EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Roleplaying
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Jaremai

Loremaster

It's early morning, just after daybreak.  The sun has barely had a chance to illuminate the dew on the leaves outside of the tavern in Qeynos when a shadow overtakes them.  A small winged figure, clad in chainmail and dragging a leather satchel lazily behind him, approaches the door and reaches up to tug at its handle.  It's locked.

"Of all the ... *sigh* humans." 

The fae looks around for a moment.  The city is still asleep, so it will likely be several hours before the tavern's keepers bother to turn up and open the doors.  But considering where he'd just come from, he really wants a drink and doesn't want to make his way back to Kelethin.  He tugs his leather satchel around and reaches inside, retrieving a set of thing metal rods - a set of lockpicks that he was given by his guild's master. 

A few second later, the door opens to him and he's inside, locking the door behind him.  He makes his way behind the counter, retrieving a small glass - well, small to human hands but more like a bucket in comparison to his size.  A twist here, a pour there, and his thirst is satisfied by a very poor imitation but acceptible elven wine.  In the back of his mind, he almost wished he had gone to visit the dwarven settlements.. at least they know how to brew a decent ale.

Satisfied, he sets his now-empty glass near the water tap and decides to exit out the back door to avoid any questions from any passing guards that might be stirring in the front of the tavern, perhaps anxious themselves to relieve the stress of their shift with a pint or a passing grope at the tavern wenches. 

Before he leaves, though, he reaches into his leather satchel again and pulls out a worn card - a playing card used in some of the human games - though this one has been marked with a blue stripe across the face.  He slips the card under the bartop nearest the stool by the door, and proceeds to make his way out of the tavern.

By now the sun is above the horizon and the city has started to stir.  Though he could slip beneath a guard's nose without being detected should he choose to, this morning he simply flies lazily and obviously towards a nearby fountain, stopping to rest on the grass.  Here he will wait.. his contact should turn up soon, unless they were killed by the gnolls.

[This is completely off-the-cuff since Kiara set this forum up for RP as well as other RP-type stuff.. feel free to jump in.  Or feel free to ignore it if you hate RP.  We understand.]

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Azxira
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Starburst

Loremaster

*cups hands ta catch fountain water*

*takin a sip notices sumpin*

Hey!  You be one of dem' wing'ed peepls.   Betta watch ya'self.  Some no likes ya kinds and gonna try to plucks dems wings off yas.

*feelin good did good deed fer day wanders off ta find some trouble*

Azxira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
Coutra

General

((Just a warning, this char of mine can sometimes have a foul mouth!))

Daerriyn sat on the edge of the fountain, unaware that a troubled fae had fluttered up so near him. He was a fairly large half-elf and gave off the appearance that he'd worked hard throughout his life and at the moment... Well, he looked rather tired and lost in thought.

The half elven miner ran fingers through his long-straw colored hair, huffing out a puff of irritated air as it failed to cooperate with him and settle neatly into a ponytail. Pulling off gloves, he dipped overworked hands into the fountain, had a sip of the likely filthy water and then ran his hands over his hair again.

It was Azlana's voice that startled Daerriyn and he turned to glance over his shoulder, watching the person wander off before dark brown eyes settled on the fae. For a moment, he merely watched the tiny winged man, but eventually turned back around.

"Odd warning that is..." He mumbled in a tone that sounded to himself, but it was evident somewhere in it what he was trying to say was: "Hello"

Coutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
Bellacouste
Guild: The lost legend

Loremaster

Aloysiius woke slowly and sat up, rather surprised to find himself on the ground, tucked under the lip of a fountain.  The human  sat up and promptly shoved his head under the running water.  Yawning, he sat back on his haunches and shook his head, sending the dirty water from his brown hair before taking in his surroundings.

"Good mornin' folks."  He stood and stretched. 

(I had hoped someone would start one of these when I first saw the forum, but I was too chicken to do it myself.  ^^; )

Everquest II artwork
Bellacouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Sweetened

Loremaster

((It's about [Removed for Content] time))

Indeed it was still early, but the furry-footed halfling was up and about shortly after the fae's disappearence.  Sweetened had recently been hired has help at the small Qeynosian tavern that had, prior to her, suffered with the food from a horrible chef.  Not only was Sweetened an avid (and wonderful) cook, she was also a clean freak; anything to keep those little feet moving.

She hummed a cheerful Rivervale tune as she dusted the bar top, pausing by the sink to look at the glass that had been rinsed.  "Hrm..." she made a snarfing noise through her nose and looked around.  "I..." she paused and looked around again, tuning into the world around her with her wolf-like hearing being a druid blessed her with.  Nothing.  "Must have forgot one..."  No... no she hadn't, the glass was still wet. 

The doors!  She pushed the glass across the counter towards her rag and quickly made her way to the doors to open them.  Bumping into a stool on the way, she is forced to catch it as she trips.  It lands on her and she can't help but giggle at herself.  As she gets up, she looks at the card that's wriggled loose from the ruckus.  "What's this...?"  She flips it over and looks at it.  Was there a message somewhere she was supposed to see?  A blue stripe?  Poor card... no one takes care of passtimes anymore.  Forget unlocking the bar, she was going to find that Damnable High Elf that always found himself on vacation she supposedly worked for.  What kind of crap was he into?  She wasn't working for some underhanded Freeport spy if thats what this was.  Out the door she went, card in tow.

Lucan D'lere

(I'm looking for a signature avatar! Please PM me with cost if you make them.)

Other Characters:

Spyral - Gnome Conjuror

Falcona - Barbarian Mystic

Sciona - Arasai Necromancer

Peachea - Ratonga Inquisitor
Sweetened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Coutra

General

Daerriyn lifted a brow, grumbling to himself as Aloysiius crawled out from under the edge of the fountain... The half elf hadn't realized he was there.

"S'ppose it was someone else's damned turn to wake up under there..." The miner muttered the words, lifting tanned and overworked fingers to rub over his face, easing away as they traced the long scar that separated his features: half his face on one side, half on the other... an irony that.

"Swear this is the only place in Qeynos that ain't bobbing with mornin' people at this hour."

Despite his apparent crabbiness, Daerriyn passed a small look over his shoulder to Aloysiius and offered a small grin.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Aloysius grinned sheepishly.  "Funny thing is, I don't remember going to bed there.  I have, on occasion, passed out after a night with friends, but I distictly remember I was on my way to the tavern."  He shoved his hands into his pockets absentmindedly and paused.  Aloysius pulled his hands out and checked his other pockets and the pouches on his belt.  "I seem to be missing some items."

Everquest II artwork
Old 07-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #8
Coutra

General

Daerriyn grinned lopsided, running hands through his hair to tighten his short ponytail.

"I'd imagine you are," was his reply to Alloysius. Even Qeynos had its crime. Rubbing his nose, the half elf turned his head to look the human over, dark eyes scanning Alloysius' facial features. At length, he spoke again, the words accompanied by a shrug of his shoulders.

"It's best not to carry anything too valuable on ya when heading to a bar, y'know... Seems something you should likely have known, though..."

Old 07-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #9
Jaremai

Loremaster

The fae, content with his chosen patch of grass, partially entertains himself with the awakening city and the crowd around the fountain.  Always easiest to be lost in a crowd, he thinks to himself.. even if he stands out because of his wings.

He tugs his boots off, knocking the dirt out of them and giving himself a moment to wiggle his toes and relax when he catches sight of a halfling darting out of the very tavern that he had left his calling card.  Squinting his eyes, he could see a glimpse of blue protruding from her hand as she purposefully makes her way.  Did she find his card?  No matter, it's just a card.  Nobody in Qeynos outside of who he was here to meet would know it as anything but a playing card that got marred by some paint and accidentally lodged in the tavern.  At least, that was his hope.

Slightly annoyed by the loss of his calling card, he turns his attention back to the half elf and the human bantering in front of him as he decides how best to make contact now that the subtle route was taken from him.

Upon hearing of the 'missing items' his ears perk up a bit.  Maybe he'd have another avenue to meet his contact after all.

In a soft voice, more like a whisper on the wind than anything else, he breaks his silence.  "What sort of items do you seem to be without, friend human?"  He did his best to seem friendly, despite his inner hatred of humans.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Aloysiius nodded in agreement to Daerriyn.  "I really should know better.  I run the Sandpiper Tavern over on Lucie Street.  Lets see."  He rummaged through pocket and pouch taking an inventory.

He turned to the Fae to answer.  "Well, the cat treats I picked up from the provisioner's are missing and my favorite set of quills.  Oh great, that deck of cards is gone too.  Those were a gift."  He furtively slipped his hand into the secret pocket in his sleeve.  "Ack.  That little scroll Bella gave me for safekeeping.  She's going to kill me."  He bent low to check under the fountain.  "Oh, wait, here are the cat treats and quills.  He pulled out a smushed leather bag that smelled faintly of fish and a handfull of broken and torn quills.

Everquest II artwork
Old 07-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Coutra

General

The miner shook his head as the human crawled under the fountain to retrieve his things. It was about time to get moving, he mused, glancing to the gates to North Qeynos before casting a look back to the human again.

Daerriyn shook his head slightly, though the remains of a grin faintly marked his face. Lifting a pickaxe, he settled it against his shoulder and turned to face them one last time before heading off.

"Well... hope you find your things. Maybe I'll stop by that "Sandpiper" place sometime. I've got a job to do, so my time has come."

The half elf began walking away pausing just before he had gone too far, "Daerriyn, by the way." With a wink and a mock salute, he headed to pass through the gates to North Qeynos.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
Sweetened

Loremaster

Sweetened was surprised by the population of North Qeynos this early in the day and was headed towards the gates to Antonica to speak with the guards about the card.  Someone -had- to have been in there.

The spirit of the wolf sent her barreling over the fae who was making his way out.  She lost the card and scrambled to her feet and the aid of the fairy she practically stepped on.  "Oh!  Uhm..."  She flushed quickly, reaching to lift the fae and dust him off, checking his wings.  Reaching for the card on the ground she apologized to him over and over.

Lucan D'lere

(I'm looking for a signature avatar! Please PM me with cost if you make them.)

Other Characters:

Spyral - Gnome Conjuror

Falcona - Barbarian Mystic

Sciona - Arasai Necromancer

Peachea - Ratonga Inquisitor
Sweetened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #13
Auxillery
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Legends of Firiona Vie

Loremaster

(My turn)

Auxillery wakes up from her nap on top of the bank roof. How she got there she has not a clue but all she remembered was a strange card and a flash of light.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
theriatis

Loremaster

[Time to get it running again]

[Place is: North Qeynos - Time is: Early Morning (as far as i can remember)]

The Door opened and from the Crafters House slipped a Person, covered in Red Robes and a black Cloak, his hood drawn deep into his face. Holding in his Hand a Cup of something hot, walking slowly to the Fountain, mumbling to himself in a strange language till he stops.

He seems to be looking around, then he walks to a place on the Fountain which is farthest away from any other person sitting in the vicinity. Slowly he sits down, takes a sip of whatever it is and removes his Hood.

His grey skin without any Hair on his head reveals faintly glowing red runes all over, a mark of his eruditian heritage. As he seems to relax, looking into the morning sun the runes' glowing descends till it seems like just another tattoo.

If someone with very good ears would sit in the near of him (and speak Druzaic) he would hear snippets of what he says to himself:"... uncovering arcane, not elemental fire... ...ice and destruction, would fit in... ...equotation of the [*gibberish*] principle could be..."

As he looks into his cup, he sighs, speaks some words until his hands start to glow like a candle; it seems that the cup itself starts to glow and the beverage in it steams again. He takes another sip and just stares into the Morning Sun...

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #15
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Aloysiius checked his pockets again for the missing item.  He saw an Erudite sit down on the edge of the fountain.  "Excuse me, sir?"  He approched the muttering Erudite.  "You haven't by any chance seen a little scroll around here, have you?  It's quite important."

Everquest II artwork
Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #16
theriatis

Loremaster

The wandering of the Erudites Mind was suddenly interrupted, as another person approached him, the word "missing Scroll" got his attention.

"What ? Missing Scroll ? Did they again leave Scrolls unattended and got them lost in their Chaos in the Tower ?"

*he looks at Aloysiius, thinking that he might not mean the Chaos in the Magetower, orders his thoughts a bit and asks, now a little more calm*

"Ah, now, of which kind of "Scroll" are we talking about ?"

Old 12-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
Bellacouste

Loremaster

"Well, it's about this big rolled up," Aloysiius held out his hands to indicate the size to be about four inches.  "It's got a pink ribbon wrapped around it and it's written in Ratongan.  It seems quite a strange thing for someone to want to take.  Bellacouste is going to be quite sore with me if I've lost it though."

Everquest II artwork
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #18
theriatis

Loremaster

"Oh, seems to be a normal Scroll then... nothing extraordinary. Lets try to solve this little puzzle." The Erudite places the (now empty) Coffeecup aside and looks at him.

"There's a few variables where i need the answer, which could help in finding it." He closes his eyes for a moment and looks up again.

"Is your Rattongan Friend a Spellcaster ? Could it be a Magicians Scroll ? Is this Scroll of great personal worth ? Does it have any connection to your Friend ? Maybe the Ribbon, of what was it made ? Was the Scroll made of Parchment or Papyrus ?"

He waits a moment, his eyes following the Guards Path.

"Maybe i could weave a Spell to find the Item, but there are questions to the Scroll involved... and this works only if your Friend has a connection to the Item. Like... the Spell couldn't find a Piece of copper which you have lost, but it could find the missing earring from your grandmothers heritage, for which you have the other piece.Items of great personal worth - not necessarily monetary worth - could be found."

"Hm. This looks like the Diversion i hoped for and which i badly need. Stuck in an Arcane Experiment, you know ?"

*looks again at Aloysiius*

"Otherwise, probably not. But anyway, can you do some research of the Scroll ? Every Detail helps. And if you have a piece of the pink ribbon from which the one was made which was wrapped around the scroll, or the ink and feather with which it was written, that would greatly help."

*he stands up*

"I will have to do some research myself for the Spell, care to meet me again, here, in the afternoon ?"

Old 12-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #19
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Aloysiius nodded while the Erudite spoke and waited for an opportunity to answer the questions.

"Bella is an Illustionist, but the scroll isn't a spell or anything arcane like that.  It's the only memento from her grandmother that she managed to save when she fled Freeport.  It's quite old, in fact, which is why she gave it to me to transcribe to newer parchment."  Aloysiius too, stood up.  "I can get some of the ribbon and bring it back this afternoon."  The Human extended his hand.  "I greatly appreciate this, sir."

Everquest II artwork
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #20
theriatis

Loremaster

The Erudite takes the hand, shakes it, nods, stops and says:"Oh, where are my manners. Mandragore, my Name. I'll be in the Magetower for the Research.Looking forward to see you in the afternoon."

His Mind seems to have wandered again as he stands seconds still, his lips moving slowly.Suddenly he looks back on Aloysiius.

"Ah yes, till later then."

He turns around throws a small piece of fabric in front of himself, which instantly increases its size toa large enough Carpet, hovering just a few inches over the Ground.Taking a step onto it, the Carpet ascends a little and flows away, heading to the South Qeynos Magetower.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #21
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Aloysiius waved goodbye to Mandragore, then realized he hadn't properly introduced himself to the Erudite.  He mentally kicked himself for his uncharacteristic lapse in manners and sprinted away from the fountain and towards the North Qeynos docks.

He took a small boat through the tunnel waterways to the South Qeynos docks.  He found his way to Bella's Bakery and stepped in, ringing the little bell over the door.

~*~

Later that same day Aloysiius arrived at the North Qeynos fountain again, followed by a small ochre furred Ratonga wearing a pink robe and matching ring of flowers on her head.  The Ratonga sat on the lip of the fountain and twitched her whiskers.

"I's is glads yous is okays, Al, buts you's won't bes if's we don'ts get the scrolls backs."  She folded her arms.  "I's is nevers going to cooks for you's agains."

Aloysiius turned away to examine the statue of Antonia Bayle to hide the amused look on his face.  Bellacouste never looked as intimidating as she thought she did when angry and he always found it amusing when she tried glowering like her older brother did.

Everquest II artwork
Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #22
theriatis

Loremaster

From far away, a Person, standing on a Carpet, was flying towards them. Slowly Aloysiius recognized the Erudite. As he approached the fountain he jumps off the carpet, waving his hand towards them and with a single gesture of the other Hand, the carpet went to the small piece of fabric again, which he puts into his Robe.

Taking a Scroll out of his Leatherbag he walks to the Rattongan Female which stands beside Aloysiius, nods to him and looks onto her. He puts the Scroll into his left Hand, and bows his Head.

"I am Mandragore. You are the one missing the Scroll i presume ?"

He waves the Scroll in his left Hand.

"I was able to form a Base Construct for the Spell to find the Scroll you are missing; if there is a little more Detail aboutit and the ribbon, i could redefine some Core Components, to make it more accurate. If the Scroll was stolen, there are some things i would additionally weave into it... so, do you know of anything which could make the Scroll importantenough for other people to lay their hands on it ? Or do you think it just "got lost" ?"

Old 12-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #23
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Bella curtsied to the Erudite, the ring of flowers between her ears slipping down over her eyes.  She righted the flowers and opened her mouth to speak, but was distracted by a figure walking up to them. 

The figure, another Ratonga, wore a robe similiar to Bella's, but in yellow with a matching ring of flowers on her head.  Her fur was darker brown than her pink-clad counterpart and she had a pair of dark lensed glasses on her nose.

"I's heard from Charlie that's you's lost Grandma's scroll!"  The blue Ratonga yelled as she approached.

"I'm afraid that's my fault."  Aloysiius said.

"Yous give Grandma's scroll to a humans?"  The blue one asked, switching from Common to Ratongan.

Bella rolled her eyes.  "I's trust Aloysiius, Jumjum."

"My's name is no longers Jumjum.  I's is Ratatoska!  And you's shouldn't have trusted that scroll withs a lazy Human!"

"Grandmas give the scrolls to me!  She taughts me how to make its, yous is just upsets that you were never good enoughs to learn!"

"You forsook Grandma's teachings in Coercings when yous come to Qeynos, so yous should have given the scroll to me!"

"I's abondoned Coercing, but not alls thats Grandma taught was Coercing spells!  And yous forsook Hoddmimir's teachings in Necromancies, so's don'ts yous shake your finger at mes likes that!"

"Grandma cried whens you lefts!"

Aloysiius turned to Mandragore and smiled sheepishly while the two Ratongas continued their heated conversation.  "Sorry about this.  These two always argue like this.  Sisters, you know?"  Aloysiius crigned at hearing a rather un-lady like word applied to him by Ratatoska and tapped Bella on the shoulder.  "She does know I can speak Ratongan, right?"

Everquest II artwork
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #24
theriatis

Loremaster

Mandragore bowed his Head to Bellacouste as he also noticed the other Ratonga approaching.He followed the discussion at first with interest, then irritated.

"Allow me to introduce....."

He stopped as the two Ratonga got to heated arguments.

"Excuse me, could i have a moment of your...."

He again stopped as Aloysiius spoke to him and waited a few seconds how the Scenery wouldunfold now after a little more harsher words were exchanged.

He decided to switch from Common to Ratonga and thought that living with a Guild that has moreRatonga in it then every other Race helps sometimes, but sighted as he knew that Ratongan Dialectwas not his favourite, as it sounded strange from his mouth. He prefered Druzaic, but...

"Misses ! Please ! 'sis musts comes to an ends !"

Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #25
Bellacouste

Loremaster

The two sisters stopped arguing and looked sheepishly at the Erudite.

"Sorries, Mr. Mandragore."  Bella muttered, switching to Common.  She turned to her sister.  "He has offers to find the Grandma scroll for us."

"Oh goods, I's has a safe place for its at homes."  Ratatoska said, adjusting her dark lensed glasses.

Bella's jaw jutted out and Aloysiius recognized the beginning of another spat.

"Since I'm to copy it to a newer parchment anyway, why don't I make a copy for each of you?"  He offered, hoping that they would argue about ownership of the original at a later time, preferably after he had gone home to a good stein of something strong.  The situation diffused for the moment, they turned back to the Erudite.

Everquest II artwork
Old 12-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #26
theriatis

Loremaster

Mandragore took a deep breath, waving the Spellscroll he made with his left hand.

"Miss Bellacouste, Miss Ratatoska...", he bowed his head again faintly and looked into their eyes while he spoke their names, "I created the Base Formula for a Spell which could find your scroll."

"Since its now clear that it was not a simple scroll and we have a piece of the ribbon" *looks to Aloysiius* "it may be easy to find, provided that it wasn't stolen and hidden behind some kind of protection from those spells."

He sat down on the edge of the fountain.

"If it just got lost, we could proceed and weave the spell; if you have any second thoughts about someone which may have taken it, i will take additional precautions. Like concealing the spell so it cannot be detected, weaving a force veil around us to counter any offensive magic which may guard the scroll, enhance the spell so it could break through energy walls which are made to protect the lost scroll... that should do it."

He opened the spell scroll, took a small feather, looked at both Ratonga, made some more notes and looked up.

"If you both were in possesion at a specific time, i could also focus on the memory you have from that scroll. Now, what can you tell me about it, and about possible thieves ?"

Old 12-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #27
Bellacouste

Loremaster

The two sisters looked at each other and then leaned in, conversing quietly in Ratongan for a moment.

"Only persons who woulds steals it is backs in Freeports."  Bellacouste said in Common as she watched an armored captain of the Qeynos Guard on horseback down the street.  "I's is nots sure if he's could have gotten ins to takes it."

"Remy Rotguttses always bragged abouts having 'agents' in Qeynoses, even if he's couldn't gets in..."  Ratatoska muttered to her sister, still in Ratongan.

"Well, it might be a good idea to put the protections up, just in case.  I don't like it that I woke up under a fountain with something missing like that.  I was heading to the tavern so I'm sure that I didnt' lay down there on my own."  Aloysiius folded his arms across his chest. 

Everquest II artwork
Old 01-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #28
theriatis

Loremaster

[OT: Back from Vacation, Happy New Year everyone J]

Mandragore started taking notes, looked up, nodded, took more notes and listened.

“Hm. Freeport. That could lead to complications. I don’t think the Overlord treats people scrying Freeport for lost things, nay, scrying Freeport for anything, nicely. There is but an additional Routine I have to implement; you’re lucky I thought about it before. Now where have i….”

He opens his Leatherbag and starts pulling papers out, looking through them, putting them pack in, taking others out, looking through them, reading them… after minutes of motionless reading (he could feel the tension rising in the two Ratonga, standing still and waiting and such) he looked up again.

“I should be ready this evening. Could you please come to my place ? It’s the Big House, last one on the left side before going through the Gate to the Harbor. Just knock, my servant will open, get you a place and notify me, if I am still in the Room preparing for the Lost-and-Found Ritual.”

He looked down, suddenly scribbling another note on a Parchment.

"Ah. Almost forgot. If this really leads to Freeport, i need a portable Spell to track it. But once we have the Routine and the Imprints, that shouldn't be a great deal."

He turns to Aloysiius.

“Can I have the Ribbon ? I will start with all the necessary precautions and preparations then.”

Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
Bellacouste

Loremaster

[Happy New Year!  SMILEY ]

Aloysiius handed the Erudite the ribbon while a big grin spread across Bellacouste's face.

"I's live two houses downs from the Harbor gate!  We's is neighbors!"  She giggled.

Ratatoska rolled her eyes at her excitable sister.  "Let's just hopes is nots in Freeports."  She muttered.  "Or worse-Neriak."  She spat the name out, scrunching her nose up as if she had just stepped in something foul.

Aloysiius grinned at the sisters and then leaned over to whisper to Mandragore.  "Erm- since I lost the scroll, I'd be happy to pay you for your services myself.  I know complicated spells sometimes need expensive reagents and even if this one doesn't, I'll reimburse you for your time and energy at the very least."

Everquest II artwork
Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #30
Brienae
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

((Hopefully y'all don't mind if I join))

Brienae stepped through the gate of North Qeynos.  Her orange and purple wings fluttered in excitement.  Her bag was full of scrolls all scribbled with ballads of common people doing great things.  It would be nice to stay somehwere for a change instead of outside.  "Then again Lady Tetriemmy's house is probably not much different," she thought as she continued to fly toward the middle of Qeynos.  She saw a group standing by the fountain deep in conversation.  She noted that two were ratonga one was human and one was an erudite.  She stopped herself from getting too close.  "A lady does not eavesdrop," she mentally scolded herself.

"There you are," said somone behind her she turned to see an unfamilar wood elf striding towards her.  "Now give it to me and we'll go to freeport and get your money.

"What are you talking about?" Brienae hissed "I wouldn't be caught dead in that filthy city."

The wood elf laughed "Quit playing games Tari."

Brienae's eyes flashed with anger "How dare you! How Dare you confuse me with that hate filled abomination!"

"Enough! You want to alert the guards?" He lunged for her "Now give me the scroll our master ordered you to steal."

Brienae with drew her twin sai "I am Lady Brienae De`Esalcoda..."

"Impressive so the illusion went to your head." This time he managed to grab her as she stood shocked.

"Unhand me!" she screamed as he tore her bag littering the ground with quills and scrolls

"Last time I'll ask.  Where's the scroll with the pink ribbon written in ratongan

Brienae screamed again "Let go of me!

I am Nature's Wrath incarnate like the fire I destroy and rejuvenate~Tetriemmy Windfoot
Brienae is offline   Reply With Quote