Old 08-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #37
Olavf_of_Guk

Happy Camper

Actually Flaw I voted with all 5 of my accounts in about 5 minutes so i think 40 votes in an hour is quite doable.Now i would kindly ask you to not include me in your pathtic childish insults. Ashlanne please ask this person to refrain from personal attacks.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:29 PM   #38
flawhatever

The Quiet Type

Olavf_of_Guk wrote:
Actually Flaw I voted with all 5 of my accounts in about 5 minutes so i think 40 votes in an hour is quite doable.Now i would kindly ask you to not include me in your pathtic childish insults. Ashlanne please ask this person to refrain from personal attacks.

Sorry Olaf, it was sarcasm and not intended to insult. My apologies of course. I KNOW that the votes are more than possible. I was making light of Teyener's comment on the "push" in Denver votes. Now I didn't say it was a good joke but it was only meant in jest. Again, no insult intended to either of you. I through myself on the mercy of the court.

Largo Fla

Wardogs

Oasis

Old 08-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #39
MistAir

Denver in march?

Orlando during spring break?

Vegas in summer when I'm chilling in orlando with family anyway...

I have to go with orlando!

MistAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:26 AM   #40
MistAir

ok, so maybe i dont care where it is but i am not there unless it's in orlando which is where the rest of the anit-eq2 clan wants to go
MistAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 AM   #41
Pa

great, another "whats the rest of the world" event....

like the movie contest...

or like restuss... never happened on europe servers.

Anybody of SOE got told theres life on the other side? (of the ocean?)

greetings from the "old" world

may some remember where the movies were made/filmed... sigh

Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:19 AM   #42
JR

I would like to see it held in the Northeast for a change then I would be able to go atleast one time..
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #43
TemptingFait

The Quiet Type

Teyener wrote:
angelkis wrote:
I'll join ya at the theme parks!

Ummmm excuse me??? Atlanta isn't that far from Florida, many kids drive to Fl from Atlanta for spring break, so your "everything happens on the west coast" is incorrect, I flew to Atlanta from Pheonix last year, I'd prefer to be closer to home this year. 

Been to 7 of these, and will have to pass if it goes to Orlando or Denver (can't chance my flying dollars on getting snowed out, can't chance getting snowed in) and there's NO way I'm going to go to Florida where it's so humid I wouldn't be able to breathe.

Tempting Fait

Drinal 

TemptingFait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #44
Olavf_of_Guk

Happy Camper

Actually my wife and I honeymooned in Orlando last March and the weather was wonderful. Low humidity, warm days and the nights were cool, but shorts were OK. I can understand being worried about being snowed in or out, especially in Denver. I live somewhere where it could stil snow in March as well so Denver for me would be a double chance I probably will not take. I don't want to lose my money on plane fare for a trip that gets snowed out, and I surely don't want to have to call my boss and tell him I am snowed in in Denver... I will go to Orlando if they happen to win, but Las Vegas is my choice. There is something to do for everyone plus the weather is great, and it save us at least $500 in plane fare savings and less expensive hotels...
Old 08-14-2006, 01:16 PM   #45
Sqig

I had to miss the last Fan Faire because it was on the east coast, not that that is bad, it's not, I really would have liked to see Atlanta, never been there, but I live in California, and between the airfare, hotel, FF Ticket, and car rental, would have cost me like $1000...

I can afford to drive to Las Vegas though so I am hoping it is there, we had lots of fun the last couple times they had it there SMILEY

Wait... how much is gas again? haha :p

Sqigmond da Troll

Sqig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #46
Ashlanne

Project Manager

I am really close to start banning users from this forum.  Please vote for your favorite city do not bicker about it, there aren't any conspiracy theories...
Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #47
Bean

Go Denver!! ^_^
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #48
Perzephone

Happy Camper

GO VEGAS! SMILEY WOOT!!!! It's in the lead YAHOOO!
Perzephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #49
Ber

Orlando FTW! SMILEY

/agree with angel b/c she has younger sibs

Ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:57 PM   #50
Bayamos

The Quiet Type

Vegas Baby!
Bayamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:54 AM   #51
De

Just my 2cp worth on my first post to the forums....

Being a native of Colorado - the March dates will not be the warmest, but also not the coldest.  We usually get our heavy snowfalls that time of year....  More of a cultural exploration during the day (museums, zoos, tours) all within walking distance or "free" transportation from downtown.  At night, well.. nightlife...bars/dance clubs, sport venues, theater, movies, bowling, etc...all within walking distance of dowtown...chance of being snowed in is slim to nill...the snows are heavy in March but the streets are always dry the next day...the only disadvantage I see is the trip from the airport to downtown...some what of a distance...

I'm extremely excited for Vegas.  Always a fun town!  Never been to Orlando, but with spring break..yeah...could be loads of fun to!  I agree we should look into the northeast, a trip to Salem would be fun!

voted for Denver, rooting for Vegas and curiously interested for Orlando...all in all.. hope to meet you soon!

Dev

De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:58 AM   #52
Detri

I vote Orlando. There is so much stuff to do in Orlando it's not funny. Ignore the guy giving crime statistics. Universal Studios his killer parks. Disney has nice parks and nightlife. Bars, clubs, museums, ocean, camping. If it's in Orlando I'll definately go. If it's not then I can't go. Everyone Vote Orlando. Also the weather should be nice, it's Florida. I had to wear a thick jacket for a total of a Week I think.
Detri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:08 AM   #53
Pa

Ashlanne wrote:
I am really close to start banning users from this forum.  Please vote for your favorite city do not bicker about it, there aren't any conspiracy theories...

I`d like to vote... as soon as SOE remembers there are fans outside US, so its possible to reach the city for less than 2000€.SMILEY

So, how about a fan faire in europe?SMILEY serious question!!!

Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #54
Greenion

Happy Camper

Orlando is one fun town, there is literally every tourist gimmick available...

my kids have all gone there and survived several times....for those worried about safety...

Mickey Mouse does regular patrols with the keystone cops...its totally safe...

and how could you not want to do disney with your favorite soe staffer?

of course Busch Gardens in Tampa is the place for the free beer though.

Greenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #55
Olavf_of_Guk

Happy Camper

There is free beer at Sea World too (AB owns it so they have a beer garden there) it appears SOE doesn't own the rights to Fan Faire Europe so they have nothing to do with holding one there Heavy snow in Denver in March...Sure the streets of Denver may be cleared, but Snow storms don't say Lets snow on Denver...they are usually regional, so if Denver gets a big snow, theres a good chance that several cities east of there would too...SO peole might not be able to get TO Denver..I do't know about you, but I don't want to spend nearly $800 for 2 plane tickets and not be able to get there...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #56
roadwarri

Hello Everyone i just wanted to say i had fun at this years fanfaire 2006. That was my very first fanfaire and like i said before i had a blast. I can wait for next years fanfaire i hope its in Vegas though i never been to Vegas so this will be a new experience for so let go Vegas.
roadwarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #57
Wyora_Troublemak

Had to vote for Vegas, but I'm happy to see Denver in second place, its a fun city with lots to do.  I'd be happy at either location, but won't attend if it ends up in Orlando.
Wyora_Troublemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:44 PM   #58
Tharkis

Master

Having been to many many fan faires, Vegas is the best location !  Wicked cheap from anywhere in the US, and even 'relativly' cheap outside the US due to package deals and such, TONS to do, and the best bars, yay quarks !

I live in the north east, and I really dont want to go to denver in the snowy season... when i would want to escape snow in new england, and orlando is just wicked expensive to do ANYTHING particualrly around spring break. 

Hope vegas wins ! =)

Tharkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #59
EvilTw

Yay vegas !
EvilTw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #60
Nanyea

Happy Camper

love vegas SMILEY love quarks!
Nanyea is offline   Reply With Quote