EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Services > EQ2Players.com Website Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Yavie

Tester

Yesterday while on Unrest server, I attempted to buy an item from the broker for 1 gold.  I have my confirm purchase set so that I have to confirm even a 1 gold purchase.  I hit accept for 1 gold.  My screen flickered suddenly and the purchase amount went from 1 gold to 118 plat.  Notice the acceptance was for 1 gold.  Of course I immediately petitioned, and of course was told by the GM's they could not help me.

So, my concern is, how can the broker system be "hacked" in such a way that the lowest price suddenly becomes the highest price after a person hits accept.   

I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them?  This may be going on everywhere because GM's aren't allowed to reverse broker transactions and probably for lower amounts of money most people don't think to go ahead and let you know this has happened.

YAVIE 90 WARDEN/90 CARP., PERMAFROST
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote