EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Adegx
Server: Permafrost
Guild: League of the Extraordinary

Loremaster

Curious what others poisons are doing for ZW dps. I'm convinced poison's need some love. I'm only intrested in the ones that do damage.

Please post Class, Which Poison, and Average ZW

Assassin Caustic 250-350 ZW

Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
Ghouti

Loremaster

I just checked after last nights raid, and caustic was also around 300 dps during the fights i used it (assassin) ... the rest isnt even worth mentioning lol, i just use them for little debuffs and mental breach if our coercer / illusionist has fallen asleep lol

Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #3
ShadyCharacter

Loremaster

Brigand, Caustic, 400+ ZW Poison proficiency on ya boots help.
ShadyCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Adegx

Loremaster

Looks like berzerkers are getting some love....Wonder what we have to do to get poisons looked at.

This expansion i'm easily parsing over 50k. The 400(1.25%) extra dps i get from poisons, is beyond sad.  If i wasnt so OCD about having and using poison...i'd probally stop making them.  They simply arent worth it.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Raahl

Loremaster

While they are looking at poisons, they can change them so that bards can use them.

Cougaar - 90 Dirge

Corwin - 90 Guardian

Raahl - 30 something Templar

Kilped - 70'ish Ranger
Raahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Adegx

Loremaster

If thats what it takes to get it fixed sure. Heck i'll give them to templars at this point if it gets them love SMILEY

Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Mermut

Loremaster

Especially with the stat changes, the debuff poisons are effectively gimped. WIS decrease poisons used to lower the mobs resistances, AGI decreases used to lower avoidance... poisons need to be updated to reflect the stat changes so they can stay at least marginally effective.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
Oxie

Loremaster

I would bring this poisons topic up in the "Items and Equipment," "Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion," AND the "Tradeskill Discussion" sections of the forums...because this topic applies in all 3 sections, IMO.

Poisons are an item, the work with our abilities/classes, and they are made by tradeskillers.

Posting stuff like this in the General Scout Discussion thread will not get looked at by the people who need to be looking at it...honestly, I bet the Class Discussion section doesn't get looked at much by the people who should be looking at it.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
Adegx

Loremaster

I raised the issue with domino before. Its not really her domain. She pretty much just makes the items do what she is told, from what i gathered. This is an mechanics dev issue. GL getting him to respond to anything. I think sony has him under lock and key.

Though at this point i'd be happy with any sort of acknowledgement. Even if a dev was to post a big giant middle finger. Lets put this issue to rest one way or the other so we can move on.