EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #31
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Morghus wrote:

I don't see resetting to 0 as a viable option, I think too many people would be upset about their work being made worthless.

I helped a lot yesterday evening and today on Everfrost and would not shed a single tear if it were reset to 0%. Overall more people would likely be happy then not.

That said, I also agree that those players present when the spire nameds went down on AB and FP deserve their token reward.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #32
Morghus

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Morghus wrote:

I don't see resetting to 0 as a viable option, I think too many people would be upset about their work being made worthless.

I helped a lot yesterday evening and today on Everfrost and would not shed a single tear if it were reset to 0%. Overall more people would likely be happy then not.

That said, I also agree that those players present when the spire nameds went down on AB and FP deserve their token reward.

Can you say that for certain though? I mean, I wouldn't really mind much either...but I am not about to pretend that us forum-goers represent anywhere near the majority.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #33
Kamimura

Loremaster

I really, really hope this event lasts longer than a day or two when it is brought back up. Could we see this slowed down? A week would be great, and more people would be able to actually participate then. :/ This event has been a real disapointment all around, especially compaired to some of the other great world events we've had. It would be nice to see it cleaned up a bit before it's brought back to live.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #34
Elskidor

Loremaster

I find it funny that this event has been being worked on for as long as it has only to be completed and done within 24 hours. Lame. Reset it and slow it down. No one time event should last a day. Really lame..

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #35
DxPreist1

Loremaster

Elskidor wrote:

I find it funny that this event has been being worked on for as long as it has only to be completed and done within 24 hours. Lame. Reset it and slow it down. No one time event should last a day. Really lame..

This^^

Seriously, is the new goal of the newer devs to exclude as many as possible from as much as possible? This is just dang sad, stop allowing shards to be bought with LE tokens so you can make sure everyone gets to participate... having players not be able to because they went to bed and got up for work in the morning is the dumbest decision to date.

Seriously quit sabotaging your game.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
Banedon_Toran

Lord

So I get home from work (Euro here) and find that the event was actually completed or at least would have been if not for the last mob being bugged.

You know there's a whole weekend starting up, not really sure on what the point is of an event that only lasts for a few hours on a Friday....

Personally I vote that auto-complete everybody who was at the event and then reset at a much slower speed so that it at least lasts the weekend...

Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #37
Palleon

Loremaster

I'd like to see the final big bad raid mob pop when the event hits 100%, but if its not ganked within 10 minutes, it goes nuts, levels the dragon spires, stomps on all the blue dwarves, and flies off. Then it resets to 0% and everyone has to start again...

Palleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #38
RinaVaurelin

Loremaster

Within 24 hours on a work night for most of us.  Not even a weekend where a majority may be able to choose to stay up to participate in the 1 day event.  I say that SOE realize they messed up, give out the rewards for the people who should have gotten it, and reset the entire event on all the servers.  Yes, that means that some people may be able to get the final battle reward twice, but it would allow more of a chance for *anyone* to participate rather than those who were lucky enough to be able to stay up all night on the day the event was released. 

RinaVaurelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
Xianthia

Loremaster

I'm starting to sound like a broken record... but here it goes again... :p

Or allow the event to complete (meaning the rebuilding or w/e) but let the quests remain in game until next GU.  That way everyone can still get their tokens, items, etc etc.  Not sure why that's not being done (again, going off from what other forum threads are posting, including me asking directly if quests were staying in game).

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #40
Drakania

Loremaster

Fisrt, for sometihng that is supposed to be a "World Event" the speed at which it progressed was ridiculous,  The monthly Fae Rings last longer than this did.  There's not even enough enough time to get the tokens needed to buy all the items on the vendor SMILEY

Second, starting it in the middle of the day in the middle of the week sucks as well and penalizes anyone that works and doesn't have all day to play.

I get a call at work from my boyfriend that they started, oh joy!  I get home a couple hours later and the druid ring is already at 20% and the Spire at like 4%  There's no way after working for 12 hours I'm gonna be able to stay up all night, maybe when I was 20, LOL  I was hopefull that since I had today off I'd be able to participate enough to get the tokens I need for the items on the vendor, but I guess not SMILEY

I agrre that those who were able to stay up and participate in the final boss should not be penalized and deserve to get the rewards but I also agre that the event should be reset AND slowed down so that everyone on a server can participate and allow the other decorating fanatics like myself enough chances to earn the tokens need for all the house items, mounts and armor.

Drakania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #41
malstria

Lord

IMHO, SOE should do the following:

• Compensate all those who participated in the battles vs the x4 end mob with the rewards they should have received for completing the quest. These people worked hard for it and got nothing.  I hope they get compensated. (Sadly, I missed the x4 boss opps, so no rewards for me. SMILEY )
  • Reset the progress to 0%. After compensating those who did the x4 mob kills, I think it would be fair enough to do a full reset of the event.
  • Give at least 3 days warning using the calendar on the site and an MotD. Maybe even hourly warnings starting about 12 hours before the event opens. That should cover enough of a time frame for a majority of the people to get the notificiation.
  • I would say increase the difficulty of the mobs, since yesterday they were far easier than expected, but this morning it seems their difficulty increased already, so that's kind of moot.
  • Slow down the progress...A LOT! I am not sure if one quest success equals 1% or how it is working, but yeah, I am with everyone else when they say that this event was going way too fast. Sure gnomes are brilliant, hard workers...but less than 24hrs (IRL) to complete? Yeah, they ain't THAT hard working.
  • Increase the number of glowie spawns, perhaps just double them. It can't be too easy, but with the way they are now, its really more than a bit of a pain to collect any.

And there is my two cents worth. I just hope SOE is able to find a way to remedy the chaos that was created.  I'll be optimistic. SMILEY

malstria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #42
Elskidor

Loremaster

Xianthia wrote:

Or allow the event to complete (meaning the rebuilding or w/e) but let the quests remain in game until next GU.  That way everyone can still get their tokens, items, etc etc.  Not sure why that's not being done (again, going off from what other forum threads are posting, including me asking directly if quests were staying in game).

I can live with that...just remove the shard.

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #43
DxPreist1

Loremaster

Xianthia wrote:

Yeah this would work but the problem is they made the Genius decision to let people buy shards so they want it out ASAP. Because why make alot of people happy when you can twink the 2% they pander to constantly and just leave it in the merchant and say tohell with everyone elses enjoyment.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #44
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

We've seen again and again how bad estimates of how quickly things will be completed are (they tend to either over- or under-estimate by a hefty bit). It's just a natural consequence of having a variable population and differnet motivations, which means they need to plan to control the pace fo the event beter. In this case, they really need to design these events around some kind of a checkpoint system if they're not going to let them be run even after completion -- that way it'd gate the event and prevent it from progressing too quickly. IE give that this event has 4-5 weeks max to run, it could have been gated so that no more than 25% progress would occur by 3 days in, no more than 50% by 7 days, and no more than 75% by 14. That way the very earliest any of it could have been fully completed would be after two weeks, and having these fixed breakpoints would allow time for development to tweak the rate of progress if things are going too fast (or too slow).

All it'd take is a message on the progress-meter (or in the NPC's quest text) saying something along the lines of progress being impossible until they rest up or something but still allow the players to do the quests.

On a side note, the way the final event for this is planned (gives a large token reward but nothing actually unique) is better. There's a reason to want to be there to get the kill (get the large token reward and the free items) but folks that simply can't be there or don't luck out and happen to be there when it occurs aren't really penalized since they can just buy the items later.

On another side note, putting heroic shards on there was a poor decision. That's (likely) causing much of the issue with letting people farm tokens so why do it in the first place? IF that was the concern you should have just done it like a PQ with a box drop at the end with a chance for a shard in it in addition to the normal tokens, rather than putting it on the vendor.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #45
Drakania

Loremaster

Oh amnother thing I thought was odd was the items up for sale on the vendor.  What's with the random misc items from other events like Frostfell: a dark frozen tile? Fayberry muffins? Umm OK   And what happened to the other new cloaks that were on the test server, the cool rime ones with burnout patterns?

Drakania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #46
Juull

Loremaster

Senya wrote:

I think anyone who participated in the final kill on whatever servers ended up with a bugged event absolutely deserve their rewards. 

I also think that when the event comes back up it should be reset to 0 and there should be plenty of notice of the day / time it will be reactivated via a forum post, motd notice, welcome screen notice, on the calendar, AND an in game email letting you know there's a world event happening. 

Lots of people had no idea it was happening and as much as I stay on these forums I didn't know until I noticed it on the calendar and decided to go hang out by the dragon ring and see if it started at that time.  The welcome screen said sometime this week and the last forum update I'd remembered seeing was SJ saying the date was being discussed.

I've always admired you when I see you post in a thread, but this response just made me smile even more.  I was one of those people this morning, and I think that your suggestions here are spot on.  It was a HUGE letdown to think that I'd managed to be in the right place, at the right time - only to have the event bug out.  I start a new job on Monday, so the chances that I will be in the right place, at the right time again are Slim to none (and Slim done left town ...).  I especially agree that the event needs to be MASSIVELY SLOWED DOWN so that more people on the high-pop servers get a chance to play too.  Who cares if it takes a month to build the darn things?  I was on Butcherblock for the druid rings event, and I don't even remember if we finished those legit or if it just timed out and autocompleted!

Juull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #47
Lera

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Oh amnother thing I thought was odd was the items up for sale on the vendor.  What's with the random misc items from other events like Frostfell: a dark frozen tile? Fayberry muffins? Umm OK   And what happened to the other new cloaks that were on the test server, the cool rime ones with burnout patterns?

The frozen tiles are originally from Icy Keep (the raid zone), but added to Frostfell so non-raiders can get them. I think they're a good reward since lots of decorators want tiles and they fit well with the icy theme of Velious. A lot of the other items are from either the Void Storms or D.I.R.T.Y. events, which, while new items are good, it's also nice to be able to get some of those old items that people either missed out on or wish they got more of. And it's a lot quicker to offer old event items than make the art and animation for all new stuff.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #48
Lera

Loremaster

malstria wrote:

IMHO, SOE should do the following:

• Compensate all those who participated in the battles vs the x4 end mob with the rewards they should have received for completing the quest. These people worked hard for it and got nothing.  I hope they get compensated. (Sadly, I missed the x4 boss opps, so no rewards for me. )
  • Reset the progress to 0%. After compensating those who did the x4 mob kills, I think it would be fair enough to do a full reset of the event.
  • Give at least 3 days warning using the calendar on the site and an MotD. Maybe even hourly warnings starting about 12 hours before the event opens. That should cover enough of a time frame for a majority of the people to get the notificiation.
  • I would say increase the difficulty of the mobs, since yesterday they were far easier than expected, but this morning it seems their difficulty increased already, so that's kind of moot.
  • Slow down the progress...A LOT! I am not sure if one quest success equals 1% or how it is working, but yeah, I am with everyone else when they say that this event was going way too fast. Sure gnomes are brilliant, hard workers...but less than 24hrs (IRL) to complete? Yeah, they ain't THAT hard working.
  • Increase the number of glowie spawns, perhaps just double them. It can't be too easy, but with the way they are now, its really more than a bit of a pain to collect any.

And there is my two cents worth. I just hope SOE is able to find a way to remedy the chaos that was created.  I'll be optimistic.

All good ideas, and I hope that SOE listen to them, even though it seems like a lot of these issues were already discussed on the testing thread and yet the event went live the way it did.I don't see why anyone would be upset with resetting the event as long as we keep our tokens and rewards. We'd only lose one day's progress, and that's in exchange for allowing a lot more people to participate. And however much one quest counts towards completion, they need to divide that by 10 or 20 and let this event run for a few weeks.As for difficulty, I think it's fine the way it is. Gninja said there were three stages: easy heroics, harder heroics, and the final epic. The easy ones were a bit too easy, but that allows more people to join in and get the tokens during that first half of the event. They do need to fix having to attack the final named mob, though, especially on the easy ones, since too many people weren't getting credit. For a fluff event like this, I'd rather see AFK people getting credit than people wanting to participate but having the mobs die too fast not - if it were crunchier rewards like the PQ armour, that's different.I've also seen it posted that the number of tokens needed for rewards will decrease once the spires are completed and the attack quests are gone. Who knows if they'll keep it that way after the repairs, but people might want to hold onto them in case they do.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #49
Kikiriki
Guild: Knights of Freeport

Loremaster

I'm really hoping it slows down. A ton. I wouldn't mind knocking back the percentages quite a bit, especially since this event was supposed to last a long time. I was hoping to get some more tokens today.

Sig by me!
Kikiriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #50
Lempo

Loremaster

So it won't be running again until the next hotfix which is likely Tuesday which should give just enough time for the all but completed event to be finished again before the weekend.

I may not understand 100% but to get the big reward of tokens at the end you have to be on for the 100% phase and be involved in the kill of the X4 mob, not be a victim of the over zealus AFK catcher and actually get credit. If that is the case it is pretty fail.

I'm obviously not going to be able to get any participation in this at all due to RL and work and sometimes that is just how it goes as it did during the bonus EXP welcome back event that they did, but a world event that could not have been intentionally improvised better to exclude as big of a segment of the population as this was/is still going to. Maybe you guys can really press hard and get the hotfix done on Monday so it will be completed by Friday for sure. The least you could do is put some of these tokens on the marketplace 'for our troubles'.

I just wonder how many of these problems were submitted REPEATEDLY when it was on test, I only say this because I know how many were repeated during the beta for DoV and went completely ignored/left untouched.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #51
Lempo

Loremaster

The frozen tiles are originally from Icy Keep (the raid zone), but added to Frostfell so non-raiders can get them. I think they're a good reward since lots of decorators want tiles and they fit well with the icy theme of Velious. A lot of the other items are from either the Void Storms or D.I.R.T.Y. events, which, while new items are good, it's also nice to be able to get some of those old items that people either missed out on or wish they got more of. And it's a lot quicker to offer old event items than make the art and animation for all new stuff.

The bolded part is the core of all of the problems that are plaguing the game today, sure it was a lot quicker to use the same (albeit cool looking kite shield) appearance for a buckler and a tower shield for loot for a x4 raid and it was even quicker to use identical stats on them and all of the other items in the game now it still doesn't mean that the result makes it a laughing stock. Besides, why should anymore focus over the bare minimum they feel they can get by with be put into new art for the game if it isn't going onto a pay to win SC item.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #52
d1anaw

Loremaster

this event has gone far too quickly , i logged on last night when the event started and doen 2 of the crystal collecting runs, then i had to sleep as i live in eu it was late.

well i log on today , roughly 1pm EST and the evnt is at 99% on AB,

srsly less than 24 hours and its finished?

will i have to stay logged in and waiting for this event to come back on so i can get the pocket wizard call? (if so thats the dumbest thing i ever heard of)

cant you slow it down? and wouldnt a more apt way of handing out that wizard call , be to those that have participated in any of the event?

I was kind of hoping they would reset it so it would last longer as well.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #53
tkia

Tester

Most of those things were added specifically at the players' request.

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #54
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I'm glad that I never decided to move to AB or any server that does this. I feel sorry for anyone who was busy and couldn't play for a day or 2 and missed it entirely because people rabidly stay up all night for a live event that has no benefit if it's finished that quickly. It should at least have a 5 day length in it so most people would have time to participate.

[email protected] wrote:

I understand there is really no way of knowing how long it will take to fix, but it would be nice if there would be at least a set amount of time/warning so people who were at the event on AB etc and stayed up all night working on it (and tbh should have already got their reward for the final quest that bugged out) could get some sleep/prepare etc and not worry about missing out on it after all the petitions and waiting we already been through.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #55
Lempo

Loremaster

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

I'm glad that I never decided to move to AB or any server that does this. I feel sorry for anyone who was busy and couldn't play for a day or 2 and missed it entirely because people rabidly stay up all night for a live event that has no benefit if it's finished that quickly. It should at least have a 5 day length in it so most people would have time to participate.

Are you kidding me?

Blame the players for enthusiasm.

I'm sure every server that doesn't have you is just as glad as you are that you didn't transfer as well.

100% of the blame for this fiasco is on the EQ2 team, not the players who participated in it.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #56
GekkodaWhite

Loremaster

Aibyouka-Mew wrote:

I want to be left off were i ended, with one mob left. That would be nice.

I already talk to them the answer is NO. This kind of stuff is why Sony is not number 1 in mmos anymore. I know all mmos have problems but when something like this happened in WoW Blizz would make it right and give you the reward you would have got if not for their bug. Sony just says "oh our bad we are sorry you did not get the reward for the boss that you will never see pop again, we are working on it and thank you for understanding". Soon as Neverwinter comes out bye bye sony I have had it with this stuff.

GekkodaWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #57
Rathilluser
Server: Befallen
Guild: Evil Empire

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Can you say that for certain though? I mean, I wouldn't really mind much either...but I am not about to pretend that us forum-goers represent anywhere near the majority.

I worked on the event a lot yesterday, and was in a number of different groups at the dragon ring event.  I can tell you that EVERYONE I spoke to wished it would slow down, and we were all hoping the progress would end up being reset.  (Or that the devs would change the whole thing to "stages", and that this would just be the first stage.)  Most people work during the day, and at the rate it was going on our server, had the event not been suspended, it would have been completed by this afternoon.  That eliminates many people from being able to participate very much in the event. 

No one had NEARLY as many tokens as they wanted, even those of us spending hours and hours on it while it was up.  I can only imagine that on the servers where there are more than the three instances that we have on ours, it would have been going even faster.  On our server we were finding that it was going at about 2-3% each time the event ran in either place.  That's way too fast, despite what the devs might think.

I feel sorry for people who don't log on every day and would have missed it because of the lack of announcements regarding the starting date.  I suspect that the speed it went was probably due to someone's math error, and not a conscious decision to make the event last only a few days.

Having no idea that there would be a "final mob" or that there were going to be any further rewards than those on the merchant, I also had no idea that I shouldn't spend everything I had.  I made certain last night to spend all my tokens, just in case the event was completed and the merchants were gone by the time I logged in today.  That, too, was not communicated well to the players.  Had I known there would be rewards only purchasable after the event was over, I would have made certain to save some of my tokens for that reward.  Now I'm only hoping I will have further chances to earn tokens and that the devs will do something to reset the event and make it last longer for all of us.

There was a serious lack of communication in this event.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #58
Rijacki

Tester

carpe_caminus wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

darwich wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Any ETA on how long its going to be down. I understand there is really no way of knowing how long it will take to fix, but as an example, I would hate to go take a tap and sleep for 4-8 hrs and wake up and come back and I missed out on the Final reward from the EW spire quest which as someone already mentioned we killed (on Antonia Bayle) and should have already received credit for. I guess I am asking if there will be at least a set amount of time so people can prepare for when it will be back up and not miss out.

you mean like how everyone else missed out on the rest of the live event on AB?

Sorry that alot of people were not able to take part in it and I'll agree it was moving way too fast, but doesn't change the fact there was 90+ people who were there and killed the final wave except the one bugged mob and deserve the rewards from that quest we should have got then. Us players who were there are not the ones to blame for the speed the event was occuring (or you and others not being available to participate). We were there and earned our reward/participation is all I am saying.

Exactly.  We killed it.  We were there.  We got cheated by a bugged mob.  We deserve our reward, we absolutely earned it.

AND, if you're not there exactly when the event is turned on, you will not get your reward at all. Only those who are able to be there at that moment will have even a chance at the reward. The rest of the server, inlcuding those who killed the bugged version but couldn't be there when the event gets turned on again, will be left with only ground spawn to get any of the items off the merchant.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #59
Carryne

Loremaster

Anestacia wrote:

this event has gone far too quickly , i logged on last night when the event started and doen 2 of the crystal collecting runs, then i had to sleep as i live in eu it was late.

well i log on today , roughly 1pm EST and the evnt is at 99% on AB,

srsly less than 24 hours and its finished?

will i have to stay logged in and waiting for this event to come back on so i can get the pocket wizard call? (if so thats the dumbest thing i ever heard of)

cant you slow it down? and wouldnt a more apt way of handing out that wizard call , be to those that have participated in any of the event?

They have said the title and portal bauble will be available on the merchant after event is completed.  I realize its not the same thing considering some of us have killed the epic with no update but its atleast good to have the 2 "unique" items available even if we cant be on at the moment of completion.  I do hope theres some compensation since you also were supposed to recieve 500 tokens, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in at the kill of the last boss but because the event finished so quickly I don't have many tokens so if I don't get credit for the kill I won't be in a position to buy the bauble and title.

Carryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #60
Treana

Loremaster

I taking part in the Dragon Ring quest in GD1 on the AB server last night (7/14/11)  After repeating the the group/heroic quest, it was obvious that the completion rate wa about 2% every time that quest was completed.  Also, the heroic quest was running every 30 minutes. I did 8 "rounds" of the quest and the completion progress went from 9% to 30% in roughly 4 hours.

What I had read on Zam about the live event and the quest, it was said that there was to be a 3 hour wait between the heroic quests at both the Dragon Ring and at the Eastern Waste Spires.  In fact the description on Zam went into further detail describing that on the Dragon Ring heroic quest would start on the hour, then the EW Spires heroic quest would begin in an hour and half from the start of the Dragon Ring.  Then in another hour and a halt the Dragon Rind would repeat..  That timer set up would have easily slowed down the progress toward completion.  By my calcualtions the events would have had to last a minimum of 150 hours or 6 days in rl. 

I bugged this "problem" at about 7 pm EDT.  Today when I logged in at 2 pm EDT I was not surprised to see the event stopped, but I was (sort of) surprised to read on this forum that both the Ring and Spires had been completed on the AB server

Being in agreement with most of what has all ready beensaid, there is really nothing more I have to add ......         EXCEPT Thanks for the new content (though a bit bugged) and for the great game of EQ2  SMILEY

Treana is offline   Reply With Quote