EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Jacquotte
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

all eq2 music is in 128kbit mp3 format, which was aceptable back in 2005

it would be nice if there wsa an option to have high quality music in 320kbit or high vbr mp3

the eq2 music is really nice and the difference from the collectors edition soundtrack from the 2004 launch package and the actual ingame files is like night and day

it would be a great addition to an already amazing game

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Britefire

Loremaster

While I agreem, that would be an amazinfg addition, I am not so sure SOE could pull it off.

If there isn't a high-quality backup somewhere, then SOE would probably have to redo the music, and I am not sure they would be able to get the same feel of the music back.

While I could see it working for new music, I don't trusst SOE to be able to redo all of the music in high quality.

If they manage to redo it with the same quality though, it would be one of the most amazing things done to the game in a long time!

Britefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Merodos

Journeyman

There is a HQ version of the original EQ2 soundtrack on CD that came with the collector's edition.  Not sure if the other expansions do or not.

Merodos is offline   Reply With Quote