EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Amnerys

Community Team

UPDATE 7/20:

The Velious transport network rebuilding events will be reactivated this Friday (22nd), late afternoon pacific time. The following changes have been made:

Dragon Ring Event

• Bouont Crushingfist should now correctly update the quest “Two Heads are Better than One.”
  • The quests given when entering the Dragon Ring area should no longer be removed when you leave the area.

Wizard Spire Event

• The Wargcaller should no longer get stuck in combat.
  • The quests given when entering the Wizard Spire area should no longer be removed when you leave the area.

Both Events

• In response to feedback, the percentage of progress for the event on each server has been rolled back somewhat in order to allow players more time to participate in the event. Servers that were further ahead were rolled back more than servers with lower progress.
  • The event merchants are now selling glacial mounts that can be used by adventurers as well as tradeskillers of any level, at a reduced price.
  • Corrected an issue which was causing the events to happen more often than they were intended to.
  • Health for the named encounters has been adjusted.
  • Harvestable tokens have been slightly increased.

UPDATE 7/15: **The Gnomes have thrown some nuts and bolts into the system and this World Event is on hold until further notice. Please note that your progress has been saved. When the World Event is reactivated you can start up where you left off.**

This week, two new events are taking place in the world of Norrath, and you're invited to participate. Don't wait, though! When the goals have been met, the events will be gone forever.

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Ashlanne

Community Relations

Hey everyone,

We are aware of the issues with the event.  We just updated the article with the following text.

**The Gnomes have thrown some nuts and bolts into the system and this World Event is on hold until further notice. Please note that your progress has been saved. When the World Event is reactivated you can start up where you left off. **

Thanks so much for your understanding

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
terjalan

Loremaster

What if we're not on when the event is reactivated ?

Will we still get the update since we already downed the boss as required by the quest or will we be denied the reward for the quest we completed ?

Thanks.

terjalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Aibyouka-Mew

Loremaster

I want to be left off were i ended, with one mob left. That would be nice.

Aibyouka-Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Thanks for this, something needed to give. Honestly I'd rather see the progress be reset once things are worked out.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Arrowheart

Loremaster

I understand there is really no way of knowing how long it will take to fix, but it would be nice if there would be at least a set amount of time/warning so people who were at the event on AB etc and stayed up all night working on it (and tbh should have already got their reward for the final quest that bugged out) could get some sleep/prepare etc and not worry about missing out on it after all the petitions and waiting we already been through.

Arrowheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
darwich

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Any ETA on how long its going to be down. I understand there is really no way of knowing how long it will take to fix, but as an example, I would hate to go take a tap and sleep for 4-8 hrs and wake up and come back and I missed out on the Final reward from the EW spire quest which as someone already mentioned we killed (on Antonia Bayle) and should have already received credit for. I guess I am asking if there will be at least a set amount of time so people can prepare for when it will be back up and not miss out.

you mean like how everyone else missed out on the rest of the live event on AB?

darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Aibyouka-Mew

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Any ETA on how long its going to be down. I understand there is really no way of knowing how long it will take to fix, but as an example, I would hate to go take a tap and sleep for 4-8 hrs and wake up and come back and I missed out on the Final reward from the EW spire quest which as someone already mentioned we killed (on Antonia Bayle) and should have already received credit for. I guess I am asking if there will be at least a set amount of time so people can prepare for when it will be back up and not miss out.

This would also rock. I'm due for a nap but I dont wanna miss out a one chance thing..

I know you guys keep logs.. we killed it. You can easily find out who participated. All I really want is the tokens so I can get bunches of house goodies.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
carpe_caminus

Loremaster

terjalan wrote:

What if we're not on when the event is reactivated ?

Will we still get the update since we already downed the boss as required by the quest or will we be denied the reward for the quest we completed ?

Thanks.

My concern exactly.  We went in there and kicked some epic x4 butt.... and got nothing to show for it.  It's in the server logs who participated in it... I know it'd be a bit of work but I do think it would be fair to reward those that participated in that kill.

carpe_caminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
Enica
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Thanks for this, something needed to give. Honestly I'd rather see the progress be reset once things are worked out.

Exactly.  Whether or not the event is working right, it's still moving along too fast.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
Iren
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Celestial Knights

Loremaster

this event has gone far too quickly , i logged on last night when the event started and doen 2 of the crystal collecting runs, then i had to sleep as i live in eu it was late.

well i log on today , roughly 1pm EST and the evnt is at 99% on AB,

srsly less than 24 hours and its finished?

will i have to stay logged in and waiting for this event to come back on so i can get the pocket wizard call? (if so thats the dumbest thing i ever heard of)

cant you slow it down? and wouldnt a more apt way of handing out that wizard call , be to those that have participated in any of the event?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
Rijacki

Tester

Ashlanne wrote:

When the World Event is reactivated you can start up where you left off. **

I really hope it is reset to 0 on all servers or at least no more than 50%. Otherwise, on AB, within 10 minutes of it resuming the Spires will be Completed by whomever happens to be there at the moment the event is turned on since it's now "stuck at 99%" waiting on the last (bugged) Named to update. Starting up "where you left off" will still not allow more than a handful of players to participate (not just on AB but others as well).

Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #13
Anestacia

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

this event has gone far too quickly , i logged on last night when the event started and doen 2 of the crystal collecting runs, then i had to sleep as i live in eu it was late.

will i have to stay logged in and waiting for this event to come back on so i can get the pocket wizard call? (if so thats the dumbest thing i ever heard of)

cant you slow it down? and wouldnt a more apt way of handing out that wizard call , be to those that have participated in any of the event?

They have said the title and portal bauble will be available on the merchant after event is completed.  I realize its not the same thing considering some of us have killed the epic with no update but its atleast good to have the 2 "unique" items available even if we cant be on at the moment of completion.  I do hope theres some compensation since you also were supposed to recieve 500 tokens, though.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
slippery

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

I really hope it is reset to 0 on all servers or at least no more than 50%. Otherwise, on AB, within 10 minutes of it resuming the Spires will be Completed by whomever happens to be there at the moment the event is turned on since it's now "stuck at 99%" waiting on the last (bugged) Named to update. Starting up "where you left off" will still not allow more than a handful of players to participate (not just on AB but others as well).

This concerns me as well. The event really needs to run for a week to give people a chance to participate. I'd rather see the final named spawn every 3 hours until the event gets turned off with a smaller token reward then have it be a one shot deal.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

FYI, the mobs were still spawning in GD2 when I logged even though everything else poofed.

edit: On Everfrost

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
Iren

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

qfe

Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
Senya

Loremaster

Horribly flawed event. 

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
Anestacia

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

IMO the only real fair way to do it for both parties would be to allow it to be completed as is now but then completely reset it from the beggining so even more people can participate.  Just as much as it wasnt fair for those that missed the event due to its speed, it would be equally unfair to punish  those that did work on it.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #19
Iren

Loremaster

Anestacia wrote:

They have said the title and portal bauble will be available on the merchant after event is completed.  I realize its not the same thing considering some of us have killed the epic with no update but its atleast good to have the 2 "unique" items available even if we cant be on at the moment of completion.  I do hope theres some compensation since you also were supposed to recieve 500 tokens, though.

thast good to know thank you

Old 07-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #20
Arbreth

Loremaster

Gah - Please, roll back the progress on the these and slow them down!

Or leave the mobs up that reward the good token amounts for those that could not get on during the week to participate.

Arbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #21
Xianthia

Loremaster

Anestacia wrote:

thast good to know thank you

It is good to know, however, gathering is supposed to be the only way to get the tokens after the event is at 100%.  Just using AB as a server example... how many harvestables will be on the ground? 1k? (just j/king) but having 5 or 6 harvestables is laughable when you need 100 for some items, and no idea what cost will be for the call/title.

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
Arrowheart

Loremaster

darwich wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Sorry that alot of people were not able to take part in it and I'll agree it was moving way too fast, but doesn't change the fact there was 90+ people who were there and killed the final wave except the one bugged mob and deserve the rewards from that quest we should have got then. Us players who were there are not the ones to blame for the speed the event was occuring (or you and others not being available to participate). We were there and earned our reward/participation is all I am saying.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
carpe_caminus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

darwich wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Sorry that alot of people were not able to take part in it and I'll agree it was moving way too fast, but doesn't change the fact there was 90+ people who were there and killed the final wave except the one bugged mob and deserve the rewards from that quest we should have got then. Us players who were there are not the ones to blame for the speed the event was occuring (or you and others not being available to participate). We were there and earned our reward/participation is all I am saying.

Exactly.  We killed it.  We were there.  We got cheated by a bugged mob.  We deserve our reward, we absolutely earned it.

carpe_caminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #24
IvyBlackrose

Lord

I sure hope not this event needs to be restarted from 0, I will be seriously annoyed if I log in and miss the event.....we are at 99% on Freeport which means the event will be over within 30 minutes of reactivation if you dont start it over, so basically 99% of the population will miss out on it because of this

Specially since i killed Ulbrow basically 3X on my server EW1 EW2 EW3

Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #25
Gzelle

Loremaster

+1 on hoping for a reset - wayyyyy to fast for me

Skitle, Gracy - AB
Gzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #26
Arathander

Defender

I would hope for a reset on some of the progress mainly because from what i noticed earlier in the morning even when the mission was failed at EW wizard spires the completion % still progressed as if it was completed. and being that if its failed it resets faster the mobs kinda spammed the % up on their own heh

Arathander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
Senya

Loremaster

I think anyone who participated in the final kill on whatever servers ended up with a bugged event absolutely deserve their rewards. 

I also think that when the event comes back up it should be reset to 0 and there should be plenty of notice of the day / time it will be reactivated via a forum post, motd notice, welcome screen notice, on the calendar, AND an in game email letting you know there's a world event happening. 

Lots of people had no idea it was happening and as much as I stay on these forums I didn't know until I noticed it on the calendar and decided to go hang out by the dragon ring and see if it started at that time.  The welcome screen said sometime this week and the last forum update I'd remembered seeing was SJ saying the date was being discussed.

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #28
Morghus

Loremaster

I don't see resetting to 0 as a viable option, I think too many people would be upset about their work being made worthless.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Aibyouka-Mew

Loremaster

Won't be up til next hotfix (not this weekend)

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=503296

At least, we can stop idling around the spires.

I just wish you guys would of left the reapeatables in..

Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #30
Arrowheart

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

Hi folks,

We're temporarily disabling the event to work out a couple of issues (thanks to those who reported them!)  Please see this thread for further details. We'll post in the forums when we have a firmer date for the reactivation of the event, but it won't be this weekend as it will require a hotfix.

Thought I would share this from another post... Sounds like its safe for all us crazy folk who stayed up all night to finally get some sleep and not worry about missing out on the completion.