EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Bethany

Loremaster

Hiya folks,

I'm looking to create one of these two classes, i'll be purely solo questing/grinding and nothing else, no raiding/grouping of any kind. Which of these two will give me an easier time of it?

Thanks!

Bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

both are heavy gear relient but the ranger will have most mobs dead before they get in range... barring the mob decides to randomly teleport to your spot.

EDIT: that's just personal opinion, i'm ranger bias

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Elf_Queen

Loremaster

I've never played a ranger but swashie's are decent soloers, they have really good AOE damage which helps when you have more then one mob, they dont have a lot of rear attacks but if you do they have an AA which switches the mobs direction so you can get them off solo, and a stun so you shouldn't have issues getting the rear attack off. Make sure you use vitality breech potions and they also can get an AA for feign death which comes in handy if you're purely soloing.

I'd say that brigs are better soloers for single targets just because of the massive debuffs and directional CA's/stuns however I struggled more with group encounters.

Elf_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
Eugam

Loremaster

Bethany wrote:

Hiya folks,

I'm looking to create one of these two classes, i'll be purely solo questing/grinding and nothing else, no raiding/grouping of any kind. Which of these two will give me an easier time of it?

Thanks!

Most probably the swashy when it comes to solo gameplay.

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
Perrigrin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: The Shire

Loremaster

Besides my Bruiser, my Swashy has been the easiest toon I have to solo on. (Keep in mind I am Swashy biased, much like the Ranger up there ^ hehe). They've got great dps, both aoe and single target. It is possible to build a decent solo/defensive spec, though your best bet is to go straight up DPS.

Perrigrin Tinkertock
92 Gnome Swashbuckler

Taeryyn Laethelyyn
92 High Elf Illusionist
Perrigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Jemoo
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Faydarks Legion

Loremaster

I love my ranger, but I'd say a swashy is better for soloing while leveling up. I can destroy most mobs before they get to me, but that's at 90. I always had a hard time doing so while leveling. The swashy on the other hand is more defensive than a ranger, can pretty much stun lock a mob while you dps it down, and has much better close melee dps when the mob get's close (With monster aoe dps if you get extras).