EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
Wurm

Any idea what's going on? I can switch between my normal server and beta as much as I want its the same result every time.

Only big difference in on my normal server I'm using profit.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #2
Wurm

Anyone know where the graphic options ini is? I'd like to try copying it to the beta foplder and see what happens.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #3
Grumpy_Warrior

eq2_recent.ini has your most recent settings, and when you save a settings profile in the options window it goes into your main EQII folder with an .opt extension. e.g. screenshots --> screenshots.opt
Old 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #4
Maevianiu

Developer

I did some extra testing, and I'm getting a better framerate on beta than on live. In fact, we have a very slight optimization to animations going out with the expansion, very slight. I wouldn't expect the framerate to drop but not enough that I would expect it to improve noticeably.

However, we did make large changes to the persona window UI which may not be properly supported by custom UIs at this time. Try switching to the default UI until the custom UI modders have a chance to catch up. To be a little more detailed the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file changed a lot (added in Mercenary Gear and Wardrobe functionality) and the eq2ui_gamedata.xml change some as well to support new dynamic data for ascension and such.

If changing to the default UI doesn't help it might be a character specific thing. Try different characters to see if it persists. And let know which characters are having the problem(s).
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #5
Maevianiu

Developer

What is the character name on beta that is having the issue? I can try to see if it is something specific to the character.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 AM   #6
Wurm

Stormraven Warwind
Old 10-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #7
Wurm

The difference between live and beta is huge for me. Live I have everything maxed out except for flora and I have a nice steady smooth as butter gaming experience,

On Beta I had to turn almost everything off to have 12 fps, which is thankfully just enough to do the quests.

Maev if you want my DXDIAG PM me and I'll send it to you. My Character is Stormraven Warwind on both Maj'dul and Beta.

I'm going to try copying the recent ini over to see if it helps.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
Wurm

And I am using the default UI (which I still detest, sorry), and the beta folder is a totally clean install.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:52 PM   #9
Maevianiu

Developer

I am really sorry, but I just cannot find the cause. Nothing in the logs, I even made a copy of your character on my account. Runs smooth as silk.

I am guessing there may be some kind of rogue setting. Do you get a framerate difference when you switch between "Extreme Performance" and "Balanced"? Do you get one when you switch between "Balanced" and "Extreme Quality"?

Does the poor framerate go away if you just stand still for a minute or two?

You could also try setting everything to default. Just press ALT+O to open the options window and click the "defaults" button at the bottom right (on your beta install) and see if that helps.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #10
Wurm

As I said on live it runs just fine. I kinda fixed it though.

I reset my graphic card drivers and then deleted the beta folder and let it download again.

I now am getting playable fps in the beta. Thank you for looking into it for me.