EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

Please May we have a Fuel supply depot for our homes?

Please and Thank you,

~Avianna

Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Meirril

Loremaster

Starting this again?

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Grumble69

Loremaster

Why not?  It's a good idea.  And I'd love to see the personal harvest depot be expanded as well.  I've got 2 areas I craft:

1. Guild Hall -- primarily for faction,

2. A centralized home.  It has all my researchers.  It's also where I manage all my crafted items I put on the market.

...it just gets old keeping stacks of fuels in all my crafter's bags.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
wullailhuit

Loremaster

Grumble69 wrote:

Why not?  It's a good idea.  And I'd love to see the personal harvest depot be expanded as well.  I've got 2 areas I craft:

1. Guild Hall -- primarily for faction,

2. A centralized home.  It has all my researchers.  It's also where I manage all my crafted items I put on the market.

...it just gets old keeping stacks of fuels in all my crafter's bags.

I Stick all the stacks of fuels in 1 of my placed broker boxes at just above vendor price , all my chars can buy them from within the house when needed and the owner can just remove what they need.....I've even had some people buy them off the broker giving me a small profit.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Right click the door and access your house vault, then stack fuels/materials there.  I simply put the largest possible crate in each slot of the house vault.  Each toon has its own house vault (assuming it has a house), and these can be accessed by that toon from any house or guildhall.

Since I first got a crafting station in my house, this is how I've handled fuels and materials.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
d1anaw

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Right click the door and access your house vault, then stack fuels/materials there.  I simply put the largest possible crate in each slot of the house vault.  Each toon has its own house vault (assuming it has a house), and these can be accessed by that toon from any house or guildhall.

Since I first got a crafting station in my house, this is how I've handled fuels and materials.

Yeah, we can do that. You can also stick them in a vendor box and put a marketplace board near the machines. But why not have a depot that automatically uses them like the harvestables and have it also store things like dought and liquid, etc? No one is saying YOU have to have one, but why not make it available for those who want it? Whose it hurting?

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
Meirril

Loremaster

d1anaw wrote:

Yeah, we can do that. You can also stick them in a vendor box and put a marketplace board near the machines. But why not have a depot that automatically uses them like the harvestables and have it also store things like dought and liquid, etc? No one is saying YOU have to have one, but why not make it available for those who want it? Whose it hurting?

Counter question: who is it helping? Or more to the point, how much demand is there for such a thing?

If it was going to be done, why just a storage box? Why not a personal vendor? Just add it to the crafting faction vendor for each city, or as a tinkered recipe. I'd personally perfer the faction vendor as it makes more sense. It would make even more sense if the NPC added to the rent for a house it was placed in. You know, pay them by the week to just sit in your house.

After all, we pay the wholeseller to just sit in a guild hall. Why not a house?

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
SlashnGut

Loremaster

Who is it helping? There are a lot of people who solely craft and many who craft and adventure that do their crafting in their homes. Yes there are ways around a fuel depot for homes and for those who don't care either way those are fine. Some of us would like to not have to use a workaround for something that is really not that hard to implement. Personally I have 18 apprentices in my main's home, plus I do my regular crafting there many times, and would love to have a fuel depot as it would make it much simpler to craft without having to carry a ton of fuel on me or fill up my storage slots.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Katz

Loremaster

I've often thought that it would be cool if they would give our apprentices additional "jobs" like selling fuel.   

It isn't that hard to zone to the guild hall to buy fuel, but since I randomly get a disconnect when I zone which takes several minutes to finish disconnecting and then allowing me to log back in with the same character, anything that cuts down on zoning is great.

Edit: spelling, as usual.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
d1anaw

Loremaster

Meirril wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

Counter question: who is it helping? Or more to the point, how much demand is there for such a thing?

If it was going to be done, why just a storage box? Why not a personal vendor? Just add it to the crafting faction vendor for each city, or as a tinkered recipe. I'd personally perfer the faction vendor as it makes more sense. It would make even more sense if the NPC added to the rent for a house it was placed in. You know, pay them by the week to just sit in your house.

After all, we pay the wholeseller to just sit in a guild hall. Why not a house?

Obviously some people at least feel it would be helpful or they would not have asked. But you didn't answer the question of who it would be hruting.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Please May we have a Fuel supply depot for our homes?

Please and Thank you,

~Avianna

Lets just wise up on this one.

Just remove fuel entirely and have coin cost on the window.   Cause thats all fuel is, an alternate currency that always trades 1:1 back to coin.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
tkia

Tester

d1anaw wrote:

No one is saying YOU have to have one, but why not make it available for those who want it? Whose it hurting?

Everybody that uses the database that has to hold all the new rows needed by all the new boxes that everybody will be using ... so, I guess that's everybody?

And when they cave in and give you that, somebody will start shouting for yet another new toy that adds a substantial number of new rows to the database.  Where is it supposed to end?

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
d1anaw

Loremaster

tkia wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

No one is saying YOU have to have one, but why not make it available for those who want it? Whose it hurting?

Everybody that uses the database that has to hold all the new rows needed by all the new boxes that everybody will be using ... so, I guess that's everybody?

And when they cave in and give you that, somebody will start shouting for yet another new toy that adds a substantial number of new rows to the database.  Where is it supposed to end?

So no one should ask for or get anything you don't consider important. Well alrighty then, I guess that answers that question. We should all check with you before asking for something. Got it.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
Filly67

Loremaster

Yes, fuel can be stored lots of different ways but the added feature that would make a home or guild fuel depot awesome is that you could auto consume the same way that you can from a guild harvest depot.  Buy as much fuel as you wanted, stick it in the box and consume as needed.  Having your personal home harvest depot with the same feature would be wonderful.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
Katz

Loremaster

tkia wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

The apprentices could sell the fuel which would eliminate your too many boxes complaint.

I like Atan's suggestion also.  It would eliminate both the problem of storing fuel and the database issues you mention. I fear however, it would be a big undertaking revamping all the recipes.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Avianna

Loremaster

Atlan's idea is a great idea however it kinda takes away some of the lore that there is a cost rather than fuel to craft something...., the apprentices selling fuel is a great idea, the fuel suppy depot is a great idea, there are many great ideas being tossed around here. But I am tired of my bags and house vault being filled with fuels I cant tell you how many times I have gone to my door and closed it too hard and one of my bags fell out of my vault spilling coal all over my beautiful white carpet... SMILEY

Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
Katz

Loremaster

That's why I don't like white carpets. 

Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #18
Avianna

Loremaster

Dev's? I am gonna resurect this old post to ask again, PLEASE! Fuel depot for our homes PLEASE!

Thank you,

~Avi

Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

tkia wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

^ This.

And to echo another comment: This again? We went through this last year. Here we are again, recycling the same bad ideas. There's no telling what will happen if they try to get another box in the house. Adding a vendor or some amenity that increases rent is easily countered by all the coin and status reduction furniture. You would also be putting rent on prestige houses, which may or may not cause problems. There's reallly no good reason to add a fuel amenity to the home, as you're never more than a zone away from a fuel vendor. If your house is published, you could even make it so you pop-out right next to the desired vendor. There are other good alternatives in this thread and they don't put us at risk for any kind of house bug.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Atlan's idea is a great idea however it kinda takes away some of the lore that there is a cost rather than fuel to craft something...., the apprentices selling fuel is a great idea, the fuel suppy depot is a great idea, there are many great ideas being tossed around here. But I am tired of my bags and house vault being filled with fuels I cant tell you how many times I have gone to my door and closed it too hard and one of my bags fell out of my vault spilling coal all over my beautiful white carpet...

One of the bonuses of Atan's idea is that many, many dupes that have been abused in this game are related to fuels.

I hate carrying around 6 different coals so I can make something if I need to,  coin would be so much simpler.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
General_Info

Lord

Ulrichvon wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Atlan's idea is a great idea however it kinda takes away some of the lore that there is a cost rather than fuel to craft something...., the apprentices selling fuel is a great idea, the fuel suppy depot is a great idea, there are many great ideas being tossed around here. But I am tired of my bags and house vault being filled with fuels I cant tell you how many times I have gone to my door and closed it too hard and one of my bags fell out of my vault spilling coal all over my beautiful white carpet...

One of the bonuses of Atan's idea is that many, many dupes that have been abused in this game are related to fuels.

I hate carrying around 6 different coals so I can make something if I need to,  coin would be so much simpler.

It may sound simple but we dont know how coin relates ingame compared to fuel and mats. i think ti would be far easier to consolidate all fuels of a type into one item and then increase the stack size and adjust the price so making an item after the change that used to use 5 etheral coals still costs 5gworth of coal per combine.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
Deveryn

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

It may sound simple but we dont know how coin relates ingame compared to fuel and mats. i think ti would be far easier to consolidate all fuels of a type into one item and then increase the stack size and adjust the price so making an item after the change that used to use 5 etheral coals still costs 5gworth of coal per combine.

All of those ideas involve changing the entire database of 30,000+ recipes. It could be simple. It could also turn into a nightmare. Let's just leave well enough alone. It ain't broke and it don't need fixin'.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

All of those ideas involve changing the entire database of 30,000+ recipes. It could be simple. It could also turn into a nightmare. Let's just leave well enough alone. It ain't broke and it don't need fixin'.

Not necesarily...  they could leave fuel on the recipe, but have the craft window do an on the fly conversion of coin to fuel, thus cutting out the middle man.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
Avianna

Loremaster

Or they can simply add a box we can store fuels in that works like the supply depot and we can buy our fuels like we do now and craft our recipies like we do now, and nothing changes other than the convienience of the people who like to craft in their homes. Especially for the player who has 18 apprentices working and does the quest everyday from a central home.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #25
Deveryn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Or they can simply add a box we can store fuels in that works like the supply depot and we can buy our fuels like we do now and craft our recipies like we do now, and nothing changes other than the convienience of the people who like to craft in their homes. Especially for the player who has 18 apprentices working and does the quest everyday from a central home.

I've done the apprentice thing just about everyday with 9 toons. Once a month or every other month, I go out to buy fuel, as I only keep one stack handy. I have plenty of room for more. The situation you've created for yourself is one that would seem to be very rare in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to have easier access to fuel, but to expect them to implement a change like this for the convenience of a handful of people is asking a bit much.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix

Loremaster

You do realize as well, you can make as many of the different items as you want, then turn them in when that quest item comes up, right?  This means you can craft in your guild hall for a months worth, especially if that toon does nothing but the quest, then turn each item in the day it's due.  And from what my husband says, you can even store the items in your bank, and the apprentice takes it from there.  This just means that you don't have to worry about it.  I personally just pay for 64 fuel, make a bunch of the item of the day, then turn in the item.  I rinse and repeat for that day, on each toon that doesn't have one of the item, and this leaves me free for a couple months.  With a staggered schedule for 15 toons, I rarely have more than one toon that needs an item made, and when I do, it takes only a few minutes to make enough to hold him/her for months.

As for the original question, I really don't see what the difficulty is with the current guild harvest box size is.  I've got one, with every common harvest for every tier, including all of the provy harvests.  And yes, this does include at least one of the harvests from the expansion zones, t9 and t10.  We also have the current version of all the tiers imbue harvests.  We DO NOT have the holiday or rare harvests, nor any special harvests such as the items for the mirrors.  This is something that we expect our members to provide for themselves, or you could perhaps have a special tab in the guild bank for such items.  Perhaps people just need to clean out the harvest box and make sure there aren't original eq2 harvests that have been duplicated, and don't stack with the current item?  I know that happens, because I have a partial stack of 2 different rare lumbers that don't stack with the current lumbers.  There were also the old imbue items, so perhaps just remove the current version, and let the old items get used up.  Then replace with the current version, which then stacks with any newly placed harvests.  There are also old items that aren't used any longer, such as pepper (an old t1 rare that was never implemented in-game, but was a harvest for a while).

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix

Loremaster

Oh, and a side note, for a brief period, the devs had implemented rare item drops that were things like oak table legs and such.  I remember, because I gave someone my oak leg, not knowing it was a rare, and kicked myself a few days later when it was explained to me.  I'd make sure to check for that, because I don't believe that kind of thing even stacked with itself, and may still have been able to go into the harvest depot.  I'm not sure, but it's worth checking.  They stopped using that practice tho, because others were also giving away those rares without knowing, and then kicking up a huge fuss when they realized what they had lost out on.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
StrainAsylum

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Who is it helping? There are a lot of people who solely craft and many who craft and adventure that do their crafting in their homes. Yes there are ways around a fuel depot for homes and for those who don't care either way those are fine. Some of us would like to not have to use a workaround for something that is really not that hard to implement. Personally I have 18 apprentices in my main's home, plus I do my regular crafting there many times, and would love to have a fuel depot as it would make it much simpler to craft without having to carry a ton of fuel on me or fill up my storage slots.

StrainAsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #29
StrainAsylum

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

I think it's a great idea to have a fuel vendor NPC that we could buy with faction - or questable.  Or an auto supply type depot like the GH resource depot but for personal homes.

I have a "nexus" for my researchers, also, and craft there often.  Even though the GH is just a click away, it's more convenient to do it on-site, since my home portals are in the nexus.  And a LARGER personal resource depot would be great - esp with auto-supply (like the GH depots).

StrainAsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #30
Avianna

Loremaster

DEVS? OH DEVS? Do I get my wish? Can we have a fuel supply depot with the expansion? I will have a house warming party at my house on Butcherblock where my provisioner will happily make milk and cookies for all of you.

PBBBWEEEEEZZZE Eddie! You gotta hewp me!

Thank you,

~Avi