EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Vonn Vy

Greetings, all:

This is not a biggie, but a slight warning to those of you who are about to begin your Inquisitor subclass quest, and perhaps something the Devs might pick up on and change around a bit.

You might consider some of this 'spoiler' information, giving the location and how to get to a certain mob, so if you prefer not to be 'spoilt', I'd advise you not to read on.

My beef with the Inquisitor subclass quest is this:

You have to, as far as I could tell, go past the Advisor in Wailing Caves to reach the 'an essence of Shin'Ree'.  This is fine *if* you already have the key to open the door behind him, or at least have someone with you who has it.  This is *not* fine if you don't already have the key, and have to kill the Advisor yourself.  I was grouped with a 20 Necromancer who was attempting to help me invis around in the zone, until I realized I didn't have the key to open the door.  We proceeded to kill the Advisor to obtain it, but he conned Grey to us, which means no loot, no key... no completing Inquisitor subclass quest.

So, I spent the better part of the morning /ooc'ing for help, trying to find someone who had the key to open the Advisor's door for me. >SMILEY  Eventually a 24 Guardian named Orik (thanks Orik!) came to my aid with the key.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that this is not a very fair situation.  All the quest mobs I had to kill were Grey cons, and I couldn't get to some of them because of a Grey con who wouldn't cough up a key.  Perhaps they should just stick a couple of the 'an essence of Shin'Ree' down in the Pit with the Aggressors.  Or even pick another Grey con to kill besides the essences.  I'm not sure what the solution would be, or if this will even be changed.  I just thought I would voice my opinion on it, because  I found it to be rather annoying.

Anyways, thanks for listening, and have a great day.

Jessup
Inquisitor
Lucan D'Lere Server

Vonn Vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
Filthysnake

Loremaster

There is one spot in WC to get the essence without going thru the advisors door. If you go to the bottom of the pit of death theres a few down there. So it can be done but not many ppl ever go down there.

Message Edited by Filthysnake on 11-23-2004 07:22 AM

Filthysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:44 AM   #3
Katr

General

Yes I just found the essence of shin ree down the bottom of the pit of death.

Trying to find the spiritualist now:smileysad:
Katr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:46 AM   #4
Si

The spiritualists are in the area before the Pit of Death and te agressors and essences' are at the bottom of the pit.
Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:13 AM   #5
Katr

General

Thankyou Sign I will check that out tonight SMILEY
Katr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 05:33 AM   #6
wayfaerer

Loremaster

The Essences in the bottom of the pit must be on the same spawn as the other mobs down there. When I did my Inquisitor quest there were Essences there, but I was helping another Cleric last night and there were none, only lots of Aggressors and ghosts. Probably could have cleared those and gotten some Essences to spawn, but since I had an Advisor key already we just went out the back.

Zizz, Dark Elf Bruiser, Nagafen

-formerly-

Phia, Mage, Rift/Briarcliff

Phia, Sorcerer, Aion/Nezekan

Khrin, Archmage, WAR/Darklands

Avert, Blood Mage, VG/Tharridon

Khrin, Undead Priest, WoW/Blackrock

Phia, Abyss Walker, L2/Lionna

Amon, Confessor, SB/Ardan

Sset, Iksar Monk, EQ1/Tholuxe Paells

Mental, Dark Elf Enchanter, EQ1/Sullon Zek

Zizz, Dark Elf Enchanter, EQ1/Tallon Zek
wayfaerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:57 PM   #7
Vonn Vy

Hi again.

Thanks for your responses.

I didn't see any of the essences in the pit when I killed the aggressors.  I had known there were some down past the Advisor from previous adventures, so I just assumed that that was the only place they were in the zone.

The person who helped me with the key that I spoke of mentioned to me that he thought there were some in the pit, also.  I checked 3 times, just to make sure I wasn't stupidly overlooking them, but I never did see any.  I suppose they are a random spawn down there after all, and that killing the skeletons or ghost-bat things will eventually cause them to spawn.

So, /bonk me for posting without having all the facts!

Maybe this thread will aid those of you who might have found yourself in my situation had you not read it. SMILEY

Good luck to all the new would-be Inquisitors out there.
Vonn Vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:46 AM   #8
apb

The only thing I can suggest to you is to wait near the advisor room for a group to come along and open the door for you. Or you can buy the key from someone (it is droppable).
apb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:53 PM   #9
Temvaria

Loremaster

I wanted to verify that if you do clear out some of the mobs in the bottom of the pit that an essence of Shin'Ree will, indeed, spawn.  After about 15 minutes of clearing out both the skeletons and spectral shrillers one spawned for me yesterday. 

~ Temvaria ~
Old 11-27-2004, 12:14 AM   #10
Purple Ha

Wait wait wait, WHERE are the aggressors? I thought there was only one pit in that dungeon, and I was down there for 2 hours this morning killing essences and spiritkeepers, but I didnt see a single aggressor. I'm still trying to find one. :[

Edit: HA, finally got one to spawn. Took long enough.

Message Edited by Purple Haze on 11-26-2004 11:27 AM

Member of the Hard Corps
http://hardcorps.biz/
Purple Ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:58 AM   #11
DizeezDarkhatr

That is the Graveyard under the bridge you are talking about, not the pit. The Pit of Death is whwere they are talking about, it is the large hole in the ground you walk around before going down to the advisor area, you really cant miss it...
DizeezDarkhatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #12
Si

it is not possible to miss, when you get near it it says "Pit of Death" on your screen, lol.
Si is offline   Reply With Quote