EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #61
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

This just in: SOE secretly owns ArenaNet & wants to push all of its current MMO players to Guild Wars 2.

As for who to blame: I blame the exploiters for causing the problem, & I also blame SOE developers for being hamhandedly clueless & admitting their code is so wonky they can't fix the exploit without adversely affecting other players.

Sure am glad I'm not paying a monthly subscription.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #62
Drupal

Elder

Finally a great change, thank you SOE for once again coming up with the best solution.

Now if they could implement the second part of this change that would be awesome.

The second part is basically this : after 12.6 minutes of play the game cause your computer to shut down. You then have exactly 12 seconds to relogin and you must type "hooza" in the 20-30 channel or your account gets deleted together with all your chars.

These 2 changes will ensure the continuous survival of this great game !

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #63
Drupal

Elder

Freejazzlive wrote:

This just in: SOE secretly owns ArenaNet & wants to push all of its current MMO players to Guild Wars 2.

As for who to blame: I blame the exploiters for causing the problem, & I also blame SOE developers for being hamhandedly clueless & admitting their code is so wonky they can't fix the exploit without adversely affecting other players.

Sure am glad I'm not paying a monthly subscription.

You're not quite right. Don't get me wrong i bought GW2 and play it sometimes. The best part is that, not playing MMORPGs at all has allowed me to play fun games. Right now I am having masive fun playing Might and Magic VI by 3DO. Once that's done I have all the others up to 9 to play and then a bunch more of old RPGs. Thank god for http://www.gog.com/ SMILEY

Thank you SOE for maximising my fun factor and allowing me time to play really fun games of old.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #64
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Geothe wrote:

I blame the exploiters, not the Devs.

While I agree that the exploiters are the problem the devs have punished ALL players.. Painting with a very broad brush is a great way to lose the casuals

i got 5p says none of the exploiters were banned either.

No bet.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #65
Hirofortis

Loremaster

Well as usual SOE uses a sledge hammer to fix something that needed a scalpal and ended up breaking more than they fixed if they fixed anythign at all.  SOE, we know that the people were exploiting this, it is well documented, but as usual you punish the wrong people.  Did you even think how this would effect the other 90% of the population that is not exploiting things?You have effectively crushed guilds that are trying to work on progress on certain mobs due to your heavy handed foolishness.  Please think a little more as you have not solved anything and only hurt your player base yet again. SMILEY

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #66
ranga

Loremaster

Our alliance has been struggling for a year.

This will kill it stone dead.

Thanks.

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #67
jjlo69

Loremaster

lovely timing doesnt soe live kick off this week as well

all kidding aside this knee jerk fix is pretty bad

jjlo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #68
Kreton

Loremaster

How hard would it have been to just ban the exploiters and then wait until after SOE Live to implement some broad mechanics change?  The soft 30 minute lockout still wasn't even removed so I don't even see how this changed anything but to upset a majority of raid guilds who had nothing to do with this exploit.  And I have doubts that the people exploiting this were given bans.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #69
ranga

Loremaster

Kreton wrote:

How hard would it have been to just ban the exploiters and then wait until after SOE Live to implement some broad mechanics change?  The soft 30 minute lockout still wasn't even removed so I don't even see how this changed anything but to upset a majority of raid guilds who had nothing to do with this exploit.  And I have doubts that the people exploiting this were given bans.

This actually has the opposite effect in that people will be forced to use the exploit in order to maintaint their raid schedule lol.

Talk about the law of unintended consequences!!

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #70
AgubiAB

Journeyman

You all realize there not going to take this update out now that this exploit is out in the public so you all can stop crying now because if people found out how it was done then more and more guilds would exploit soe isnt stupid they're doing the correct thing buy not letting it get out of hand, and to let you all know major raiding guilds knew of this and thats how they got geared and sold you the gear you all give your plat away for so all in all your all guilty for being a part of this exploit, just for guilty by association.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #71
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

If this change is not undone by the time my sub runs out, I am not resubbing. The PvP in this game was ruined beyond repair way ago, we're struggling to raid on a dieing server (Nagafen) and now we get this. It is too much. Dorsan, raid leader of Purity, Nagafen

Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #72
Garhix
Server: Everfrost
Guild: The Avatars

Loremaster

I'm sure if they banned everybody that used this "exploit" they would lose a lot of revenue. So if any were banned it most likely wasn't many people if any.
Garhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #73
AgubiAB

Journeyman

from what i heard something happened

Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #74
ranga

Loremaster

AgubiAB wrote:

You all realize there not going to take this update out now that this exploit is out in the public, and yes there were people banned over this so you all can stop crying now because if people found out how it was done then more and more guilds would exploit soe isnt stupid they're doing the correct thing buy not letting it get out of hand, and to let you all know major raiding guilds knew of this and thats how they got geared and sold you the gear you all give your plat away for so all in all your all guilty for being a part of this exploit, just for guilty by association.

And those of us who didn't exploit it nor buy using SLR?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #75
AgubiAB

Journeyman

tough love have fun 

Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #76
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If this change is not undone by the time my sub runs out, I am not resubbing. The PvP in this game was ruined beyond repair way ago, we're struggling to raid on a dieing server (Nagafen) and now we get this. It is too much. Dorsan, raid leader of Purity, Nagafen

This....

Acts like this that absolutely are not a fix for the problem at hand are getting old and tired....your devs cant script for garbage, your gear itemiztion is abysmal, you are all so tone deaf to the community if it wasnt so sad it be truely comical...and I have to agree with Dorsan since you destroyed pvp raiding was the biggest pull for me and many on my server....

On a side note this type of idiotic fix has been done before: case in point the freeport revamp that bugged out city pvp ruleset so instead of fixing the code they decided to unlock pvp ruleset in qeynos claiming the community requested it (actually no one  requested it..it was just 2 days until xmas holiday so they did the easiest thing then went on vacation).

I hope the devs buy a clue after fanfair and address this bunk.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #77
zehly

Loremaster

Nerf bat? Nerf nuke.

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #78
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Wow, this is like the kingwin of my 'they don't actually play their game arguement'.

Cause seriously, anyone who thought this was the right fix, clearly doesn't understand how the game is actually played.  Period.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #79
Anklesteiner

Loremaster

I was going to speak my mind on this, but then I realized Sony doesn't care about anything we have to say. So I guess the only two choices we really have are enjoy the forced change that 90% of the community hates, or stop playing the game.

Anklesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #80
Juggercap

Elder

AgubiAB wrote:

You all realize there not going to take this update out now that this exploit is out in the public so you all can stop crying now because if people found out how it was done then more and more guilds would exploit soe isnt stupid they're doing the correct thing buy not letting it get out of hand, and to let you all know major raiding guilds knew of this and thats how they got geared and sold you the gear you all give your plat away for so all in all your all guilty for being a part of this exploit, just for guilty by association.

The exploit is out? OK...so what was it?..and why does screwing everyone else have to be the "fix" instead of actually fixing it?

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #81
Davngr1

Loremaster

this was really an exploit?

i always viewed it as a work around to a dumb mechanic that tends to bug.

either way you remove the 30 minute soft lock NOT hinder entire raid forces raid schedules.   come on.. srsly?  

who the heck came up with this idea?  the same guy who came up with reckless stance?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #82
Halo of G4

Loremaster

I.....I don't know what to say. Literally speechless on SoE can consider this to be a good idea and rush it before a major expansion. I know this is an overused shallow thing to say but... I might just actually cancel my account. I only raid lately, and now raiders are going to be severely hurt by this action.

I usually give SoE the benefit of the doubt on some issues, but there is no way, this is acceptable. From what I understand, this exploit has been around since Day 1, and literally, out of nowhere its "fixed". Who used it in the first place? And if they were banned, why make such a ham-handed rushed out patch that literally alienates the actual raiders of this game?

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #83
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Halo of G4 wrote:

I usually give SoE the benefit of the doubt on some issues, but there is no way, this is acceptable. From what I understand, this exploit has been around since Day 1, and literally, out of nowhere its "fixed". Who used it in the first place? And if they were banned, why make such a ham-handed rushed out patch that literally alienates the actual raiders of this game?

I assume the concern is regarding PoW and mythical chance farming, that somehow thats a critical issue this late in an expansion, that you would unilaterally kick everyone in the soft bits to 'resolve it'.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #84
Lyndro-EQ2

Lead Designer

Hi folks, just checking in to let you know that this isn't the final state of things. We'll give you an update when you have one, but it'll probably be sometime after Fan Faire before we get a final fix on live.

Lyndro-EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #85
Ashtar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Immortal Valor

Loremaster

Lyndro-EQ2 wrote:

Hi folks, just checking in to let you know that this isn't the final state of things. We'll give you an update when you have one, but it'll probably be sometime after Fan Faire before we get a final fix on live.

Perhaps this should have been in the update notes, and maybe with an ETA on the final solution. Talk about severely poor communication and disregard for your players. At least someone within SOE had the intestinal fortitude to step up and say something.

Ashtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #86
Geothe

Loremaster

Lyndro-EQ2 wrote:

If this is an very temporary band-aid. Okay.However the update notes state:  This will include all Velious and future Raid zones. Sure makes it seem like a permanent thing to me!

If raiding loses the current (well former) manner of resetting / keeping instances, then you've destroyed raiding in this game.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #87
Lyndro-EQ2

Lead Designer

The error in the wording in the patch notes is my fault. When we submitted the note internally we were going to make it permanent, but we revised that thinking before it went live. I forgot to remove that bit when I was asked to review the notes. Feel free to throw tomatoes and taunt.

Lyndro-EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #88
Geothe

Loremaster

/tomato

/tomato

/tomato

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #89
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Don't know what everyone is complaining about. Untested changes with huge implications announced the night before implementation NEVER have unintended consequences. Y'all just being unreasonable.

you forgot the sarcasm tags SMILEY

Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #90
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Luhai wrote:

Good luck to all the people that raid twice a week, like Mon+Thu or Wed+Sun. Those folks will be pretty screwed thanks to this stupid decision.

we raid Tues and Fri. yes this effects us.