Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #1351
Brienae
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

Gregor nodded. "I also met Cragmure, but he has a squire already..."

Simon stopped as he heard the captain's voice. He took a few deep breaths. “Nothing,” he called back "How do I know you aren't one of them?" he hissed to Calish. "You did know an awfully lot about Freebloods.

Calish sighed "I told you, my fiancee was a Freeblood. We were separated in Nektolous."

"Calish?" Telsi asked from behind the Captain. There was a note of excitement in her voice. "I thought he was dead, but I recognize his voice..." she whispered.

~~~~~

Alyerra smiled. "Cinnamon, sugar, eggs and vanilla." she listed the ingredients and sighed. "I loved it as a kid... but now..." she shook her head "You'll like it."

Mist and Bane ran up to Alyerra and began nuzzling her legs. She leaned down and patted the dogs "Missed y'all too." she whispered. Bane turned and began to sniff at Shiasia's tail. "Bane, don't you dare!" Alyerra snapped

Bane turned and whimpered.

"Oh let me introduce Bane and Mist."

Bane yipped and Mist appeared to bow to the Ratonga.

~~~~~

Carl woke up panting. "Not a dream..." he panted "Bad memories..."

"Well those are in the past." Tim said walking over to his brother "Only the future is ahead of you, focus on that." he smiled "Both of you need to focus on the future and what you could accomplish."

~~~~~

Sam stopped and turned a worried look to the Dwarf. He placed a hand on Grumblefoot's shoulder. Asking questions with his eyes.

Ethan sighed "Yeah, well they wanted to be sure she continued to receive adequate training and they firmly believed that a group of humans who were so young, by their reckoning couldn't possibly keep up.”

Zach nodded “I think they also really want to know what Silzin sees in her.” he smiled “To put in perspective: Silzin has lived close to 500 years and in all that time he has only taken one protege`, mind he never would have trained her if Mesena and Jake were still alive, but still...”

“Of course he tends to go places she can't, but the honor is there.” Ethan continued.

“It's her potential, she has the potential to be a Grandmaster someday, that's what he saw.” Zach answered “We see it... I don't think they do....”

~~~~~~

Tetri led the way into the children's room and knelt down next to the shivering young girl. She was careful not to interrupt the story as she picked the tiny girl up. She felt the girl's forehead and began to channel some of Nature's power into her.

Fayberry nuzzled into the old Ratonga as she continued to listen.

Calarys nodded.

~~~~~

The Kerra Fury seemed to awaken from a daze "Oh yes of course. Best I can tell the poison is gone.

Brienae nodded "Actually I personally know a powerful Illusionist. I think the fewer people involved the better," she sighed "I wish I knew where Llewenayah was.” she smiled “I also know a Conjuror who could teach you.”

"Brienae what have you been up to?” Henris asked.

Brienae blushed “Just writing Ballads Father.”

“And where pray tell are you getting these Ballads?”

“Here and there.” Brienae answered.

“Brienae Esmielda Lunara De`Esalcoda you will give me a straight answer!” Henris snapped.

Brienae swallowed and looked from Lamia to Isatis and back to her father. She was speechless. She was a bard and she was speechless. Her wings fluttered nervously.

~~~~

The High-Elf sighed with relief as he carried the unconscious Iksar into the Kelthin Guard house. “Keep him under,” he instructed the clerk as he dragged him into a cell.

~~~~~

“We must get rid of it,” The priestess muttered “Take her to the order of Arcane. They should be able to dispel it.”

The Wood-Elf nodded “By the way I am Gelabrin,” he said to Stimsia “And I vow that I will not let anyone hurt you,”

I am Nature's Wrath incarnate like the fire I destroy and rejuvenate~Tetriemmy Windfoot
Brienae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #1352
Bloodyrose
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

[[bumping to try and get posts to show..]]

Bloodyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #1353
Brienae

Loremaster

((Hoping this reveals the start of the next page.  Seems we need 3 posts on the new page before it registers... yay))

I am Nature's Wrath incarnate like the fire I destroy and rejuvenate~Tetriemmy Windfoot
Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #1354
Bloodyrose

Loremaster

Lamia thought further and raised and lowered her hands as if they were a scale

"Actually.. Illusionist? Or conjuring? Illus.. Conjur.. Hrm.." she mumbled in thought. She cleared her throat quietly and looked to Brienae

"Yeah.. few people I think'd be best.. I've actually performed a few experiments and I've come to the rather odd conclusion that Ramia only comes out when ever I'm in potentially mortal danger or if I've been badly injured.

I've had conversations with her before, and apparently the only reason she calls me.. these things is because she's trying to toughen my resolve as she says. And the reason she comes out is apparently to protect me.." She looks up at seemingly nothing and speaks again

"I don't care what you think.. Explaining that to them isn't going to hurt me. It'll just help me in the long-run! Now shut up.." she seems a little annoyed at the voice she was having a conversation with.

==============

The cell door shut with a slam as the Iksar just lay there.

==============

Lucky for really the people around her and not herself, Brienae's lullaby had not fully worn off yet, as she was still rather docile and sleepy.

She shook her head at the priestess.

"No.. M-Master says it k-keeps my unstable magic in control.." she says quietly. Her ears perk at the word "Arcane"

"N-No.. M-Magic casters are the ones who p-put the c-collar on me in the first place.. I-I don't want to go to any mages.." she starts sniffling quietly.

===============

Shiasia practically began to drool at the mention of each food.

"Sounds good.." she whispers wistfully. She licks her lips as she snuggles her son. She nodded to the two dogs, patting Mist on the head. Out of sheer luck her tail flicked out of the way of Bane's jaws, which snapped a second away.

===============

Rotwhisker nodded to Tim. He looked down at the floor as he got up from the hammock. Then he saw his reflection in his plate armour.

He frowned

"Hm.. I should have one of those Makeover Mirrors somewhere.." he mutters to himself, his hand reaching back and rummaging through his backpack

===============

Ramoana hastily stuffed the coins into her pocket and left the bag there in the alley. She stepped out of it discreetly and dusted herself off.

"Who next..?" She asked herself. She saw the same noble again, but figured she shouldn't chance it again, as he might figure out it was her that pickpocketed him

"No.. Not him again.." she mutters. She looked to the five white coins in her hand and frowned. Five platinum would pay for her younger sister's apothecary and medicine bill.. And then the house rent.. As well as getting her some food.. But then she'd have to pickpocket more.

"Oh Adhara.. Why were you cursed with such illness..?" she asked quietly, pitying her sister for being practically glued to the bed. Anytime the smaller girl got up she either ended up vomiting from nausea or stumbling and not being able to get up.. Or worse, start back her nasty coughing.

She shook her head from the thoughts and headed back home to the Jade Tiger Inn.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #1355
Bellacouste
Server: Everfrost
Guild: The lost legend

Loremaster

Herrigan nodded, indicating to Gregor that they should go upstairs.  "Aye.  Cragmure's done a fine job teachin' Pepin.  I dunno if you ever met Pepin.  He's Captain Grayhaze's youngest sibling.  The boy didn't come around here much before becoming a Squire, usually he brought his sisters muffins or cookies from their mother and wouldn't talk to anybody.  He's come out of his shell in the year he's been a Squire."

Ross moved aside so that Telsi could see properly.  She marveled at the coincidence that the two of them were both here, then paused, thanking whatever god saw fit to lead their paths back together.

Grumblefoot sighed.  He shook his head.  "Tha' 'ammer's powers are growin'.  Ter banish spirits like tha', beyond th' call o' a Shaman, be a terrifying power."

Llew nodded.  "I sometimes wish our grandparents would have taken even that curious interest in us."  She glanced behind her.  "Not that we weren't left completely on our own devices.  I-I don't know what I would have done if we hadn't had our Uncles there.  I would have been raising Danlore on my own at fourteen.  Or perhaps we would have had to of gone to an orphanage..."  She chewed her lip, remembering the fear that she would lose her brother after their mother had 'died'.  She thought of Aleteriq next, feeling that same fear again.

Aloysiius watched Tetri and the little girl as he continued the story, keeping his voice level.  "As the great bloom opened, more and more of the Satyr began to notice.  In a daze they began to go towards it, gathering on the withered land beneath it, their faces turned up like sunflowers.  Lirous stood at the forefront and when Ro was at its zenith the bloom was fully open.  Tears ran openly down the faces of many of our brethren as they beheld the delicate flower.  The stem and leaves were as green and flowing as our Mother's dress and the bloom as golden and fair as her hair and it was if she stood over us again with a smiling face.  By the end of the day the bloom had withered and faded, its time passed and as one the remaining Satyr took in the land again.  We saw that though the land was still covered in ash and soot, the flora had begun to grow again, the tiny seeds that had hidden beneath were pushing up and taking nurture from the ash of what had been destroyed.  The Loa'Sur ran clear and bright again.  The hart and unicorns were tentatively returning to their grazing ground, though there was still very little to graze on.  We knew from the flower then, that, though she had left, Tunare was still with us and we began the long process of returning to her ways."  He paused.  "By then the storms had passed and the Satyr and I bowed and parted ways.  I eventually found my way to the Satyr village and if I had not been told that there had once been such a great fire, I never would have known, for the foliage was all lush and green, the hart and unicorn pleantiful and thriving beneath the wisps.  The strange thing was, that when I asked around the village, they could not tell me who I had met and I did not see him.  They said that no one was out of the village during the storm.  But then…who had told me the story? "  He winked at the children. 

Pepin went back to the upstairs, pausing to check on Ratatoska.  He slipped into the other room to find the Koada'dal woman sitting on the edge of the bed, holding the boy's hand as he slept. 

Isatis took another step back from the Ratonga.  She winced as the male Fae used his daughter’s full name.  That was never a good sign.

((Since all the posts show up in the review window below the field for composing posts, it may be best to simply use that and post the replies normally until they show up instead of posting messages to force them to show up.  Another thing I was considering is the size of the thread.  I'm wondering if that isn't why the posts are having a hard time showing up, if the thread is getting too long.  I can summarize the roleplay and open a new thread, linked back to this one, if you guys want.))

Everquest II artwork
Bellacouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #1356
Brienae

Loremaster

Gregor nodded as he took the hint and headed upstairs “I did recently,” he sighed “I’ll give my report later… right now it’s been a long year which makes for a long story…"

Simon turned and saluted his Captain.

Calish sighed and turned. He grinned. “Telsi.”

Telsi ran to the Tier’dal who embraced her. “I thought…”

“I thought I was dead too, but I woke up in the care of a Halfling.  A Swashbuckler” he laughed “Once I was able to stand he taught me a few things.”

“So then you’re no longer a Brigand?” Telsi asked.

“Nope, I am a Swashbuckler and I’ve heard that there is a division of guards in this city who are mostly Assassins. The Eyes of Bayle or something like that.  It would be perfect for you.”

~~~~Alyerra laughed at Bane’s failed attempt to bite the tail “I’m not sure why he does that.  He seems to have a fascination with tails.  He bit an Iksar once…. That got me into a lot of trouble.  They’re both really harmless though”Mist sniffed curiously at the bundle that was Nazzus.

~~~~“You shouldn’t need to change how you look,” Tim said “Just change your actions.”

“Do you have any more of that whatever it was it was you me,” Carl asked as he touched a hand to his chest again. “And at the moment I’m not sure I can do much.”

Tim frowned “I do, but I can’t give it to you for another six hours.  ” He tried to smile “I’m sure you’ll make a fine Provisioner.  I finished the chair.”  He turned to Rotwhisker “And I can start your Alchemist training in the morning~~~~Sam nodded.  He used his mind to speak only to the Dwarf “So we need to find it and destroy it sooner than later…”

Zach nodded and kept walking. “If need be we’ve seen how you take care of Alteriq, we will vouch for you.”

~~~~~“You mades it ups,” Limberger answered.

“Yeahs,” the five other boys answered“I thinks it was the ones who grews the flowers,” Fayberry answered.  “Thanks yous,” she whispered to Tetri.

Tetri hugged the girl “Fayberry, I want you meet someone else.” She looked towards Bella “This is Bellacouste, she and I were once sickly runts like you.”

Fayberry looked at the Brown Ratonga “But you’s is all grown snows. Do you stills gets sicks?”

~~~~~“Maybe we can dispel the part that allows him to control you.” Galabrin suggested.  "You are free now. He is not your master, no one is," said to Stimsia

~~~~~~Brienae swallowed “Um well… j-just Great Divide, Eastern  Wastes and Drunder…” she said the last word much quieter.

“Drunder!” Henris snapped “Brienae you could be killed!”

“I never go alone,” Brienae answered “Right make a new thread picking up where this one leaves off.   Now Father there are other matters that need attending to.  I can look after myself and no I do not need Sivraj to accompany me again.” she turned to Lamia a little relieved that her song appeared to have worked after all.

((You have a valid point about the posting.  It might be a good idea to Perhaps we could finish this page and then start the new thread))

Old 06-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #1357
Bloodyrose

Loremaster

Lamia blinked and winced as well and glanced at Henris briefly before turning her gaze elsewhere, still tuning into the conversation held betwixt the two fae.

"Sir, I don't wish to jab right in, but I think I may have to agree with your daughter.. I've seen her skills and she seems perfectly able to defend herself, as well as others. She seems quite a capable woman that's able to do just about anything with her music.." She said quietly, frowning at the male Fae.

==========

Zulgahr eventually awoke a while later and groaned, rubbing his forehead with a growl. 

"Urgh.. Darn pixies'n'rats.." he mutters, scowling

"Even took away that little slave brat of mine.." He looked around and took notice to the fact that he was in a cell. He cursed quietly. He was a coercer. Not a destructive wizard, so it was unlikely he could escape. Unless..

"Hm.. Clerk.. be a good little boy and unlock this cell door for me will ya?" he asked smoothly, attempting one of his charm spells on the man.

==========

Stinsmia frowned softly and nodded hesitantly

"W-Want.. W-Want as few people as possible to work on collar.." she says quietly. The sedative effect of lullaby was starting to wear off, as her eyes and tail started their eerie twitching again

"No Master.. I.. don't have a Master.." she whispers softly, slowly trying to comprehend such a foreign idea. It seemed so new to her, considering she was bought at the age of meager 3.

==========

Shiasia giggled and nodded. She looked at Mist for a moment, hesitant to let a dog near her son, but she relaxed and sighed softly. 

She looks to her stomach briefly

"How lovely.. Stretch marks.." She laughs softly. She pushes her shirt down to try and cover herself and sighs softly. Nazsuss let out a squeak. His paw reached out and grasped tightly the nearest thing; Mist's nose!

Shiasia bit her lip to keep from laughing.

==========

Rotwhisker frowned and shook his head. "Most likely I will.. This face has forever scarred the Ratongess emotionally and mentally.. I don't think she'd ever want to see this face again, regardless of profession or alignment.." he mutters

"And.. okay on the Alchemy thing.." he says, slightly distracted by various thoughts flitting through his head

==========

The Ratongess went into her and her sister's inn room very quietly on her tiptoes, not wanting to wake Adhara. She looked briefly at the bed that belonged to her sister. In which her sister was sleeping of course, raspy breaths raising and lowering her chest

"Oh Adhara.." she whispers, frowning softly. She set her recently pickpocketed goods on a table nearby and gently woke her sister, who nearly jumped in surprise, being a light sleeper.

"W-Wha-?" the smaller girl mumbled quietly, rubbing her eyes. She panted a few seconds before letting out a raspy cough. The brigand leaned her sister forward, giving her some medicine to take.

"Easy.. easy.. We don't need your cough becoming agitated or worse.." she whispers.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #1358
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Herrigan nodded and turned, seeing Private Brique still at the bottom of the stairs.  "Brique, could you bring us some tea?"

The Halfling turned and nodded, scrambling up the stairs past the Barbarian and into the kitchen.  Herrigan pulled a chair over to his desk for Gregor and sat down, pulling paper from a drawer.

Ross stayed where she was, knowing that she could not let the Freeblood out of her sight until she had the information, but not wanting to interupt the two.

Grumblefoot nodded silently.  "Bu' Ay dun like goin' in blind.  Any information from th' libraries will 'elp."

Llew nodded.  "I am rather hoping it does not come to that, but I appreciate the offer."  She grinned.  "If ever your family needs someone to vouch for them, we would gladly return the sentiment."

Aloysiius grinned and winked at Fayberry.

Bella knelt down.  "Nots oftens, but havings goods fresh air ands rests when needed makes it goes away agains."

Charlemin chewed his lip as he waited.  He turned to his father.  "How do you think that they knew to issue a curfew for this area?"  He asked quietly.

Rothgut shook his head.  "Let's just hopes that they's is lookings for someone elses."

"We shouldn't tarry long.  And we certainly shouldn't be coming into Freeport again any time soon."

The older Ratonga nodded in agreement.  His ear twitched and he turned to the door.  "Someones is outs theres..."

Charlemin put his ear to the door.  "That sound...Militiamen!"

"Well, it is natural for a parent to worry about their children..."  Isatis added tentativly.

Everquest II artwork
Old 06-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #1359
Brienae

Loremaster

Gregor took the offered seat and sighed “I um... don't drink tea anymore,” he muttered.

Calish kissed his Fiancee' on the Forehead.

Simon glared at the two. He couldn't hide the look of the disgust on his face. It was one thing that she was Freeblood, but for anyone still living to marry one....

“Now we just need to go to Qeynos Harbor and fill out the Paper work and then we can start making plans...” Calish began.

“Wait...” Telsi whispered “I made a promise, before we can go I need to talk to the Captain.”

Calish sighed “You didn't use the front door. What may I ask?”

“The job Uncle Nedrid helped me get,”

Simon lowered his hand without being asked. His mind seethed. She was related to Nedrid. He had thought that about avenging his sister by killing Nedrid, but now Simonthought maybe it would be better to take one of his relatives from him. The boy drew his sword. He tried to summon the holy power of Marr as he knew that the Freeblood would not be able to heal that. He growled as his weapon didn't glow. An angry part of his brain decided it didn't matter. The boy charged towards Telsi.

~~~~~

Mist took the opportunity to sniff the paw. She stepped back to release her nose and then licked the tiny paw.

Alyerra laughed too.

Bane trotted over to the sleeping Dwarf by the door and started to sniff.

~~~~

Tim nodded. “But eventually she'll figure out who you are and it might make her more mad, unless you tell her off the bat.” he sat on the Carl's bed.

Carl tried desperately to hide his emotions and pain. “Any idea when I can start my own lessons?”

Tim shook his head “You we will have to get permission to leave Kelethin. It might be an arrangement of they place a portal between here and her house and that is the only place you're allowed to travel. Or if you joined their guild, Ky has a magic door...” he looked at Rotwhisker “We'll need to take you to the guardhouse to be registered as a citizen.”

~~~~~~~

Sam nodded and continued mentally to the Dwarf “I agree.” he smiled “Actually there is someone with a bit of insight into these things...” he concentrated and showed images to the Dwarf of a younger Carl holding two clawed fists which sparked with a dark energy. He showed an image of the weapons alone and Carl asleep on a cot. “They rejected him when he was paralyzed... they released him.” he mentally explained. “But maybe he can still give insight,” he sighed “Stareye and I hid those weapons behind wards and spells. At the time we were unable to destroy them... and I can... “ he paused remembering his freedon “could only go so far from Crushbone...”

Ethan smiled and nodded.

“It is still possible that we could be related.” Zach said as they came to the ramp. If not, then I want you to know we still consider you and your brothers family even if we haven't known each other long.”

~~~~~~

Fayberry nodded and yawned. “He saids you weres my Great Aunts...”

Tetri nodded.

“Whats happeneds to yours eye?” Fayberry asked.

Tetri smiled “That is a story for another time.” Her ears twitched “We really need to be going,” She stood after tucking the young girl in.

“Nice meetings yous,”Fayberry whispered to Bella as she snuggled tightly her stuffed Burnyai and closed her eyes.

The six boys yawned and snuggled down into their sleeping bags.

Tetri stood and nodded back towards the other room.

Kyriu turned “Um perhaps we should come in?” she leaned and asked Rothgut. “Tetri can summon a druid portal... I'm sensing it's time to leave.”

~~~~~

The High-Elf turned as the clerk stood up. “We'll have none of that,” he growled as he forced the Clerk to sit back down. “Now are you going to be good or do I need to knock you out again?” he said raising his sword and turning his focus to the Iksar

~~~~~

“That's right, no master,” Galabrin continued “You're free now.”

The Kerra smiled. She thought it best to let the Wood-Elf continue as he was.

~~~~~~

Henris sighed. “You both have a point.” He smiled “Best not tell your mother.”

Brienae nodded. She was still trying to figure out ideas. She looked at the forest around the ramp. She smiled as she caught a glimpse of red between the trees. “I will be right back,” she said. “I see someone who can help.” She mentally added that she hoped it was Llew or Kyriu although she didn't think Kyriu would be much help. She whispered a prayer to Xegony and flew to where Llew and the Flamefists were. “Llew, I have a favor to ask you,”

Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #1360
Bloodyrose

Loremaster

Isatis had a point too. Lamia sighed with relief as the father seemed to relent. Listening to what Bri said, she stayed where she was, waiting. 

She twiddled her thumbs and shifted around idly slowly, muttering to herself in Ratongan. She also started walking in circles.

============

Zulgahr blinked at the high-elf. Unexpected, but possibly workable.. He looked up at the high elf with innocent eyes and shook his head.

"I'll be good.." he said quietly. He attempted the same on the high elf, his hand glowing a slight red as he began speaking quietly

"It's all a mistake really.. Those evil faeries were trying to kidnap the poor girl. Her parents gave me guardian rights before they died.." he bluffed smoothly, still trying to cast Charm on both the elf and clerk.

"I was just trying to escort her here to Kelethin safely.."

============

Stinsmia shivered and whispered over and over

"No Master.. No Master.. No Master.."

Her twitching continued and she let out a quiet growl, almost feral as if saying "Stay away from me". Her paws clenched together tightly

============

Shiasia laughed softly, smiling. She rocked her son slowly and sighed. She looked up at the ceiling and whispered.

"I thank Xegony for allowing me to survive my torture.."

She looks back down and kisses her son on the forehead. 

"I really hope Rotwhisker can change his ways.. He actually seems like a good person for the most part.." She thinks, unaware that she was voicing her thoughts

============

Rotwhisker thought for a moment

"I think I will change how I look. But good idea. I will tell her who I really am once done so.." he replies back slowly. He nods.

"Fine with me. Bah, now where did I put that thing?!" He starts looking through his pack for that spare appearance mirror.

============

Ramoana perked her ear as she heard the door knock. She hastily hides the recently pickpocketed coin under Adhara's bed's mattress

"It's okay Adhara.. Calm down.." She whispers as the younger sister panics. The younger calms down and lays back down in her bed, occasionally sipping a glass of water.

She went to the door and opened it to see the doctor that came by every so often to check on Adhara. A male Ratongan templar. She let him in slowly and sighed

"She's not getting any better.." she whispers solemnly.

"I'll be the judge of that. Hasty assumptions often lead to rash decisions." The male said wisely. He came over and felt of the black Ratonga's forehead, also checking her pulse. He put his head to her chest to hear the heartbeat for a moment. He laid her back down and sighed.

"Well.. She's better than she was last time I came. The fever's gone down considerably. But she still needs to rest." He muttered, casting Meliorate on the younger Ratonga.

"That should keep her illness in check for a while.. Send me a mail if any complications arise.." the male said, nodding and promptly leaving the house.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #1361
Bellacouste

Loremaster

Herrigan nodded, but it was too late to call Brique back.

Ross cried out in alarm as the Squire charged, drawing her own sword and filling it with brilliant light as she got between the youth and the Freeblood.  Herrigan leapt up from his chair, knocking it over and drawing his own.

Nordri stirred and popped one eye open to stare at Bane.  "Mornin', puppy."  He sat up and offered his hand to the dog to sniff.

Grumblefoot nodded to Sam.  "Der yer think yer ter kin put th' 'ammer behin' wards like tha'?  Ay'm nay sure if Ay shoul' try th' purification again, wit 'ow it reacted.  Ay ain't tha' strong anymore, Ay guess."

"Thank you.  All of you are welcome in my home at any time."  She smiled and turned as Brienae landed.  She glanced up at the city with a paniced a worried look, but pushed it out of her mind.  "Is everything alright?"  She asked.

"Was nice meetings you's toos."  Bella replied in Ratongan.  "Beleska dance withs yous."

Rothgut nodded, but froze as a shadow appeared behind the others and grabbed Danlore's shoulder, spinning him around.  "Are these the traitors, Lady Ventosis?"  The guard asked.  Danlore swore under his breath, unable to reach his staff with his arm still being held tightly by the soldier and unsure if he should draw his weapon being so surrounded.

A Tier'dal woman stepped out from behind the other Militiamen, wearing a light purple dress that was close to her skin tone and showed much of it.  "They were with him, yes."  She said in a silky voice.

Isatis went to the edge of the platform and looked down, squinting at the people.  "I...I think that's my Guild Leader down there..."  She said over her shoulder.

((Summerizing the story so far is taking more than I thought it would, but if I have to I can always edit that into the new thread's first post as I finish it up.  I figure when I start it I should copy everyone's last post from here into it so that we can have them there to write off of without having to open another window to the old thread.))

Everquest II artwork
Old 06-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #1362
Brienae

Loremaster

Gregor stepped outside the office. “Simon!” he shouted the squire's name.

Simon turned in Gregor's direction.

“What are you doing?” Gregor asked. There was stern yet concerned tone in his voice.

“She's related to Nedrid. I heard her say something about Uncle Nedrid...” Simon answered.

Calish drew twin rapiers.

Telsi stood poised to pounce. Her hands looked like claws. She straightened as the boy spoke “What do you have against my uncle?” she asked calmly as she stepped from behind the Paladin. She had not heard most of the conversation earlier as her mind had been focused on feeding.

“He killed my sister!” Simon shouted.

Telsi nodded “And someone has to pay. Vengeance will never bring her back, nor will it make you feel better.”

“I'm not listening to a wretched monster! Especially not one with the last name Fenris!” Simon hissed.

Calish laughed “Perhaps we should have married before we left.”

Telsi smiled “Perhaps... but if I remember correctly the offer was that execution would follow the ceremony....”

Calish nodded "Yeah true..."

Gregor closed his eyes for a moment “I thought and hoped that I had taught you better...”

Simon turned fully to face his mentor. “You did nothing!”

Gregor felt the sense of failure pressing down on him. How had he failed so horribly? His sadness and anger began to overwhelm him. He clutched his stomach as his emotions brought out his hunger.

“Where were you?” tears were streaming from the youth's eyes. He turned back towards Telsi “He took the only family I had left! If I could make him feel that pain....”

Gregor listened to his squire's words. His hands began shaking as he tried to maintain control. His eyes were already red.

~~~~~

Mist nuzzled the Ratonga mother as though asking to play.

Alyerra laughed “No Mist, he's too little.”She turned to watch Bane and Nordi “Careful... if he views beards anything like tails, he's found a new toy.”

Bane sniffed the offered hand and licked it.

Alyerra said nothing about Shiasia's musings. It actually made her pause to think: Who was her Father? Could he have changed his ways?

~~~~~

Tim nodded “If you can't find it, I know someone who can help. He only asks five Silver.”

Carl let out another scream of pain that he had tried to hold back. Tears were in his eyes just from pain.

Tim frowned “What's wrong?” he asked.

“The darkness...” Carl whispered “It's growing... I can feel it.” he grunted “Help me...”

Tim pulled vial out of his bag.

"I thought you said you couldn't give me more for several hours," Carl hissed.

Tim nodded "Of the pain reliever.  This is a sleeping potion only.  It will make you sleep for sevral hours.  It's the best I can do."

Carl nodded and sat up.  He took the potion and drank it "That really..." he fell back with his eyes closed in sleep.

"Tastes like mud. I know." Tim muttered. "I can't leave him alone... but I can't let you go by yourself." he said to Rotwhisker.

~~~~~

Sam nodded. He leaned against a tree. “Maybe... somehow we need to weaken it.” he rubbed his head “The claws were easy. They just needed to be separated “ Sam swallowed as he tried to continue. His breathing was becoming labored “Sorry,” he said finally “I learned years ago how to speak with my mind, but it is hard... without aid or being able to meditate.” his mental voice was starting to sound strained again “Do you by chance understand sign language or...” he pulled out the stone “Should have asked... have one of these.”

“Well, in the city yes everything is fine,” Brienae answered “We managed to convince Lamia to repent and change her ways, however I think her mind is fractured.” she sighed as she thought of her words “It's like she's two people, but she's not possessed. I was hoping maybe you could help her. The other personality is what caused her to follow the Necromancer. She would rather be a conjuror or Illusionist, but I'm afraid if that other side is not suppressed it could overwhelm her.”

~~~~~

“And yous,” the sleepy child whispered back in Ratongan.

Tetriemmy twitched her ears.

The children quickly fell fast asleep “Bella, Aloysiius gather close to me.” her voice did not leave the room as she stood in a corner. She sighed “Tunare please give that girl some sense...” she whispered.

“Traitors?” Calarys asked “There's musts bes some mistakes.” she began to shake as she thought about what would happen if they accused her of aiding traitors “Theres has to bes a mistakes...” she said almost pleading for it to be true.

Canty hugged her Aunt who was beginning to cry.

Kyriu cursed. She reached for her staff but stopped short of drawing it. She decided to try diplomacy “We were actually just leaving.” she said “If you just let us go we won't cause any trouble.”

~~~~~

Henris sighed "I assume that is good news.  If she is a friend of my daughter's then I have no doubt she can be trusted. He glided over to Lamia “Are you alright my dear?” he asked.

~~~~~

The High-Elf smiled and then laughed “Two of the 'evil faeries' are of a noble family which is well respected around here. Lady Brienae was the one who informed us.”

The clerk nodded the charm on him having broken “I would trust the word of Lady Brienae over just about anyone.”

~~~~~

Carefully Galabrin set the Ratonga down. He wanted to make sure she realized he was not holding her against her will. “I'm your friend.” he whispered.

((If you need more time that is fine. Editing the first post as you finish would work too. However you want to do it.  I also think copying our last posts is a good idea. Actually if y'all want I can quote our last posts from this thread to the new one having it be the second post.))

Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #1363
Bloodyrose

Loremaster

Lamia was busy in thought when Henris spoke. She perked her ears and glanced at him. "O-Oh me? Yeah.. I-I'm fine.." she said distractedly. She nodded. Her tail swayed slowly. Her hand raised up and necromantic magic unwillingly came up, much to her surprise. She squeaks and dispels it, shaking her head as if trying to get it off of her.

"W-Wha?! N-Necro- But.. But I've.. never even touched that school of magic before.." she stutters to herself, bewildered

==========

Zulgahr frowned and crossed his arms

"Hey.. Ya can't blame me for trying.." he said wryly, smirking. He searches his person and feels some daggers and poison vials in his pockets. But he makes no move in taking them out.

If he was going to get out.. he was going to have to act harmless at first.. And if the cell door opened.. Run for it! He'd try the charm one last time on his slave before he'd wait some time.. He put his hands behind his back and began secretly re-casting the charm spell on Stinsmia.

==========

Stinsmia's collar started the red glowing again and she shrieked. The longer she resisted, the more her mind became fractured and damaged. She bit her lip and put her head in her hands

"M-Mas..ter.. Master.." she whispers softly, trembling. She was trying so hard to resist the command and urge to go to the Iksar. So far it was working.. But.. it wasn't going to last.

"No.. No I don't have a Master.. I don't have a Master!!" she repeats to herself, shaking her head. It was becoming a little easier to resist, keeping that in mind.

==========

Shiasia chuckled softly and sighed.

"Maybe if Rotwhisker becomes a paladin.. and maybe changes his name I'll.." she mutters to herself, slowly walking off to a different spot as she pondered.

She also noted that Senriala was taking a rather long time.. Was something wrong..?

==========

Rotwhisker watched curiously. After a moment to let things calm down, he went back to searching. Eventually he found a small square mirror, which shimmered with magic.

"I can understand that. But well I found it so.. I'll just use the room right next to this one. Be right back.." he said, skittering out of the room and into the room nearby, closing the door gently.

As the changing occured, there were several grunts.

"Gahs.. Stupids earrings.." he mutters, eventually fitting 3 in each of his ears. He looks himself over again briefly. A wave of his hand and he changed his fur pattern and colour to a solid white, also changing his tail slightly to be longer. He made his snout a bit longer, also making his eyes a little more squinted.

He stepped out and sighed

"Thats is probably the last times I uses one of these stupids mirrors!" he muttered, having also changed his voice slightly

==========

Ramoana sighed softly as she watched her sister cough and wheeze. She looked through a cabinet, pulling out a small vial. She handed it to her sister.

"It'll help you sleep.." she whispers, watching Adhara promptly drink it. The younger sister yawns and promptly falls asleep.

"Good.. I hate hearing her cough.." Ramoana says quietly and sadly.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #1364
Bellacouste

Loremaster

((Here is the new thread.  I'll add the summery as I finish it.  I'm writing my own reply now.))

Everquest II artwork