EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
Creame

Copied over a character,.... check...
Went to KP docks... check...

Checked mail... nothing in my mail for the quests to gain access to KA lands...

was told i had to have finished the sig quest line in ToT.. Why? I want test your game. Why do I have to finished a quest line. Isn't purchasing the xpac enough?

Plz plz plz, fix this.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
Cheesenabber

It's a direct continuation is the reasoning right now.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 AM   #3
Drusi_EQ2

From some other beta post:

Old 10-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
Smallcorners

The finalization of the previous Signature Line for either Adventurers, or Crafters, opens up the next Signature Line appropriately. That is part of the game, and also what is being tested.

Once you have completed either SL, then you will receive a mail to continue that particular path.

Additionally, in order to start the Epic 2.0 line, you must have completed the Fabled quests for Epic 1.0, not the Mythical or Epic Repercussions. There must also be certain progress in once of the Ascension lines. So if you have not done the Fabled quests, go ahead and do so while working on the other stuff.

Do remember, this is a game, not a race.
Smallcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
Mortam

Why do we need to have a quest done on live server to test beta? This means anyone not having done this, and pre-ordered can't test beta? That is not what was sold. Pre-order gets you into beta. Period.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #6
ZUES

The signature line is a continuation of a story that goes back further than ToT. When you get the mail from the Queen of Maldura says she needs your help again. The ToT sig line is very easy and quick; compared to most sig lines.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
Smallcorners

You are not buying just the Beta, you are also buying the game,a nd the stuff that comes with it. Frankly you are in Beta if you can log into the server, you simply cannot get to the new content until you complete certain requirements. Congratulations, you tested the lack of requirements part.

As for popping a level 1 through, check to see if there is a Beta buffer in Halas, which is where I believe he is rumored to be, and see if he, or a merchant close by, might have a bauble for people in your position. I will not promise there is one, as I have not looked myself, and originally there was not to even be a Beta buffer. Perhaps someone else can answer that question.

But trying to cause trouble because you do not fulfill the requirements for the environment that needs testing is childish.
Smallcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #8
Posy

And beta will be finished by the time I finish all the prerequisites which nobody mentioned before. I bought the last expansion but never played it. This was advertised as a whole new expansion, not part two of some previous one.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
Luciar

You could easily finish the required ToT sig line in less than one day. As mentioned you got what you paid for. Pre-order perks including ACCESS to the beta server and forum section. It never said anything about progressing your character through quest lines upon pre-order. I'd suggest being less dramatic about a totally logical requirement and acknowledge that you will need to complete it anyways once exp13 goes live. Might want to complete your Epic 1.0 while you're at it (if not done yet) to avoid similar disappointment for the Epic 2.0 line.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:33 AM   #10
Mortam

A friend of mine bought the expac so he could try out the beta. He can't because he hasn't played ToT at all. No where in the expac info does it say you had to have played ToT to get to play beta.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:39 AM   #11
Kander

Developer

We are no longer requiring the ToT Signature quests to start the Kunark Ascending questlines for beta or when it goes live. These changes should be in ASAP. We'll make sure it gets in the patch notes.
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:39 AM   #12
Kander

Developer

We are no longer requiring the ToT Signature quests to start the Kunark Ascending questlines for beta or when it goes live. These changes should be in ASAP. We'll make sure it gets in the patch notes.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:40 AM   #13
Kander

Developer

Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 AM   #14
Mrbiggs

Thanks Kander! I don't have that much time to actually play so I was looking forward to checking out the new content asap Smile
As for the epic 2.0 though, is the prerequisite doing the original epic weapon questline even if you've completed Epic Repercussions?