EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Hello Everyone,

The Poll has been running for almost 3 whole weeks.  Since Orlando, Denver and Las Vegas are dominating the vote we decided to run a new poll with just those 3 cities for the next 2 weeks.  The poll will shut down on August 25th.

Thank you for your assistance in the other poll we hope that you will be of further assistance and vote in this poll so we can pick a final destination for the 2007 Fan Faire!

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Ashlanne

Project Manager

We do ask that you leave the bickering out of this thread it's everyone's right to choose the city of their choice.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Ta

Thanks Ashlanne! We'll be good SMILEY
Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
Talli

Sooo hard to choose!!! i like all three of those cities.  Lived in two of them.  But one of the dates is the b-day of a good friend who will possiably be going to FF also.  So there goes my vote too.
Talli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
Lool

Tallika wrote:
Sooo hard to choose!!! i like all three of those cities.  Lived in two of them.  But one of the dates is the b-day of a good friend who will possiably be going to FF also.  So there goes my vote too.
Which friend is that Talli?  SMILEY
Lool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
Mr

Wow - timing is really bad but maybe I'll go to Vegas with you guys.

Going *back* to work immediately after a fan faire, though, sounds nearly impossible.

MrrX's Character Journal

Mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
Talli

Loolee wrote:
Tallika wrote:
This four-legged dude with a long tongue and big ears who will probably hump my leg when we all go over to Quarks and get drunk...SMILEY
Talli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #8
Greenion

Happy Camper

i would like everyone to note that the pirates of the caribbean ride has newly been revamped....

and tha i voted for orlando...

Greenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
Sassums

Lord of the Forums

I had to vote for Orlando, although Vegas is winning SMILEY  But if Vegas wins, I can travel out there.

**Cheers**

Sassums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #10
Lool

Tallika wrote:
Loolee wrote:
Tallika wrote:
This four-legged dude with a long tongue and big ears who will probably hump my leg when we all go over to Quarks and get drunk...SMILEY
OOooooh!  That friend!  I like him!
Lool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #11
Zob

Denver FTW!!!
Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
Sna

All I care is that orlando loses, looking good!
Sna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
Sassums

Lord of the Forums

LOL, we are so friendly here.... SMILEY
Sassums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #14
angelk

I would like to see Orlando win. If I could make it out to Vegas I would say no problem, but having a new baby would make going to Vegas a bit far. But from the looks of it I won't be going. SMILEY
angelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #15
Beld

Viva Las Vegas! =)
Beld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #16
Leko

SOE Community Council

Orlando FTW
Leko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 AM   #17
Lalaminu

The Quiet Type

Vegas would be sweet =) I havent been there in many years. Would be nice to go back and see what all has popped up there and see the new places.

Star Trek is a must!!!

Lalaminu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:20 AM   #18
Senda

Orlando ftw!! and yes the theme parks here rock!
Senda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #19
Trepan_the_R

There are no links on any of the websites to this poll, people are still voting in the other forum and Denver is still on top as it should be! What is the point of this poll? SMILEY
Trepan_the_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:52 AM   #20
SlashDaGutt

Well, looking at results so far I won't be going to Fan Faire again next year.
SlashDaGutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #21
Teyen

Trepan_the_Rat wrote:
There are no links on any of the websites to this poll, people are still voting in the other forum and Denver is still on top as it should be! What is the point of this poll? SMILEY
Amazing how Denver got 30 votes in like five hours on that other poll.  They should limit the votes one per IP.
Teyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #22
Saign

Teyener, that is because we Denver folks would really like to see one out here.  Every year it seems it mostly goes to Vegas and I'm voting for my hometown for a little change of scenery.  I know about 15 peeps out here who play EQ and contacted all of them to go vote, and for them to get anyone else to vote for Denver as well.  It's that simple.
Saign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #23
FreedimSh

[Removed for Content] US centric company - London please, thats in the UK !
FreedimSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #24
EqTinker

I hope Denver wins, if not then Las Vegas is my second choice. 

If you havent heard, Orlando has its highest murder rate in its history this year. 

http://feeds.fortlauderdalenews.net...a875450&f=1

EqTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #25
Teyen

There goes that Denver "push" from 50 to 90+ in a few hours. Let's go for a third recount & One vote per IP please.

Teyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #26
Sham

Orlando or bust for me!

would love to do vegas and go to the star trek experiance but i dont think i can afford it

Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #27
seidian_daiki

Vote Vegas ! Why you ask. Because The most people can afford to fly to vegas , Ever look up flights to denver? Best room rates Vegas ... Denver BAH.... I my self think Most people can afford Vegas Flight rates , room rates ... Vegas was built for Tourist.... thus many more from guilds all over the states have a better chance to make it there than any where else.  I feel that everyone reallly wants the biggest turn out to meet and party with as many peeps as possible , Vegas seems the better choice for that.
seidian_daiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #28
Jacko

I had to vote for Denver for a couple  reasons..

1) Have been to two FF in Vegas, yes had a blast both time but would like to go somewhere new. Also went to the one in New Orleans and Atlanta. If FF wasnt in New Orleans or Atlanta  I would have never gone to either places. Was an experiance to go to both places and see how great they both are. Since those two places were great figured experiance Denver would be great also

2) Orlando trip will cost me an arm and a leg since I'm on the west coast and Denver isn't to far.

Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #29
flawhatever

The Quiet Type

EqTinkerer wrote:

I hope Denver wins, if not then Las Vegas is my second choice. 

If you havent heard, Orlando has its highest murder rate in its history this year. 

http://feeds.fortlauderdalenews.net...a875450&f=1

That is hilarious EqTinkerer! Want to see how to really play the "misinformation game"? Lets take a look at Denver's murder situation, shall we?

http://www.walterindenver.com/archives/001030.html

Wow! Would you look at that? 37 in Orlando doesn't look so bad when you look at the ENTIRE picture and not just select the headlines that fit your arguement.

Here's a look at the Denver and Las Vegas crime situation.

http://lasvegas.areaconnect.com/cri...Vegas&s2=NV

Everywhere has crime. Using crime stats to try and scare people away from voting for a certain city is quite an underhanded trick in my opinion. "Someone" (won't name names but you can look it up in the thread that is still up) was saying the same stuff about Atlanta during the vote last year. Crying gloom and doom about SOE being on the hook when someone gets offed at the FF2006. The fanfaire went off perfectly and I didn't hear of any crimes committed against the attendees.

If you want Denver to win then vote for them and try to refrain from taking potshots at the other cities. They are all great locations for the FF or we wouldn't be deciding between them.

Largo Fla

flawhatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #30
EqTinker

That is all 2004 data, I was showing this years data for Orlando, but if you want to show that then look at Orlando compared to Denver with your statistics

http://lasvegas.areaconnect.com/cri...lando&s2=FL

Orlando looks alot higher than Denver for 2004 in [Removed for Content], robbery, assault, burglary, and theft.

http://lasvegas.areaconnect.com/cri...lando&s2=FL

Orlando looks alot higher than Las Vegas for 2004 in [Removed for Content], robbery, assault, burglary, and theft as well.

EqTinker is offline   Reply With Quote