EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Raevin

The Quiet Type

The dungeon runs in new dungeons were fun the last two years, but can we switch it up a bit?  That tournament *really* seems to give hard-core raiders an advantage, especially being able to copy your own character with all the gear and spells.  The tournament three years ago was power-leveling, and it was a BLAST (And no, I'm not just saying that because my team came in second.).  It just seems like it's more fair and more fun.  Everyone starts out with new toons and races to level, instead of showing off just how uber you are. 

Raevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
princesskitty

Happy Camper

Last year was the first time i did the live tournament and i had a good time. I understand the unfair advantages tho. My pickup group hadnt test copied so they had to have the generated toons :p also because of all the issues with the test copying my time slot was almost an hr behind schedule. Whatever it is tho i hope its another group event. I enjoyed meeting new people this way and thought walking around with an "LFM bard or chanter" sign was hilarious.
princesskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Brailyn

The Quiet Type

This year will be my first oppotunity to make it out to Fan Faire. I can't wait to participate in whatever it is they decide on.

Brailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Crabbok

Board Veteran

Raevin wrote:

It just seems like it's more fair and more fun.  Everyone starts out with new toons and races to level, instead of showing off just how uber you are. 

But by leveling up a toon faster than other people, aren't you then showing how Uber you are?   Uber doesn't simply mean raid geared, uber means super, so basically if you are uber, you are better than other people.  

A levelling up contest would indeed be cool, but as an "Uber raider" myself, I betcha I could out level you!   Yes sir the gauntlet has been thrown!  ha ha!     Naw seriously though I'm betting this year's tournament will likely be a battlegrounds tournament.  

Crabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Raevin

The Quiet Type

You just shush, Crabbok! 

Old 05-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Crabbok

Board Veteran

Raevin wrote:

You just shush, Crabbok! 

Only if it's a contest to see who can be the quietest!   

Crabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
Brailyn

The Quiet Type

I hope it's not PVP as I basically am horrible at PVP. Maybe it will be trivia, or lore debates. Maybe we could even have a group session to see who could quickly level up to "X" and kill "Y"

Brailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Raevin

The Quiet Type

Brailyn wrote:

I hope it's not PVP as I basically am horrible at PVP. Maybe it will be trivia, or lore debates. Maybe we could even have a group session to see who could quickly level up to "X" and kill "Y"

It's always a group.  The last two years have been new dungeon runs, and the group that got the farthest won.  Three years ago, it was a group leveling challenge in Neriak, the team that got their group to the highest level overall won.