EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Oxie

Loremaster

A guildie decided that he wanted to give the swashbuckler class a try. I told him to pick dark elf, and betray to a swashbuckler. Because character creation screen lumps the swashbucklers, brigands, and assassins together, he mistakenly picked assassin as his "evil rogue" class. I told him that he'd end up being a ranger if he kept going down the path he was currently taking.

Is there any logical reason on why SOE has pulled the assassin class away from the ranger class in the predator section? The same question can be asked on why they did the same thing with paladins and shadowknights.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Kendayar

Lord

They pretty much stopped recognizing subclasses by archetype/class in-game so they lumped assassin in there with swash/brig since assassins have a similar style of gameplay with rogues.

There is a man riding a horse on my shirt.

Kendayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
DragonTayl

Loremaster

It could also be that they hit us Rangers so hard with the nerf bat that we don't really qualify with the big three any more.

DragonTayl is offline   Reply With Quote