EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #91
keeks

Developer

I'll look into it, thanks!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #92
Nindakin

Bone Crushing Swings on Tlat-a-tor in Temple of the Ill-Seen [Heroic] has a 100% savagery drain component every tick, which needless to say completely destroys a beastlord's dps. Additionally, this ability also states that it decreases dissonance every tick, which if true (untested due to having no channeler) is actually beneficial.

This ability and any other similar abilities should have their savagery/dissonance drains removed. Beastlords are punished enough without it.
Nindakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #93
Kander

Developer

We'll take a look at it. Thaks
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #94
Kittybock

Actually, I'd noticed the water sound the other day, but thought it cool, due to the entrance being underwater.... I took it as the paving stones all being wet.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:32 AM   #95
Hanab

The Masters Chosen stuffs that gotta be fixed.

The HP on the mobs are a bit silly...
The porting curse from the Tutors are just annoying.

Xal'Gilah needs to get some serious adjustments except for the HP that all the nameds in there has a bit to much.
Is the add that you cant kill, the HP on it is close to nothing (adv solo hp close)
Target lock every 10 secs? And then the best. Take of the mezzing part straight off lol.

/Hanab
Old 11-10-2015, 03:56 AM   #96
Anaogi

Adv Solo: Temple of the Ill-Seen. Timed quest, Cavern Sweep.

Engaging mobs from outside the room does not trigger the quest. If the quest is then triggered after the mobs are killed, the quest cannot be completed.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #97
Kander

Developer

We'll take a look at it. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #98
keeks

Developer

It should sound kinda muddy. Weird splash sound should go away by release, thanks guys!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #99
Elowith

Contested zone - despite clearing all the named, got credit for only one named in the weekly mission.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #100
Kander

Developer

Well that is not good. We'll take a look at it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #101
Batawai

Is Dark Assault suppose to be instantaneous or perhaps the hits should be spaced out a bit more? Drelaakor in particular, with betabuff gear of about 68% mitigation, can do anywhere from 800k to over 1 million damage instantly (and it doesn't seem to have a casting timer you can see to maybe interrupt it either). It's enough to even overwhelm death saves (it kills you, you're healed by the death save, and then it instantly does enough damage to kill you again) so even if you are at 100% health, you are just suddenly completely dead.

Also, I agree it is odd that in the end room there is no named. Just an elevator. It feels like that room should have an end boss to signify that it's the end of the zone - or maybe he doesn't spawn until after you kill Drelaakor which I couldn't do?

On my very last try I was 100%, had Divine Favor on, 68% mitigation, around 800-900k HP and he hit instantly for:
Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 171823 piercing damage.
Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 349893 piercing damage.
Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 525005 piercing damage.

I went from 100% to dead in the blink of an eye.

Instance: Rise to Power [ Advanced Solo]
Old 11-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #102
Kander

Developer

Did you just run this? What class were you playing?

The other bosses do no spawn until those bosses are defeated, correct.

That spell shouldn't be hitting that hard. We'll look at it.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #103
Uncle

kandar

i just tried this mob before reading this post hit me on a sin 192k resist 11k mit

4 times at once for 152k,309,464,516

basicly one shotting me

uncle
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #104
Kander

Developer

Are you using a mercenary?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #105
Uncle

yes was using aom collection merc
Old 11-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #106
Kander

Developer

And what gear are you wearing? Full ToT Quest gear?
Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #107
Uncle

crafted jewerl, fabled necklace( tot) deadshot bow(tot), two aom weapns armorw was all aom - helm and forarms( tot)
Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #108
Uncle

im currently logged into beta if you want me to shot you what happening
Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #109
Kander

Developer

We've lowered the damage on the spell and reduced some of the tier mults.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:55 AM   #110
Batawai

It was today, basically right as I was writing that post I was in the instance. I didn't get my character copied over before it's home went down, so I was using betabuffed gear of a tank character along with some of the new overland quest gear (but certainly not a full set)
Old 11-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #111
Anfis

so i ran these adv solo's many times before and after the change to dark asssult.. its now way to easy..before i had to be careful with pulls even use my mez ..the challange was fun but now it jus to easy i can blast thru the zone with no care or worry about death even 1 shoting named... also when using charmed mobs they almost never hit the mob i was attacking it was allways a miss or very Very minimal dmg please make the charm mobs atleast hit as hard as they hit me plz!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #112
Batawai

Keep in mind they changed it so if there are no tanks in zone (and mercenaries don't count) that mobs do less damage. That means it's entirely possible, depending on what kind of damage reduction is done when no tanks are in zone, for a mob to be doing almost a million dmg to a tank, while doing practically nothing to a mage - if the damage is getting reduced too much for nontank characters. The solution then is to reduce the damage of the ability, but bring the damage done to mages up closer to what you're doing to tanks. As it stands right now because of the difference between tanks being in zone and mages being in zone, you'll have one person say it's a cake walk (if they happen to be a mage), while another goes in and gets one shotted with abilities doing nearly a million damage to them (if they are happen to be a tank).

Unfortunately while they reduce the damage output of mobs when no tanks are in zone, they DON'T reduce the HP of mobs when no mages are in zone. I can assure you - tanks aren't going in there and one shotting any of these named.

Also, I just tried the zone again, and the change to Dark Assault hasn't actually gone in yet. I pulled Drelaakor and he did this:
Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 170481 piercing damage.
Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 349893 piercing damage.
Drelaakor's Dark Assault hits YOU for 525005 piercing damage.
You stop fighting.

I know Kander didn't say it was in yet, just saying it because that means Anfis is barely being hit before Dark Assault is toned down (and is apparently an enchanter based on him mentioning charming mobs) while it's doing that kind of massive damage to a paladin.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:35 PM   #113
Batawai

Tried it again after today's patch and it is much more manageable. Finished the quest to slay the 3 named with 3 seconds left. Pretty close, but I'm sure that gets easier once you're wearing a full set of new gear and have infusions and such.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:40 PM   #114
Kander

Developer

Awesome!
Old 11-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #115
Elowith

Tried to run heroic Rise to Power. All trash was up, but no named spawned.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #116
Kander

Developer

Yeah, all the bosses are spawned off the first named and the first named got a script error and wasn't spawning. Thanks for letting us know! =)