EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #31
Gealaen_Gaiamancer

Loremaster
Gealaen_Gaiamancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Unrest
Posts: 157
Default

General_Info wrote:

go get yourself an AA mirror and setup a crafting and 'serious adventure' template so you can alternate between them.

I have AA mirrors set up in various houses so that I can swap between High Heal Adventuring (for grouping), High DPS Adventuring (for soloing) and Harvest/Tradeskill/General Survivability Hybrid.  I also have bags of alternate gear to further enhance each of those AA specializations (generally the same kind of item for the two Adventuring specs, just with reforge and adorns better suited to Heals vs Melee DPS)--not quite full sets for each spec, but still a fair amount of stuff to carry around.

How often do I swap these layouts and that gear around?

 

Wait for it ...

 

Not too often.  It's too much like work, most of the time.  Unless I'm about to get into a serious crafting run (100 or more combines--and that doesn't happen too often anymore) I usually don't bother swapping to Crafting spec and gear.  Sometimes I don't even bother swapping to the Healing spec when I get a group, I just change stance and a few pieces of gear to be fully capable of keeping effective groupmates alive.  Sometimes I get done a group and go to switch back to solo spec and gear ... and realize I've been set that way the whole time with no problem anyway!

I guess if I was more of a parse-wh... parse-watcher, razor-edge min/maxing would be more critical.  But given a generally high level of effectiveness in any of the three general playstyles that I favor (dungeon crawling, overland adventuring/exploring and crafting) I don't generally don't bother with the alternate settings I so painstakingly set up in the first place.

(TL;DR version starts here:)

All that said ... I'm not certain that there is a "problem" that needs to be fixed.  You really don't need to spend any AA points in the Tradeskill options to be an effective crafter or harvester.  I agree with other posters who commented that for most classes there are often 20-40 pts worth of "adventuring" AA options that can be ignored in favor of tradeskill picks if you so desired them!

I will comment that I liked the idea of (IF there was a sep TS AA pool) making TS AA earned only through TS achievements/quests/combines.  Not through TS leveling, though--the "Prestige Point" model works well enough for that, but we don't need a TS Prestige Point system.

 

Edited to get rid of smiley where it didn't belong.

__________________
Fight with honor and triumph!

Gealaen_Gaiamancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #32
Faecia

Lorekeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16
Default

I'm all about separating TS and adventure AAs....SO LONG AS: One cannot earn more than the amount of AAs necessary to cap the tradeskill tree through crafting(ie you can't use AA you earn from crafting in the adventure trees) and one cannot spend AAs they earned while adventuring in the TS tree.

Faecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #33
Asif

Loremaster
Asif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 391
Default

shots01 wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

I’m not sure about others but having to go to house to swop out AA lines is a waste of my time if you happen to be out about harvesting & adventuring and want the maximum AA for both.

Also, it just like the Tradeskill armor…why can’t we benefit from both? Why not add a separate TS armor tab for Tradeskill armor that we can maybe check to be in effect or not if out an about?

This having to swop out is tedious and one of biggest things I really hate about this game because I have bag slots filled with this and sure could more room when adventuring.

I tend to agree which is why I don't use AA mirrors.  Too much of a pain in the neck.

I too agree i have 8- 92/92/320  toons all have mirrors but NEVER use them for tradeskilling saves its just not worth the time and effort to change it out.

I think we should have like 92/92/320/40 ( 0nly useable when doing TS stuff or gathering ) keep it simple.

Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #34
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Asif wrote:

I too agree i have 8- 92/92/320  toons all have mirrors but NEVER use them for tradeskilling saves its just not worth the time and effort to change it out.

I think we should have like 92/92/320/40 ( 0nly useable when doing TS stuff or gathering ) keep it simple.

just because you can put 40 points into tradeskill doesn't mean you should or that SOE should let you spend 40 points in it *if* they split tradeskill AAs from adventure AAs.

anyway personally i think they intended to have the system as-is those who dont tradeskill can use those extra 20 points on adventure AAs and those that do pure tradeskill can with those that do both having to pick and choose between them.

I believe that if they didn't add the tradeskill AA boces we wouldn't have gotten an AA cap boost and if they made them seperate from the get go i dont think they would have set the TS AA investment cap to 40.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #35
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 335
Default

Tradeskill and adventure levels were always different before, so having to give up aa points for crafting is kind of a change in philosophy, and it's annoying, and going to my mirror for every combine is annoying. 

What I'd like is the ability to spend aa in the first row of each adventure tree to get an equal number of tradeskill aa, thus fulfilling the "spend X points here on total junk" requirements to get my endlines.  Then I could go to the tradeskill panel to allocate them to the actual tradeskill aa.  That way, even though I'm giving up aa for tradeskills, at least I can use them as "points spent" prereq's at the same time.

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #36
Zabjade

Loremaster
Zabjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,631
Default

Hmm So refund the AA's currently in the Tradeskill area, and set up Prestige points based on Tradeskill quests in journal completed and level?

If that is what you are suggesting, I'm all for that!

__________________
Zabjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #37
Kuulei

Tester
Kuulei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 468
Default

Its not like the separation can't be done!

Look at how they set up the Beastlord's AA's for their warders.  Each warder type (in some cases up to 17 if you include the additional boar from the collector's edition and the 4 warders from aa Tame Exotic Warder) has a sperate tab and each tab gets up to 40 AA's to spend.

I Think the hardest hit are the players that Adventure and Craft.

As an avid crafter, do I forego the crafting aa's so my healing is up to par?  You bet I do.

What I have lost however, is the ability to have a group and raid AA setup or a Heal and Solo setup and keep a tradeskill / gathering AA setup.

They NEED to re-evaluate this, rather than forcing me to forget my passion for tradeskilling effectively.

__________________
Kuulei ~ Warden of Test
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #38
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Kuulei wrote:

As an avid crafter, do I forego the crafting aa's so my healing is up to par?  You bet I do.

What I have lost however, is the ability to have a group and raid AA setup or a Heal and Solo setup and keep a tradeskill / gathering AA setup.

They NEED to re-evaluate this, rather than forcing me to forget my passion for tradeskilling effectively.

you havent lost anything by force. spending zero AAs in the tradeskill tab is almost like before they added the tab in the first place the only difference is you get 20 more aas to spend.

The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that? why dont you ask them to seperate AAs into specific types for all of the tabs at the same time?

It is your own choice on where to spend them and not soe. you have tfour options spend all your AA in adventure, spend 300 AAs in adventure and 20 in tradeskill, spend 280 in adventure and 40 in tradeskill or any mixture of the two.

you havent 'lost' anything you have gained an additional 20 AA points to allocate where you choose.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #39
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos
Rank: MARSHALS (Crafters)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 703
Default

General_Info wrote

 

you havent lost anything by force. spending zero AAs in the tradeskill tab is almost like before they added the tab in the first place the only difference is you get 20 more aas to spend.

The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that? why dont you ask them to seperate AAs into specific types for all of the tabs at the same time?

It is your own choice on where to spend them and not soe. you have tfour options spend all your AA in adventure, spend 300 AAs in adventure and 20 in tradeskill, spend 280 in adventure and 40 in tradeskill or any mixture of the two.

you havent 'lost' anything you have gained an additional 20 AA points to allocate where you choose.

"You havent lost anything by force?" I beg to differ for we are forced to go down one aa or the other

"The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that?" undermine what? Tradeskill and adventuring are to seperate things so why be forced to choose between one or the other. Designed as a pick and choose? umm.. who really does this for most peeps I know go down the same certain aa's trees with a few exceptions because as I said before going to AA mirror everytime you want to do something different is tedious so most adventuring types stay with the same AA line up no matter what they are doing.

It is your own choice on where to spend them? I don't think so for you are forced to go down certain AA Trees before others and that is not a choice.

__________________
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #40
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Cinnimon wrote:

It is your own choice on where to spend them? I don't think so for you are forced to go down certain AA Trees before others and that is not a choice.

there is always a choice saying otherwise is a cop out. if you need to spend X points in one tree to be able to invest in another is not forcing you to invest those points into the required tree. you choose wether or not to spend those points

are you being coerced in any shape or form to spend those points? no

has someone made threats towards you if you dont invest points where they tell you to? no

*If*, where and when you invest you AA points is your choice and yours alone

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #41
Meirril

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,552
Default

Cinnimon wrote:

General_Info wrote

 

you havent lost anything by force. spending zero AAs in the tradeskill tab is almost like before they added the tab in the first place the only difference is you get 20 more aas to spend.

The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that? why dont you ask them to seperate AAs into specific types for all of the tabs at the same time?

It is your own choice on where to spend them and not soe. you have tfour options spend all your AA in adventure, spend 300 AAs in adventure and 20 in tradeskill, spend 280 in adventure and 40 in tradeskill or any mixture of the two.

you havent 'lost' anything you have gained an additional 20 AA points to allocate where you choose.

"You havent lost anything by force?" I beg to differ for we are forced to go down one aa or the other

"The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that?" undermine what? Tradeskill and adventuring are to seperate things so why be forced to choose between one or the other. Designed as a pick and choose? umm.. who really does this for most peeps I know go down the same certain aa's trees with a few exceptions because as I said before going to AA mirror everytime you want to do something different is tedious so most adventuring types stay with the same AA line up no matter what they are doing.

It is your own choice on where to spend them? I don't think so for you are forced to go down certain AA Trees before others and that is not a choice.

One or the other? There are several trees that you go down. You arn't allowed to invest in most of the trees until you make certain prerequisits (including the tradeskill tree) but where you spend those points (especially within those trees) is entirely up to you.

Now people do tend to spend the points in exactly the same place because they desire the same performance from their characters as someone else gets with a certain AA build. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a pick and choose system, rather it means most people make the same choices. I'd actually argue that the tradeskill tree is one of the few that won't look like a copy from one tradeskiller to the next. Sure anyone with 30 points probably has trim reaver and mass concervation but the other 20 points won't always be the same. Some crafters will even spend 40 points for a reason I do not understand.

As for people saying its not worth switching, I fully understand. 90% of the time I craft on my main in my adventuring build. Even making superior adornments isn't a good enough reason for me to switch to a crafting build. But that is my own choice, I have the full ability to switch into a crafting build when the occasion calls for it, I just choose not to. Just like I choose to have a mirror made and set up a crafting build in the first place.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos
Rank: MARSHALS (Crafters)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 703
Default

Meirril wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

General_Info wrote

 

you havent lost anything by force. spending zero AAs in the tradeskill tab is almost like before they added the tab in the first place the only difference is you get 20 more aas to spend.

The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that? why dont you ask them to seperate AAs into specific types for all of the tabs at the same time?

It is your own choice on where to spend them and not soe. you have tfour options spend all your AA in adventure, spend 300 AAs in adventure and 20 in tradeskill, spend 280 in adventure and 40 in tradeskill or any mixture of the two.

you havent 'lost' anything you have gained an additional 20 AA points to allocate where you choose.

"You havent lost anything by force?" I beg to differ for we are forced to go down one aa or the other

"The AA system is designed as a pick and choose system and you want to undermine that?" undermine what? Tradeskill and adventuring are to seperate things so why be forced to choose between one or the other. Designed as a pick and choose? umm.. who really does this for most peeps I know go down the same certain aa's trees with a few exceptions because as I said before going to AA mirror everytime you want to do something different is tedious so most adventuring types stay with the same AA line up no matter what they are doing.

It is your own choice on where to spend them? I don't think so for you are forced to go down certain AA Trees before others and that is not a choice.

One or the other? There are several trees that you go down. You arn't allowed to invest in most of the trees until you make certain prerequisits (including the tradeskill tree) but where you spend those points (especially within those trees) is entirely up to you.

Now people do tend to spend the points in exactly the same place because they desire the same performance from their characters as someone else gets with a certain AA build. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a pick and choose system, rather it means most people make the same choices. I'd actually argue that the tradeskill tree is one of the few that won't look like a copy from one tradeskiller to the next. Sure anyone with 30 points probably has trim reaver and mass concervation but the other 20 points won't always be the same. Some crafters will even spend 40 points for a reason I do not understand.

As for people saying its not worth switching, I fully understand. 90% of the time I craft on my main in my adventuring build. Even making superior adornments isn't a good enough reason for me to switch to a crafting build. But that is my own choice, I have the full ability to switch into a crafting build when the occasion calls for it, I just choose not to. Just like I choose to have a mirror made and set up a crafting build in the first place.

So you feel that is your choice? OK, well I do feel forced to do one or the other when neither are related to each other in a sense of DPS generally verses TS perks.

The only question why be against a suggestion? It can make "the choice" you call so much easier if TS AA tree was seperate from adventuring.

The way it seems set up now is tradeskills is the same as adventuring so the choice is yours but Tradeskills is NOT the same as adventuring so they should be seperated.

__________________
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #43
Eridu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Medieval Syndicate
Rank: Warlord

Loremaster
Eridu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 229
Default

General_Info wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

It is your own choice on where to spend them? I don't think so for you are forced to go down certain AA Trees before others and that is not a choice.

there is always a choice saying otherwise is a cop out. if you need to spend X points in one tree to be able to invest in another is not forcing you to invest those points into the required tree. you choose wether or not to spend those points

are you being coerced in any shape or form to spend those points? no

has someone made threats towards you if you dont invest points where they tell you to? no

*If*, where and when you invest you AA points is your choice and yours alone

1) Why do you care about this?  You'd really need to state that to be offering a valid opinion, short of that, it's merely some prejudice you've inexplicably decided to forum warrior over.  There's so much of THAT on these forums that it often passes for fact or informed opinion but still, it ain't.  Reiterated prejudice, aka repeated uninformed opinion retained contrary to any other evidence has no value.

2) in other parts of this thread you talk as if the 20 additional AA's from AoD where put there for the TS tree, ah no they were put there to sell the expansion, since it was  "Feature" expansion.  They were put there to spend, and spend in the non-TS tree. 

3) Choice, yes another great forum kneejerk genius truism.  The thread's about widening choice and options.  No one is forced or coerced to log in but having logged in they get to have reactions to the mechanics and content presented them.  No one is forced to pay a subscription month after month but having paid that subscription, people as paying customers of a service, are entitled to request or suggest or demand a refinement of that service for which we've paid.  This is an entertainment product.  It should therefor be entertaining, and should, wherever possible, maximize that entertainment for the payer/player.  The OP asked for Convenience gawd forbid there be less tedium in an entertainment product.

Now as for the disingenuous "no one is forcing.." haha.  Like any group would knowingly put up with "I have 40 points in my AA TS tree".  At this point in the game they should just open up AA advancement to fill out the trees completely instead of adding even any more Prestige abilities. They have an easier time with class balance and encounter design. 

These forums have gotten so incredibly useless I truly hope the Devs HAVE stopped reading even redactions of them.

Eridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #44
pentaur

Lord
pentaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Why would you change the entire AA system by adding in seperate Tradeskill AA's and create even more work for the dev team when the real issue isn't the AA's at all?

 The REAL issue is with mirrors being a pain to use; if people could switch on the fly and not have to run to a house to switch then this whole arguement would fade away...

I think you would get much more of a realistic responce and an accual change by advocating some sort of improvment to AA mirrors rather then a whole new system.

pentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #45
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

1) Why do you care about this?  You'd really need to state that to be offering a valid opinion, short of that, it's merely some prejudice you've inexplicably decided to forum warrior over.  There's so much of THAT on these forums that it often passes for fact or informed opinion but still, it ain't.  Reiterated prejudice, aka repeated uninformed opinion retained contrary to any other evidence has no value.

2) in other parts of this thread you talk as if the 20 additional AA's from AoD where put there for the TS tree, ah no they were put there to sell the expansion, since it was  "Feature" expansion.  They were put there to spend, and spend in the non-TS tree. 

3) Choice, yes another great forum kneejerk genius truism.  The thread's about widening choice and options.  No one is forced or coerced to log in but having logged in they get to have reactions to the mechanics and content presented them.  No one is forced to pay a subscription month after month but having paid that subscription, people as paying customers of a service, are entitled to request or suggest or demand a refinement of that service for which we've paid.  This is an entertainment product.  It should therefor be entertaining, and should, wherever possible, maximize that entertainment for the payer/player.  The OP asked for Convenience gawd forbid there be less tedium in an entertainment product.

Now as for the disingenuous "no one is forcing.." haha.  Like any group would knowingly put up with "I have 40 points in my AA TS tree".  At this point in the game they should just open up AA advancement to fill out the trees completely instead of adding even any more Prestige abilities. They have an easier time with class balance and encounter design. 

These forums have gotten so incredibly useless I truly hope the Devs HAVE stopped reading even redactions of them.

1&2) when you ask someone for something you might get it but you won't like the consequences. given the fact the tradeskill aa and the aa boost of 20 at the same time it is reasonable to assume they wanted us the free choice to use those point where we wanted. if they seperated the aa pools i dont think they would give you more aas to spend. in my oppinion being able to pick and choose where to put ALL your aa points is what makes every tree balanced.

3) consider for a moment they did do as requested but subtracted AAs from the adventure cap to put into TS AAs. what would that achieve, oh yes more choice for those that want it they can have a *top combat AA build* and *top crafter build* and not have to worry about non-crafters being more powerful in combat then them. But this would be removing choice from others at the same time.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #46
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,982
Default

what I don't get is I see no reason, at all, to up the aa. hell 300 points was MORE then enough for me to get every possible relevant adventure aa as a paladin. every single one. and the twenty extra point I put in bountiful harvest/harvesting...bcuase really..there's nothign else in the tradeskill tree of any real value.

a 6% chance to save your items? big deal. since that 6% means that yes, in 100 combines only 6 will get 'saved'. I don't know about some tradeskills...but those that don't make consumables probably are lucky if we'd ever see that proc enough to make spending all the aa to get it worthwhile. (even if I had the aa to spend, I wouldn't. I'd save it for adventuring stuff for later.)

with a bountiful harvest potion, the Qho cloak, and my shawl I can get lower teir rares by the bucketfull. especially in Odus/KoS were they are all nicely segregated. heck even in WL where you gotta hunt down all the nodes. I got 10 rares in 1 hour of my potion being up.

other then arrows, alchemy potions, and maybe furniture...who really tradeskills things enough that 6% is make or break?

and with the harvesting aa only, you can recover your rares almost as fast as you use them. and I have yet to see on any toon I play (warlock/necro/paladin/beastlord) a situation where 300 aa won't get me every decent adventure aa I could want. which leaves 20 for the ts tree..and all I've ever seen a need for there 20 aa covers quite nicely.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #47
Zivgar

Loremaster
Zivgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 132
Default

General_Info wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

1) Why do you care about this?  You'd really need to state that to be offering a valid opinion, short of that, it's merely some prejudice you've inexplicably decided to forum warrior over.  There's so much of THAT on these forums that it often passes for fact or informed opinion but still, it ain't.  Reiterated prejudice, aka repeated uninformed opinion retained contrary to any other evidence has no value.

2) in other parts of this thread you talk as if the 20 additional AA's from AoD where put there for the TS tree, ah no they were put there to sell the expansion, since it was  "Feature" expansion.  They were put there to spend, and spend in the non-TS tree. 

3) Choice, yes another great forum kneejerk genius truism.  The thread's about widening choice and options.  No one is forced or coerced to log in but having logged in they get to have reactions to the mechanics and content presented them.  No one is forced to pay a subscription month after month but having paid that subscription, people as paying customers of a service, are entitled to request or suggest or demand a refinement of that service for which we've paid.  This is an entertainment product.  It should therefor be entertaining, and should, wherever possible, maximize that entertainment for the payer/player.  The OP asked for Convenience gawd forbid there be less tedium in an entertainment product.

Now as for the disingenuous "no one is forcing.." haha.  Like any group would knowingly put up with "I have 40 points in my AA TS tree".  At this point in the game they should just open up AA advancement to fill out the trees completely instead of adding even any more Prestige abilities. They have an easier time with class balance and encounter design. 

These forums have gotten so incredibly useless I truly hope the Devs HAVE stopped reading even redactions of them.

1&2) when you ask someone for something you might get it but you won't like the consequences. given the fact the tradeskill aa and the aa boost of 20 at the same time it is reasonable to assume they wanted us the free choice to use those point where we wanted. if they seperated the aa pools i dont think they would give you more aas to spend. in my oppinion being able to pick and choose where to put ALL your aa points is what makes every tree balanced.

3) consider for a moment they did do as requested but subtracted AAs from the adventure cap to put into TS AAs. what would that achieve, oh yes more choice for those that want it they can have a *top combat AA build* and *top crafter build* and not have to worry about non-crafters being more powerful in combat then them. But this would be removing choice from others at the same time.

The tradeskill AA tree was before the 20 AA gotten from AoD so you are wrong there. Of course they intended those 20 points to be put into the adventure AA tree. They did it to max out those trees thats why the number choosen was 20. That maxxed out each of the trees, so now its 100/100 in class, 100/100 in subclass, and 70/70 in shadow.

You said that it is your opinion that being able top pick and choose where to put all your AA points is what makes every tree balanced. You have to remember that tradeskills are a different part of the game, so I don't see how it would be to inbalance anything if SoE created 40 Tradeskill AA's that is seperate from Adventure AA's. I do that now, but using a mirror is so annoying to switch back and forth that is not what I want to spend my time doing. That is my choice and why I support this idea in however to ends up being implemented

Your number 3 comment just doesn't make sense, they will never get rid of 20 AA's if they did this seperation so stop suggesting it and using it as something to prove your weak point. As I stated above the TS AA tree was in the game allready even before AoD came out with the 20 extra AAs. So this would not remove any choice, but adding an option to the people who have both max level adventurer class and max level tradeskill class to be able to use what they took the time to level up at the best they can be.

Why should I be less than just a pure crafter? or less than a pure adventurer? I have spent the same amount of time on each aspect of this game as them, but then have to pick which I have to make better? That doesn't make sense to me. Again that is why I have no problem with creating some system to seperate them. 

Zivgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #48
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

While I don't disagree these things should be in game, since macros became drag & drop to create, I don't find it tedius to swap, I have my gear, crafting, tinkering, transmuting macros on each crafter & just click the button. But please add the OP's suggestion, which has been requested many times over the years. We shouldn't have to waste 1 AA spec for crafting while those who don't craft get to have a group and a solo AA spec. (though I'm not maxed on AAs, since I don't have a lot of time to play & haven't closely examined the trees lately, so for all I know once you are max you have more than enough for everything)

Cinnimon wrote:

I’m not sure about others but having to go to house to swop out AA lines is a waste of my time if you happen to be out about harvesting & adventuring and want the maximum AA for both.

Also, it just like the Tradeskill armor…why can’t we benefit from both? Why not add a separate TS armor tab for Tradeskill armor that we can maybe check to be in effect or not if out an about?

This having to swop out is tedious and one of biggest things I really hate about this game because I have bag slots filled with this and sure could more room when adventuring.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #49
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

While I don't disagree these things should be in game, since macros became drag & drop to create, I don't find it tedius to swap, I have my gear, crafting, tinkering, transmuting macros on each crafter & just click the button. But please add the OP's suggestion, which has been requested many times over the years. We shouldn't have to waste 1 AA spec for crafting while those who don't craft get to have a group and a solo AA spec. (though I'm not maxed on AAs, since I don't have a lot of time to play & haven't closely examined the trees lately, so for all I know once you are max you have more than enough for everything)

I'm curious would you be happy enough if they simple made it so you could carry around your aa mirror in a bag and use it directly from your inventory?

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #50
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

While I don't disagree these things should be in game, since macros became drag & drop to create, I don't find it tedius to swap, I have my gear, crafting, tinkering, transmuting macros on each crafter & just click the button. But please add the OP's suggestion, which has been requested many times over the years. We shouldn't have to waste 1 AA spec for crafting while those who don't craft get to have a group and a solo AA spec. (though I'm not maxed on AAs, since I don't have a lot of time to play & haven't closely examined the trees lately, so for all I know once you are max you have more than enough for everything)

Cinnimon wrote:

I’m not sure about others but having to go to house to swop out AA lines is a waste of my time if you happen to be out about harvesting & adventuring and want the maximum AA for both.

Also, it just like the Tradeskill armor…why can’t we benefit from both? Why not add a separate TS armor tab for Tradeskill armor that we can maybe check to be in effect or not if out an about?

This having to swop out is tedious and one of biggest things I really hate about this game because I have bag slots filled with this and sure could more room when adventuring.

Get another house, put another AA mirror in it. Then you can have a tradeskill/harvesting spec, group spec and a solo spec.

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #51
Zivgar

Loremaster
Zivgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 132
Default

General_Info wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

While I don't disagree these things should be in game, since macros became drag & drop to create, I don't find it tedius to swap, I have my gear, crafting, tinkering, transmuting macros on each crafter & just click the button. But please add the OP's suggestion, which has been requested many times over the years. We shouldn't have to waste 1 AA spec for crafting while those who don't craft get to have a group and a solo AA spec. (though I'm not maxed on AAs, since I don't have a lot of time to play & haven't closely examined the trees lately, so for all I know once you are max you have more than enough for everything)

I'm curious would you be happy enough if they simple made it so you could carry around your aa mirror in a bag and use it directly from your inventory?

No because as my Swashbuckler it resets my poisons which is annoying and those aren't cheap using 92 MC poisons.

Plus it cancels all buffs, mounts, and anything else you have on.

Its not a major issue, but if they just made this switch I feel the game would overall be a better experience. I have yet to hear a good reason for this not to happen.

Zivgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #52
SiegaPlays

Loremaster
SiegaPlays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 179
Default

I use three gear macros to switch out between harvesting, crafting and adventuring gear and it works perfectly well.

My only objection to the current gear system is the inventory space. Naturally I'd prefer the Vanguard solution with a craft gear tab. If crafting quests got extended to cover all gear slots from crafting rewards, it could be awesome. I had to break up the lvl 75 crafting sets to fit in the shawl, which kinda seemed odd to me, would have been awesome of the shawl was a shawl = shoulder item.

Since I do not group much, I usually run around in my solo/crafting AA spec, but I have been in the situation of forgetting to switch too 

__________________
Siega/Dangara, retired European player

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

-------------------------------------------------------------
SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #53
gdawg311

Loremaster
gdawg311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Long Island NY!
Posts: 218
Default

If only Domino was still around and our TS dev, u might see something like this make it into the game =/

gdawg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #54
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Seiffil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 854
Default

Zivgar wrote:

General_Info wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

While I don't disagree these things should be in game, since macros became drag & drop to create, I don't find it tedius to swap, I have my gear, crafting, tinkering, transmuting macros on each crafter & just click the button. But please add the OP's suggestion, which has been requested many times over the years. We shouldn't have to waste 1 AA spec for crafting while those who don't craft get to have a group and a solo AA spec. (though I'm not maxed on AAs, since I don't have a lot of time to play & haven't closely examined the trees lately, so for all I know once you are max you have more than enough for everything)

I'm curious would you be happy enough if they simple made it so you could carry around your aa mirror in a bag and use it directly from your inventory?

No because as my Swashbuckler it resets my poisons which is annoying and those aren't cheap using 92 MC poisons.

Plus it cancels all buffs, mounts, and anything else you have on.

Its not a major issue, but if they just made this switch I feel the game would overall be a better experience. I have yet to hear a good reason for this not to happen.

Do you really think someone will notice that your swashbuckler isn't using MC poisons or potions in a heroic setting?  The new poisons actually make poison somewhat worthwhile now, but the advantage of the MC poisons over the HC poisons isn't worth the cost when I'm just running around.  As it is now, the only time I actually think about changing the AA specs is when I'm crafting something with rare items, whether it's a harvested rare, Reactant, superior adornments, or some of the various TS items from Skyshrine chests.

I would absolutely LOVE to have an item which allows me to swap AA specs between 2 different specs.  Yes it will cost me a little bit in the poisons I have up, but the cost is generally not too much of an issue.  If you have a level 92 toon, you can probably make up the plat lost from swapping in maybe 5-20 minutes.  People have been asking for a portable AA mirror for probably the last several years at this point, this wouldn't just help crafters but also adventurers.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #55
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

((

The purpose of this thread is to request a CHANGE to the current system, to one that we on this thread believe would be better for crafters and better for adventurer/crafters, whilst at the same time having no impact whatsoever on adventurers who do not craft.

In such a CHANGED system:

- Every adventurer can spend 320 AA in adventuring AA, whether they are a crafter or not. This balances adventuring for adventurer/crafters compared to pure adventurers, and has absolutely zero impact on pure adventurers.

- Every crafter can spend however many crafting AA are available (I'd suggest 20 to start with), regardless of whether they are an adventurer or not.

Yes, every adventurer/crafter would then be able to earn 320 AA adventuring and 20 AA crafting, in the same way she can currently earn 92 levels in adventuring and 92 levels in crafting.

This is the aim: To separate the pools completely, and allow each sphere to be developed separately. But this is not just a solution for adventurer/crafters who are currently forced to choose adventuring or crafting AA, who would then be able to choose both. It is also a fantastic idea for all crafters for the future.

Crafting AA development can then move forward in future expansions/updates without worrying about impact on adventuring at all. Separate pools is the way to go, for all crafters and adventurer/crafters alike.

And there is no downside! (well, apart from people who consider any developer work on crafting to be a waste of time, but I am never going to see eye-to-eye with that attitude so it's wasting time even having such a debate).

Once again, you do not need to agree, but that is our feedback ))

(( A few months on, and having seen the separation of Adventuring and Crafting AA is on the agenda for the new expansion, I am very pleased for all adventurer/crafters!! Well done SOE on this. SMILEY ))

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #56
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos
Rank: MARSHALS (Crafters)

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 703
Default

I am happy to know they finally have separated Tradeskill AA from adventuring.

Now we need them add another gear tab onto the character UI window for Tradeskill armor...

__________________
Firecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #57
yohann koldheart

Loremaster
yohann koldheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: harrisburg,PA
Posts: 1,601
Default

Cinnimon wrote:

I am happy to know they finally have separated Tradeskill AA from adventuring.

you say that now, wait till we are grinding 40 aa's on top of the 3 new levels of crafting all with writs.

if they are seperating the aa's we wont get crafting aa for adventuring stuff, so be prepaired to grind ...

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #58
Finora

Tester
Finora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,423
Default

yohann koldheart wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

I am happy to know they finally have separated Tradeskill AA from adventuring.

you say that now, wait till we are grinding 40 aa's on top of the 3 new levels of crafting all with writs.

if they are seperating the aa's we wont get crafting aa for adventuring stuff, so be prepaired to grind ...

Have you even actually been on beta to see how it works? It will take almost no effort to get those 40 tradeskill aas. Furthermore I think existing crafters over a certain level (like 20 or so) will very likely get the aa autogranted since they'd have already done the work to gain them already.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #59
Cloudrat

Tester
Cloudrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,560
Default

[email protected] wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

I am happy to know they finally have separated Tradeskill AA from adventuring.

you say that now, wait till we are grinding 40 aa's on top of the 3 new levels of crafting all with writs.

if they are seperating the aa's we wont get crafting aa for adventuring stuff, so be prepaired to grind ...

Have you even actually been on beta to see how it works? It will take almost no effort to get those 40 tradeskill aas. Furthermore I think existing crafters over a certain level (like 20 or so) will very likely get the aa autogranted since they'd have already done the work to gain them already.

Yes, I remember they did that when they added adventuring aa lol  But I am more concerned with, 40 aa from 90 levels of crafting and questing for crafters and 320 for adventuring yeah that sounds about right SMILEY

__________________
Cloudrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.