EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
ZUES

Loremaster

I wouldn't mind giving feedback on testing/beta. But I'm not going to level a character to do it. The copy is taking too long. Can you please insert the buff bots?

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Landiin

Loremaster

Test copy even up anymore?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Kuulei

Tester

/beta add

Testcopy is no more, its now Beta.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
ZUES

Loremaster

Another 24 hours and no copied character. Another 24 hours and no Old Man Dave of buffer. Test it yourself. Why do I even play this game? Can SOE please sell this game to another company that will actually DO something with it?

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
feldon30

Fansite Staff

/beta add takes approximately 1 hour to work.

You must already have a character on Beta for any copied characters to show up. So you should login to Beta and make a dummy character then after 1 hour, go back to the Character Select screen and you should see your copied toon.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
Calthine

ZAM EQII

The buffer was the goat dude. He was up at the Commonlands and Antonica docks on Friday (I didn't look on Saturday).

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
Cuora

Tester

Hubby made a toon on Beta over the weekend and the goat buffer was not up.  I just checked both Antonica and Commonlands docks and he is still not there.  I have a sick kiddo home today and dr.'s appt later.  Will check back after I am done there.  Hoping to get hubby's toon buffed so he can join me. 

Chiloh-92-Wizard- Test- "Collateral Damage"

Cuora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

no, buffers need to be rerezzed/repopped after every update when the server is taken down i believe.
ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

well I wanted to do some testing on the endlevel stuff but can't get my end level toons copied and no buffer makes for an inability to do so.

Please fix /beta add or bring back the buffers.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

/beta add has not worked for me either.  I made a new character on beta yesterday and did the /beta add on the character I wanted copied over.  That character is still not showing on beta today.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
TheGeneral

Loremaster

The primary issues I have with the test environment in general is that it is very user unfriendly.  Now that you have changed the name of the server, people need to either know to go in and rename their TestServer folder over to BetaServer or they have to completely re-download the game... unless they know to copy their game into that folder first before patching.  Its just too much to have to try and help non tech savvy people through.  Most give up and refuse to go through it.  Getting set up on test needs to be more user friendly and you will not have so few people testing... that and the beta copy not working was just the icing on the cake.  Most people do not want to go through the pain of recreating from scratch.  /save /load hotkeys, etc etc etc ...

I had about 26 people... enought to have tested raid content, that wanted to test, and by the time we got through all it took to get people there, I was down to about 4.  I really think the worse part of it all is the character copy not working.  That killed off about 60% of my testers from even wanting to try.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Alenna

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

/beta add has not worked for me either.  I made a new character on beta yesterday and did the /beta add on the character I wanted copied over.  That character is still not showing on beta today. 

I did it friday IIRC 3 characters I have at 92 so i could test the end level content. so now no beta ad and no buffer to do so I did not know till then that Beta was a choice for servers now.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Wolfsbaine
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wartorn

Loremaster

You have to create a junk toon on the beta server. That is just like the test copy. Once you make the toon play around for a bit. About an hour later your copied toons will show up. Not sure why that is the case though

Old 09-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

You have to create a junk toon on the beta server. That is just like the test copy. Once you make the toon play around for a bit. About an hour later your copied toons will show up. Not sure why that is the case though

this is incorrect at the moment. may have been the case in the past. when they first enabled copy to beta, it worked ok and you found your toon(s) within 1-5 hours usually. guild leaders would see their guilds arrive maybe 24 hours after their toons. after maybe 1-3 days of copy to beta working ok, it seemed to break. for everyone. they reworked the script and its being tested on toons copying from test server to beta currently. it works instantly now, as soon as you do /beta or /beta add from a permanent test server toon, you can log out and they will be on beta.  to find out more, take a look at the "new beta copy tool" thread. SMILEY  they wanna test it thoroughly before enabling it for live servers, though.

ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
Alenna

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I know htat is how it worked before so I made a junk toon but no copies looks like they changed it and until test gets a chance to test it out I will not be able to get my end level toons on it to test any new content.