EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Maroger

Loremaster

This is a true PITA. - The only AA table being changed is the Prestige one. PLEASE DO NO RESET ALL THE OTHER.

You have the code in place to do this - we can already go a reset for any tree we want. Please do NOT RESET ALL THE OTHER TREES.

It takes way to long to reassign for all the alts.

DO NOT FORCE A RESET OF ALL TREES

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Foretold
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rage

Loremaster

Oooor you could just save your spec to a mirror before the game goes live.  Saves that hour spent redoing your AAs...

Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Oooor you could just save your spec to a mirror before the game goes live.  Saves that hour spent redoing your AAs...

Except if you've already got a spec saved on your AA mirror, you still have to reset your AA.

To OP. I'm guessing they reset everybody's AA, because tradeskill AA no longer comes from the same AA pool.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
MrWolfie

Loremaster

AA Resets are a complete PITA.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

except that I already am using my mirror to go between my adventure spec and my crafting spec.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

Except if you've already got a spec saved on your AA mirror, you still have to reset your AA.

To OP. I'm guessing they reset everybody's AA, because tradeskill AA no longer comes from the same AA pool.

I think you might be thinking aobut the Tradeskill Prestige line which is different from the AA line.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

except that I already am using my mirror to go between my adventure spec and my crafting spec.

Put another mirror in a different house SMILEY

Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

huh? where do you save AA?

i hate that too, took hours away from game time.

with 9 characters and that is nightmare.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
tkia

Tester

I have 18 characters scattered over 3 servers. Only 1 of them even has prestige points. Are you seriously expecting me to reset all AA trees on all those toons - again?! This is becoming an annual event and it's no longer funny. Half of my toons still don't have their racial tree sorted out from last year yet. And no, I am not going to get AA mirrors for all those toons just because the devs want to take shortcuts on coding. You already have code that gives us a reset choice on login which you used the last time this came up. Kindly give it back to us.
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Mermut wrote:

I think you might be thinking aobut the Tradeskill Prestige line which is different from the AA line.

No, there is additional tradeskill AA's now too.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Maroger

Loremaster

They don't need to do this. No option to refuse - just when you log on you get a message and all trees are WIPED.

This the height of arrogance - these tree reset are unpopular -- especially as the numbers of points are 300+ and it take hours to reassign them.

You should get an option to refuse. The only tree being changed is the Presige points - no need to force a reset on all trees.

Tradeskill AA's should not force a reset - you should get an option to refuse the reset. I have no tradeskill AA' - why should I be forced to so a reset?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
Resstful

Loremaster

Screen shot your AA trees.  Enter information from your screen shots after you log in and click the box. Who knows, maybe you want to make a few changes anyway.

I know, it's the word Tradeskill that causes you to type in caps )

Resstful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
Luhai

Loremaster

"The height of arrogance" ..."it take hours to reassign them"

Yeah, right....

As already suggested make screenshots of your trees, save the spec in a mirror, use beetny to save a copy of your current spec, etc etc.

I like the idea of an AA reset. Gives me a free respec to test another AA spec especially since we're going to get a new Prestige tree.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
feldon30

Fansite Staff

The quickest way to backup your AAs if you are registered on EQ2U is to go to your Character and scroll down on the left pane to "Add Beetny Spec".

Click on that link, and then on the next page type in a name for your current spec (ie. "Pre-COE Backup") and hit Save. You'll be taken back to your Character and if you scroll down the left side again, you'll now have a new link "Pre-COE Backup" which takes you right to Beetny with your AAs filled in how they were at the time you saved them.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #15
MrWolfie

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

The quickest way to backup your AAs if you are registered on EQ2U is to go to your Character and scroll down on the left pane to "Add Beetny Spec".

Click on that link, and then on the next page type in a name for your current spec (ie. "Pre-COE Backup") and hit Save. You'll be taken back to your Character and if you scroll down the left side again, you'll now have a new link "Pre-COE Backup" which takes you right to Beetny with your AAs filled in how they were at the time you saved them.

Thanks, I just did that - much better than taking screenies, which I did the previous two times (times nine characters, times three or four screenshots).

However, in my opinion, new tress and additional AAs should be able to be added without requiring a total reset of all specs. And a free respec shouldn't wipe the trees either, it should activate the free respec button on each tree individually so the player can make the choice which to leave alone and which need modifying.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
BeeJay

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Thanks, I just did that - much better than taking screenies, which I did the previous two times (times nine characters, times three or four screenshots).

However, in my opinion, new tress and additional AAs should be able to be added without requiring a total reset of all specs. And a free respec shouldn't wipe the trees either, it should activate the free respec button on each tree individually so the player can make the choice which to leave alone and which need modifying.

This assumes that Beetny will continue to work with the pre COE links, after all, will they not be updating their system to reflect the new AA trees/specs which may or may not render the older links usless.

Whilst I am creating my own links, I will also make screenshots - just in case !

BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Maroger

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

I agree they could this in another way that automatically forcing the reset on you. -- My problem with the AA mirror -- is would it come back with a message that the tree is invalid and will Beetny still work with the new AA scheme - I see problems with all methods but screenshots which is why I am against what developers are so arrogantly doing. This is a poor way to treat the customer.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Luhai wrote:

"The height of arrogance" ..."it take hours to reassign them"

Yeah, right....

As already suggested make screenshots of your trees, save the spec in a mirror, use beetny to save a copy of your current spec, etc etc.

I like the idea of an AA reset. Gives me a free respec to test another AA spec especially since we're going to get a new Prestige tree.

The prestige page is the only one that needs to be forced reset, the AA pages didn't change.

This is classic, Dev easy button, punish the players.  With 28 level 92 characters thats over 27,000 AA points to reset, so yes couple hours wasted.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
Finora

Tester

Prestige needed a reset, they have reset single trees before, I don't see why they can't do that now. And yes, we no longer have to spend aa in the tradeskill tree, but could they not just refund the points in that tree?

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
Jrral

Loremaster

If the tree change isn't going to invalidate current point assignments, rather than reset the tree why not just give a token good for a free reset? That way if the player's satisfied with their current assignments they can leave things be, and if they aren't they can reset and reassign. We already have the ability to do this with the class/subclass reset card decks, it should be extendable to other trees. Reserve forced resets for cases where the changes to the trees change the actual structure and current point assignments won't be valid or can't be converted to the new structure.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Mermut wrote:

No, I'm not talking about tradeskill prestige. In the beta, tradeskill AA... 'regular' AA, now comes out of a seperate pool from adventure AA.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
Maroger

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Mermut wrote:

No, I'm not talking about tradeskill prestige. In the beta, tradeskill AA... 'regular' AA, now comes out of a seperate pool from adventure AA.

This is true = but still they can give you a free reset button instead of forcing a reset on you. I for example have spent no points in the TS AA  for ANY of characters - why should I have to reassign all those points AGAIN. Why can't I have an option - or be given a free reset.

There are better solutions than just automatically wiping you AA tree when you log on!!