EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

Krono going live today and the interface for the krono in my character screen is hideous, obtrusive, ugly, and downright rude! This shove it in my face advertising UPSETS me like nothing else. You want marketplace fine, You want krono item fine, But leave it in the marketplace and stop shoving it in my face and cluttering up my UI with things that I don’t need, want, or use. The krono item itself is a good idea but the in your face gotta see it every time you look at your character screaming BUY ME! BUY ME! BUY ME! interface is a marketing technique that will definately NOT earn my business I don't care what your selling!

I have tried my best to keep this post in line with the code of conduct of the forums.

Now would you like to know how I really feel?/endrant

Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

I wait anxiously for the fix to be posted on how to hack your UI files to remove it from your sight.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

I am already looking into it myself.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
bucketon

Loremaster

how do you know what it looks like already?

though the update notes appear to confirm your concerns, i thought it would just be another item in the sc store.

bucketon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
feldon30

Fansite Staff

bucketon wrote:

how do you know what it looks like already?

Krono is on Beta.

bucketon wrote:

though the update notes appear to confirm your concerns, i thought it would just be another item in the sc store.

Krono has nothing to do with StationCash.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
bucketon

Loremaster

nor do subscriptions, but they are kept to the sc store ingame, they just link you to an outside website, i thought it would be like that.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Kenkonken

Apprentice

I agree that it could've been kept in the SC Marketplace just like Subscriptions are. You may not be able to buy them with SC, but they're there and they'll link you to the official site to make a credit card purchase.

Kenkonken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

there most likley will be a new marketplace section just for chrono. i imagine they will be selling  expansions for them before too long.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Detor

Loremaster

I like how if you click buy it takes you to a page to buy multiple kronos, and it has a sign next to 5 Kronos that says 'MOST POPULAR!'  It just launched today so they can't have any sale metrics for it - who's to say buying 100 in one sitting won't be the most popular? 

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
General_Info

Lord

Detor wrote:

I like how if you click buy it takes you to a page to buy multiple kronos, and it has a sign next to 5 Kronos that says 'MOST POPULAR!'  It just launched today so they can't have any sale metrics for it - who's to say buying 100 in one sitting won't be the most popular? 

lol never trust numbers or statics that companies release unless you can get a third party to verify. i agree though this should have stayed in the marketplace under the subscription pag and appeared in ads for free players to try and convince them to buy from toher players.

we need to get this changed now as not to set a precedent for them moving more market stuff in the UI where it shouldnt appear in the first place.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
Geothe

Loremaster

Oh, they are going to have tons of SC/Market place links appearing everywhere.

You think the Krono thing is annoying?Currently on Beta every time you die there is an option to buy an instant rez item in the rez box.

Oh joy.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I wait anxiously for the fix to be posted on how to hack your UI files to remove it from your sight.

im in game now, and the krono thing isn not visable on the character window . im using profit tho, so maby if you dont update your custom ui you wont see it.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
bucketon

Loremaster

well after witnessing it i agree it is quite intusive. it should be in the sc store option only.

Also i think it should be made a bit clearer that there is a cheaper way if you only want to buy your own subscription instead of trying to make some pp.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #14
isest

Loremaster

You can use drums full UI, and boom no more krono.  Just saying folks were asking.

IF SJ wants folks who use the non standard UI, they are going to have to put the krono in the sc store. Just saying.  That is where it should have been to begin with.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
crazyeyes321

Loremaster

Lower the cost to 14.99 so that it is competitive with store bought SC cards.  I could be wrong, but I imagine walmart and the like make a dollar or so from selling the gamecards in shop, so that would be a dollar saved if people bought them in house.

The Krono (plex) idea is good, but to charge 20% more for a digital feature is silly.

crazyeyes321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
General_Info

Lord

crazyeyes321 wrote:

Lower the cost to 14.99 so that it is competitive with store bought SC cards.  I could be wrong, but I imagine walmart and the like make a dollar or so from selling the gamecards in shop, so that would be a dollar saved if people bought them in house.

The Krono (plex) idea is good, but to charge 20% more for a digital feature is silly.

the drive for SOE to add it comes from demand from us and the extra profit they make from the transactions. why release it for the same price as a sub when you can charge more for the privelege of a safe time for plat trade?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
Mermut

Loremaster

All the feedback in beta on putting the krono on the character screen was negative... this bodes ill for all the other feedback that has been given in beta SMILEY

Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

All the feedback in beta on putting the krono on the character screen was negative... this bodes ill for all the other feedback that has been given in beta

There are simply some things the producer will not budge on until confronted face to face with angrey customers.

SC buttons, Krono UI's, and hiding flying mounts are things that are in that list.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
Finora

Tester

The look of the thing they put in the UI is pretty awful. They were told how awful it looked. Far to big and in a bad spot.

I just went into the UI builder & deleted that file completely and squashed the persona window back down to it's previous size. No more Krono in my UI. Hurrah.

I don't mind them trying to sell the thing, they just need to do it in a more aesthetic way if they are going to put in on the UI. They already have it listed in the marketplace (appropriately with memberships). If they really must add it somewhere in the world, stick it on general merchants. It really has no business being on the equipment page.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't mind them trying to sell the thing, they just need to do it in a more aesthetic way if they are going to put in on the UI. They already have it listed in the marketplace (appropriately with memberships). If they really must add it somewhere in the world, stick it on general merchants. It really has no business being on the equipment page.

My guess is it is on that page where it is so that you acknowledge it atleast once per play session, if not much more.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
General_Info

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

The look of the thing they put in the UI is pretty awful. They were told how awful it looked. Far to big and in a bad spot.

I just went into the UI builder & deleted that file completely and squashed the persona window back down to it's previous size. No more Krono in my UI. Hurrah.

can you tell us the name of the file in question?

Old 10-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #22
Terron

Loremaster

YUKKK

Get rid of it from the character screen - It looks horrible, and by every standard of good design

it does not belong there.

It certainly won't encourage me to buy them (I have never bought any station cash)

Rather it encourages me to unsubscribe

Also the horrible brownish red background colour has come back - How many times do I have to get rid of it?

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #23
Resstful

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

You think the Krono thing is annoying?Currently on Beta every time you die there is an option to buy an instant rez item in the rez box.

Oh joy.

Are you playing Free or Silver?

I've been sending an alt to death numerous times this morning and do not see the option of which you speak.

Resstful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
Finora

Tester

General_Info wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

can you tell us the name of the file in question?

You have to go into the UI builder. Under main hud find  persona > main page > inventory > inventory page>  and delete the Kronopage under that & save.

You'll then have to add the persona.xml to your custom UI (if you didn't do it directly from your custom UI, which I don't suggest. I suggest using a copy in case something gets mucked up when you are changing things). If you don't already have a custom UI you will have to make one.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
Sandyfoot

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

YUKKK

Get rid of it from the character screen - It looks horrible, and by every standard of good design

it does not belong there.

It certainly won't encourage me to buy them (I have never bought any station cash)

Rather it encourages me to unsubscribe

Also the horrible brownish red background colour has come back - How many times do I have to get rid of it?

My sentiments exactly. This is everything I had to say.

Sandyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #26
TheRealBritz

Lord

Krono was $10.99 on the marketplace a few mins ago. Now none of the buy buttons seem to be working. Hmmmm /strokes beard

TheRealBritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Geothe

Loremaster

Resstful wrote:

Geothe wrote:

Oh joy.

I've been sending an alt to death numerous times this morning and do not see the option of which you speak.

BETA server.Not live, yet.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #28
capricorn23

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Krono going live today and the interface for the krono in my character screen is hideous, obtrusive, ugly, and downright rude! This shove it in my face advertising UPSETS me like nothing else. You want marketplace fine, You want krono item fine, But leave it in the marketplace and stop shoving it in my face and cluttering up my UI with things that I don’t need, want, or use. The krono item itself is a good idea but the in your face gotta see it every time you look at your character screaming BUY ME! BUY ME! BUY ME! interface is a marketing technique that will definately NOT earn my business I don't care what your selling!

I have tried my best to keep this post in line with the code of conduct of the forums.

Now would you like to know how I really feel?/endrant

I agree with you, this is pretty offensive and insulting and it almost makes me feel like SOE sells people their characters now adays instead of us all playing together and earning our status the old fashion way..

capricorn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
Resstful

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

Resstful wrote:

Geothe wrote:

Oh joy.

BETA server.Not live, yet.

Just got BACK on BETA where I'd been suiciding an alt and decided to create a new alt for suiciding.  Still don't see that option in the revive window. Maybe one has to be 92 or higher?

I'm using the default ui in Beta so not sure why I wouldn't see it. Also I'm on a gold account so figure I'd get more requests for purchasing options....then again, maybe not.

Resstful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #30
Red21Shift

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

. . .

I use the Default (Blue) UI and noticed some "red" in it now - like the character screen and on the right-click drop down, just to name a few.  I'm presuming the above quote is in relation to that.

[email protected] wrote:

You have to go into the UI builder. Under main hud find  persona > main page > inventory > inventory page>  and delete the Kronopage under that & save.

You'll then have to add the persona.xml to your custom UI (if you didn't do it directly from your custom UI, which I don't suggest. I suggest using a copy in case something gets mucked up when you are changing things). If you don't already have a custom UI you will have to make one.

This was very good advice . . . after taking a crack at the UI Builder and following the above instructions, I was able to remove the Chrono from my character screen, however, my buttons on the left side dissappear as well.  I know minimal about UI modding, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

Red21Shift is offline   Reply With Quote