EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #31
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

This drop rate is still hosed up. 

8 Crafters all at 90 have only missed 10 days of dailies ( they were all in a row ) total of 3 reactants.

Not 3 per crafter.  Thats 3 out of all of em.  The drop rate or chance to get a Colo is well below 1% or the RGN just hates my account.  Either way this needs fixed.

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #32
ratbast

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Adir wrote:

Caster_III wrote:

That's my point.  Zero in over a month is a lot less then the previous scant numbers.     I see them drop from dungeons on occasion, from chat channel bidding,  but has something changed on the tradeskill side?

I'd feel a lot better if some doing the level 90 Greater Essence research had gotten even one in the last month.

I agree completely.  It feels exactly like they've changed the drop rate on the colossals.  As that's my only outlet for obtaining them, I'm less than thrilled.  I play at odd times, and never see the places they do drop, and can't afford to buy them, either.  With a limited and dwindling number of recipes, I'm on the verge of sending all my assistants back home to mother.  I really don't like feeling like I'm wasting my time, and that's how it's starting to feel.

You probably should send them back. TAs were never meant to be a decent source for reactants. The amount of effort put in to getting one should've been enough of a hint. They were only meant to provide good recipes for people to learn and the opportunity to have some time as the person to do business with for one item or another.

I play at odd times, too. I dont' see myself getting to some of those zones anytime soon, so getting a colossal reactant is kinda moot. There's new gear coming in april that will be close enough in stats.

'the' person to craft it was never valid.

the rate of recipe learning vs the rate of comission needed was insanely high. meaning lots of recipes, no colossals to use. and that was at the start when time was a stronger limiting factor.

ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #33
Nynaeve

Loremaster

I didnt get a single colossal reactant ever, this is since about 6 months working on 4 lv90 crafters apprentices.

kinda sucks, all recipes basically useless.

Nynaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #34
RingleToo

Loremaster

Nynaeve wrote:

I didnt get a single colossal reactant ever, this is since about 6 months working on 4 lv90 crafters apprentices.

kinda sucks, all recipes basically useless.

I have 4 crafters, Lvl 92, that at first I was doing the daily quest on all 4 every day. That got rather tiresome, but I did that for quite some time. Now, I might do the quests 2 or 3 times a week (with all 4 crafters), and while that's not every day, that's still a lot of daily quests I've done since inception. I have yet to get a Colossal reactant. Did get some lvl 90 rare harvests, yea. Which, really, are of little use to me since all my toons are lvl 92, and anything I need now is over lvl 90.

RNG, I know, it's fickle. I know they don't want the market glutted with a lot of gear made from colossal reactants. but this is verging on absurd. Devs should think about tweaking the drop rate. Because this is just one more of those things that make the game frustrating rather than fun.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
Meirril

Loremaster

I'm just going to point out that 2 of the potion rewards are probably more useful than colossal reactants. With the availability of Skyshrine crafting parts (prime and regular) becomming more common the potion of innovation becomes more valuable. Also if your leveling up a new crafter any of the insta-death combines (epsecially shawl combines), this potion makes the quest trivial.

The progress potions are a godsend for any crafting class looking to mass produce anything. Sometimes I make backpacks to donate to my guild. Each potion lets me grind out over 40 backpacks in 10 minuites. Not only does the potion make me produce more each tick, it also keeps me focused on crafting for the potion's duration. Instead of being lulled to sleep by crafting, I'm on edge: that is worth more than the actual benifit I'm getting from the potion.

Colossals? Nice gear to twink a brand new 90 till they can get to 92. The chest is hard to replace, but the rest isn't.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote