EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
1badbear

The Quiet Type

I had a blast just like I did the year before. Love the live star wars event never had a chance to play my wookiee before out side of game lots of fun....good for negotiations too. But my best time was winning the costume contest. I was really floored I honestly didnt expect to even make 10 finalist more less top winner. FF2009 was already a winner weekend for my wife and I the contest was a deffent icying on the cake. Thanks for cheering for me  I'll deffentely be back and lookforward to another 6+ years of SWG. Oh and for the irony of it all, wearing a Vader costume and Im a Elder Jedi Rebel in game , my naughty side needed to come out What happens in Vegas ends up on youtube!!!

1badbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Mirs

Congrats on the win! You made me laugh with that Imperial Walker sign.

Mirsad - The Pirate Captain

Mirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
Fromage

Forum Champion

Mirsad wrote:

Congrats on the win! You made me laugh with that Imperial Walker sign.

hehe.. same here! And, the brownie was a riot too! Excellent RP there on stage.

Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
Raevin

The Quiet Type

I really should have hit Brenlo with my whip.

Raevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
Shailas

Happy Camper

I thought you were going to do so.  SMILEY

The costumes looked great all around though...bravo!

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #6
Mirs

At least I was able to put a parrot hat on him. That was funny.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
So

Seriously, I want to say that I was very much impressed by the cosplayers.  This would include you mr pirate (and good comedy actiion too) =) and Raevin and mr imperial walker darth vader.   So cool! SMILEY))

-- Hungry Ogre Warrior Sowy from Seventh Hammer, Everquest 1

So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
So

I'll post my pix with yall in a second!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
So

are some of them.  Again, thank you for allowing me the honor to have a picture with yall.

Also I hope I shrunk them enough to not lag everyone.   Awesome cosplay inc:

Here

I have others too, just didn't want to spam the forum with too much. SMILEY

Old 06-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #10
Elinea

The Quiet Type

The highlights of the costume contest for me were:

Mr. Vader and his Imperial Walker

Brownie guardian

Siren

The ranger who fell down dead on the stage

By the end of the night my stomache and cheeks ached from laughing so much SMILEY

Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
So

wow SMILEY didnt mean to post them all sideways.   Wish I could edit it and fix it but I guess I need 100 posts. SMILEY

Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #12
Turlach

Happy Camper

Congrats Lord Vader on your win and your 6th year anniversary with SWG! I had an equally awesome and fun time the entire weekend too.

Mirsad, you are a comic GENIUS my friend. Sooo entertaining. I thought you were a paid actor!

For what its worth Raevin, I think your costume knocked a lot of peoples socks off. There were sooo many awesome costumes, I'm sure it was extremely hard for the judges to pick. And yes, you should have whipped Brenlo SMILEY

~The Siren

Turlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
Mirs

Thanks... I just wanted to bring a little magic to the event. I dont care if I won the contest. I just wanted to win the Everquest live quest and our team did.

I hope you all enjoyed the floating table.

Cheers,

Mirsad

Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #14
Mistress_of_Nihili

I lost to a Fury!     It's the Warden's fate, I suppose.  But I did notice an extreme lack of Dark Elf love in the final contestants.  What did they do, bound and gag Kiara and Aerelik so they couldn't vote for one of the 5 of us?  Hehe.

Mistress_of_Nihili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
Kela

Master

Mistress_of_Nihility wrote:

I lost to a Fury!     It's the Warden's fate, I suppose.  But I did notice an extreme lack of Dark Elf love in the final contestants.  What did they do, bound and gag Kiara and Aerelik so they couldn't vote for one of the 5 of us?  Hehe.

Sorry about that I think Kiara was passed out from a Sugar Crash after Obann gave her 12 Giant Pixy Stix, and I followed up my Quote Pryamid with another bag of standard ones. SMILEY

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
Raijinn

Community Relations

Hey I just wanted to give you all a shout out and say THANK YOU from us here at SOE. You'll probably see tons of write ups from all of us here and it does sound a bit cliche but this was probably the best Fan Faire that I have been a part of.

Thanks everyone for coming out, you were all awesome!

Raijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:54 AM   #17
Matt_NZ

Board Veteran

Grats on the win!  Those of us at the Chilastra table all had a /giggle at the Imperial Walker reference SMILEY  Was good to see SWG representing too SMILEY

I have to thank SOE for the pair of headphones I won (and the Han Solo figurine I won at a SWG panel), just because I traveled all the way from NZ SMILEY  Was definetly worth the trip and I'm certain I'll be making the trip again in the future to be a part of the fan faire experience. 

Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
1badbear

The Quiet Type

Mirsad wrote:

Thanks... I just wanted to bring a little magic to the event. I dont care if I won the contest. I just wanted to win the Everquest live quest and our team did.

I hope you all enjoyed the floating table.

Cheers,

Mirsad

Magic Rocks! SAM member now 40+ years. You pulled that off great, hehe even gave me Idea for my next costume and pulling some tricks out of my old bag (not the wife lol) 

Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #19
Beadil

Journeyman

Fromage wrote:

hehe.. same here! And, the brownie was a riot too! Excellent RP there on stage.

Heh, the "brownie" costume was from our allaince guild, she got robbed not making it to the finals, and Brenlo didn't even recognize her as a brownie??  yes, excellent RP too.  The Siren was the "best" costume imho, LOTS of work put into that costume!

Beadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #20
Fromage

Forum Champion

Beadil wrote:

Heh, the "brownie" costume was from our allaince guild, she got robbed not making it to the finals, and Brenlo didn't even recognize her as a brownie??  yes, excellent RP too.  The Siren was the "best" costume imho, LOTS of work put into that costume!

heh... my favorite was Rijacki as the Bixie Queen.. but I'm biased. She's a friend of mine. The brownie however.. was excellent.. she even RP'd in line before the banquet which was awesome. SMILEY

Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #21
1badbear

The Quiet Type

My wife and friends said I should post what I waisted my prize on. about 200 on the wife she got a shopping spree ( need brownie points banked away) about 75 on music and dvds we been wanting and the rest went to my fav magic shop got some realy awesome props to add to my show now. Dont look for me on the strip performing hehe I do mostly churches and rec centers. As to the costumes I really think I should taken 3rd with the 3 of us that were left, Siren was awesome but I felt the tiger guy should got it but then again magic , tigers naturally I'm gonna side that way lol. I look forward to next year already working on my costume from FreeRealms, do not expect to see my large frame with pixie wings lol. Ranger cracked me up from what I could see the brownie needs to join the dark side I like her agreesion heheh, stinks the paladin got forgotten till the end I loved your costume dude looked killer from what I could see behind the fogged up lenes. Oh well FF09 was a total blast for me loved getting to pick the brain of some of the people behind DCO and SWG. 

God bless till next time...