EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

I was thinking about old timelines and quest logs last night and wondered if anyone else missed some of the following, like I do?

*Class subquests: I really liked the added layer of these series of quests you did in your teens. It helped you understand the difference from say a Summoner and a Conjurer. I liked that some parts were quite challenging to complete, so you felt like you'd earned your class by the time you were done -- or you dragged in a friend to help -- and created some fun memories.

*Citizenship quests: It was kind of neat that you actually had to do a series of quests in order to be officially welcomed into the loving embrace of Freeport/Qeynos. AND you got to keep the scroll that said you were officially a citizen. Would love to see this back again.

*Betrayal gnolls: I'm probably a masochist, but I remember quite fondly having to kill 1,000 gnolls, the named gnolls that wandered the woods near blackburrow, and a couple other tasks in the betrayal questline. Remember having to zone into the crypt and come up into the belly of Freeport at the very end? (good going to evil of course).

*Refuge Island: I think the number of threads on this indicates I'm not alone in wanting it back SMILEY

*Corpse runs! I know, I know, I'm probably the lone lunatic standing with my lantern in the middle of the village shouting "BRING BACK CORPSE RUNS!" (bonus points to anyone who gets my vague reference btw) ... but .. but ... I really think they made death more signficant, and encouraged you to really think out your gaming strats. I liked that dying had some consequence.

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff, but these were the first five that popped into my mind. Anything else anyone would like to see brought back?

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

Most of what you want there does not go well with the mentality of "I must have it all and have it now, or I won't play"

I want challenging overland zones again, Nek forest used to be a nasty place at even con, now you can't die in there if you go AFK and get 50 mobs attacking you.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I was thinking about old timelines and quest logs last night and wondered if anyone else missed some of the following, like I do?

*Class subquests: I really liked the added layer of these series of quests you did in your teens. It helped you understand the difference from say a Summoner and a Conjurer. I liked that some parts were quite challenging to complete, so you felt like you'd earned your class by the time you were done -- or you dragged in a friend to help -- and created some fun memories.

*Citizenship quests: It was kind of neat that you actually had to do a series of quests in order to be officially welcomed into the loving embrace of Freeport/Qeynos. AND you got to keep the scroll that said you were officially a citizen. Would love to see this back again.

*Betrayal gnolls: I'm probably a masochist, but I remember quite fondly having to kill 1,000 gnolls, the named gnolls that wandered the woods near blackburrow, and a couple other tasks in the betrayal questline. Remember having to zone into the crypt and come up into the belly of Freeport at the very end? (good going to evil of course).

*Refuge Island: I think the number of threads on this indicates I'm not alone in wanting it back

*Corpse runs! I know, I know, I'm probably the lone lunatic standing with my lantern in the middle of the village shouting "BRING BACK CORPSE RUNS!" (bonus points to anyone who gets my vague reference btw) ... but .. but ... I really think they made death more signficant, and encouraged you to really think out your gaming strats. I liked that dying had some consequence.

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff, but these were the first five that popped into my mind. Anything else anyone would like to see brought back?

I never betrayed under the old system, and I hate that I can't now.

I agree completely with your other 4 points...(though I preferred the version of corpse runs where you didn't have to stop and click on it.)

You kind of bring it up with your corpse run point...I miss death having a consequence.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
SpineDoc

Loremaster
SpineDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 651
Default

My list is pretty simple of what I miss.

1) Risk vs. reward is probably what I miss the most, that incredible feeling of accomplishment of achieving something that has true risk associated with it.

2) Grouping.  I  miss having to band together to defeat something or accomplish a purpose.

__________________
92 Inquisitor

92 Templar (retired until they are fixed)

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
SpineDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Dreyco

Archive of Ik
Dreyco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,485
Default

I do miss the old betrayel quests, simply because they had spirit, and were not a faction grind through a series of zoning screens...

Though I once have, and always will, hesitate at the argument of "Risk vs Reward."  I agree that there should be "Risk vs. Reward", but I hope that people keep this argument to true RISK.  I see too often people equating "Risk" or "Challenge" with "Massive Timesink" or "Extremely Long Grind", of which the two are not challenging in the slightest.

__________________

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill
Rank: Prince of Darkness

Loremaster
Zorastiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 955
Default

FUN

__________________


Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster
CoLD MeTaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,217
Default

SpineDoc wrote:

My list is pretty simple of what I miss.

1) Risk vs. reward is probably what I miss the most, that incredible feeling of accomplishment of achieving something that has true risk associated with it.

2) Grouping.  I  miss having to band together to defeat something or accomplish a purpose.

Risk in a video game?  I never saw that.

2, yes!  Grouping is what is most missed by everyone.

__________________


CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
daalberith

Lord
daalberith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 85
Default

Pretty much the same. I enjoyed doing the betrayals. I really felt like I earned something completing them. Being a young halfling necro or a ratonga swashie back then was worth it. I also liked the old system of how classes worked. It made sense to me and I think worked well, but unfortunately it required reading, a minimal amount of thinking, and paying attention. I do somewhat miss the flavor of the island, but not it's implementation. Especially not how it was originally. It did not do a good job of preparing people for the reality of the game, but it was a nice way to get introduced to the story of the setting.

One thing I would add is that I don't like how many classes are neutral now and I'm not fond of some of the choices the devs made concerning which ones should be neutral.

I can get over the trivialization of content. That's a design flaw this sort of game will inevitably suffer from unless the devs are given free rein to adress it and are constantly vigilent with doing so. If you think it's bad here, log into original EQ. I have two level 60s that I made on a lark and both can solo nearly all of Kunark with trash gear and a merc which is flat out ludicrous compared to how it was years ago. But the fact that you can level pretty much anything up to at least 85 with little to no real effort in a short period of time in this game is disappoiting to say the least.

__________________
"The only limitations to our potential are those boundaries which we refuse to cross."

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
daalberith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
Raffir

Loremaster
Raffir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

Grouping is alive and well on Freeport. Mostly because there are plenty of people on all levels.  Not just maxed out toons.  Consequently, DF groups and pugs are mix of subs and Free players so there is a lot less of the "You can't play cause your mit isn't high enough" stuff.  Not to say it doesn't happen..it does.  But Freeportians are more laid back about it as a general rule.

Honestly, no matter how much you hate the F2P model, or how much you feel like you got shafted. If you miss grouping, roll a new toon Freeport and come see.

Raf

Raffir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Raffir wrote:

Grouping is alive and well on Freeport. Mostly because there are plenty of people on all levels.  Not just maxed out toons.  Consequently, DF groups and pugs are mix of subs and Free players so there is a lot less of the "You can't play cause your mit isn't high enough" stuff.  Not to say it doesn't happen..it does.  But Freeportians are more laid back about it as a general rule.

Honestly, no matter how much you hate the F2P model, or how much you feel like you got shafted. If you miss grouping, roll a new toon Freeport and come see.

Raf

But there's no point to it now. Maybe not every class, but with many you can solo lower tier dungeons.

It's not a population issue. It's a 'why group to share loot and lose xp' issue.

In any case, please don't derail this into yet another F2P thread.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

Onorem wrote:

In any case, please don't derail this into yet another F2P thread.

Raf wouldn't do that. He's awesome SMILEY

But he's right if you want grouping .. even with the "I don't need to share the loot" mentality, there's still an awful lot of it that goes on at the Freeport server. It's quite refreshing.

What else do I miss?

Hrm, how about questlines that forced you to go into the Crypt of Betrayal and the Down Below and Thieves Way? With all the other new starter zones, those old-school zones rarely get used anymore -- although for nostalgia's sake I did do the level 20 Armour Quest on my new little beastlord.... and was delighted to find one existed for that class.

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
Raffir

Loremaster
Raffir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

Onorem wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Grouping is alive and well on Freeport. Mostly because there are plenty of people on all levels.  Not just maxed out toons.  Consequently, DF groups and pugs are mix of subs and Free players so there is a lot less of the "You can't play cause your mit isn't high enough" stuff.  Not to say it doesn't happen..it does.  But Freeportians are more laid back about it as a general rule.

Honestly, no matter how much you hate the F2P model, or how much you feel like you got shafted. If you miss grouping, roll a new toon Freeport and come see.

Raf

But there's no point to it now. Maybe not every class, but with many you can solo lower tier dungeons.

It's not a population issue. It's a 'why group to share loot and lose xp' issue.

In any case, please don't derail this into yet another F2P thread.

Its not derailing anything.  It was direct answer to someone's post.  And thats the mentality thats part of the problem.  If I group I have to share loot and XP?  People group for the comraderie, for fun..or just to not have to solo all the time. thats what people miss.

Besides, Jaeyne is cool.

Raf

Raffir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
daalberith

Lord
daalberith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 85
Default

Jayne, there are still several books that send you to those places. I did a bunch of them a few months ago on one of my Freeport characters. I think I purchased them from a merchant in NH, but I'm sure you can get them other places.

__________________
"The only limitations to our potential are those boundaries which we refuse to cross."

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
daalberith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
amgx

Loremaster
amgx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Default

I miss zones like the Shard of Hate.

This zone had relevance through 2 expansions and was enjoyed by casual as well as hardcore raiders.

What did this zone have that made it good?

1. A distinct graduation of difficulty. Almost everyone could kill the trash. Most guilds could kill 3 or 4 named encounters, but only the top guilds were clearing the zone during its time.

2. Large loot tables with a few highly prized items. This made even the top guilds want to go back again and again. You couldn't outfit your raid with everything you wanted in a short time. Runed Etched Helm and some other coveted items dropped off easy to moderate encounters, but only rarely so it took most people months to obtain them. Some luck in the game is fun.

3. A large amount of optional trash mobs that dropped loot occassionally. The trash also had a large and diverse loot table which it made it interesting and worthwhile to kill.

Principles like these along with some well designed encounters can make some great zones.

amgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #15
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

daalberith wrote:

Jayne, there are still several books that send you to those places. I did a bunch of them a few months ago on one of my Freeport characters. I think I purchased them from a merchant in NH, but I'm sure you can get them other places.

Oooh I'll have to go check those out on my beastie! Thank you! SMILEY

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #16
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Raffir wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Grouping is alive and well on Freeport. Mostly because there are plenty of people on all levels.  Not just maxed out toons.  Consequently, DF groups and pugs are mix of subs and Free players so there is a lot less of the "You can't play cause your mit isn't high enough" stuff.  Not to say it doesn't happen..it does.  But Freeportians are more laid back about it as a general rule.

Honestly, no matter how much you hate the F2P model, or how much you feel like you got shafted. If you miss grouping, roll a new toon Freeport and come see.

Raf

But there's no point to it now. Maybe not every class, but with many you can solo lower tier dungeons.

It's not a population issue. It's a 'why group to share loot and lose xp' issue.

In any case, please don't derail this into yet another F2P thread.

Its not derailing anything.  It was direct answer to someone's post.  And thats the mentality thats part of the problem.  If I group I have to share loot and XP?  People group for the comraderie, for fun..or just to not have to solo all the time. thats what people miss.

Besides, Jaeyne is cool.

Raf

The post said they miss having to band together to defeat something or accomplish a purpose.

I'll admit that I don't speak for that poster and maybe it was worded in a way that I took wrong. I miss that grouping isn't needed (or even beneficial outside powerlevel groups) at all anymore on the way to 90. I don't want people to be forced to group to level...but I miss that there is no real benefit to grouping as you level now.

I can find a group if I want one. That's no problem. I'm in a large, friendly guild full of all levels who want to do things.

I can't give any informed opinion on DF or PUGs...neither interest me.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

DON'T MAKE ME START SINGING!!!!

I'll do it y'know. And it will be some really really crappy song you will never be able to get out of your head.

Hug it out, or go find another thread SMILEY

Smooches to both.

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

Onorem wrote:

The post said they miss having to band together to defeat something or accomplish a purpose.

And I agree with this by the way .. I think having mobs that force you to group was a good thing SMILEY

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #19
Avaku
Server: Antonia Bayle

Lord
Avaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Posts: 49
Default

To this very day I still miss the Isle of Refuge. When I first heard that Freeport was getting a much needed facelift I had hoped to myself that maybe they would make the Isle available once more, and I could have a character start off with a home in Freeport. I was greatly disappointed that it didn't happened, though I wasn't expecting it to happen.

I still miss those places though. I miss 'em a lot.

__________________
Once you go shugo you never go back, nyerk!
Avaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #20
Raffir

Loremaster
Raffir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

Well, part of that goes back to there being no consequences for death.  You can solo anything if you don't mind dying a lot. Grouping "becomes" a necessity if there are real consequences for dying.

----------------------------

Just as aside,

Before the server merge, a bunch of us EQ2x forumites put together an experimental guild based on permanent death consequences.  Basically, if you died and could not be rezzed (if your healer went down too)....then you deleted that toon and started over.

With death being a permanent issue, you'd be surprised how many toons died between Lvls 1-20.   Made soloing a whole new experience.  Scouts and healers seemed to be the toon of choice.  Also made group tactics ultra conservative compared to gameplay now.

It kind of fizzled out.  Partly to all the hoopla over the server merge, AoD, the last GU update and because people got really tired of starting completely over for making a mistake.

----------------------------

All that said...yeah..I agree.  Maybe corpse runs ought to be brought back.

Raf

Raffir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
Mizlek

Loremaster
Mizlek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 105
Default

Meaningful Attribute Stats.

Round Shields.

-Miz

__________________
Remember Temple Street!
Mizlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #22
Citadelli

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: wa... usa
Posts: 176
Default

Focus?  the game is all over the place right now, besides grinding to 90 quickly with no story line, which you can do all solo now with max rewards...? 

Then what?

Citadelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I want challenging overland zones again, Nek forest used to be a nasty place at even con, now you can't die in there if you go AFK and get 50 mobs attacking you.

lol! YES! When I first started playing Nek used to scare the crap out of me SMILEY It was awesome.

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #24
SpineDoc

Loremaster
SpineDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 651
Default

Onorem wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Grouping is alive and well on Freeport. Mostly because there are plenty of people on all levels.  Not just maxed out toons.  Consequently, DF groups and pugs are mix of subs and Free players so there is a lot less of the "You can't play cause your mit isn't high enough" stuff.  Not to say it doesn't happen..it does.  But Freeportians are more laid back about it as a general rule.

Honestly, no matter how much you hate the F2P model, or how much you feel like you got shafted. If you miss grouping, roll a new toon Freeport and come see.

Raf

But there's no point to it now. Maybe not every class, but with many you can solo lower tier dungeons.

It's not a population issue. It's a 'why group to share loot and lose xp' issue.

In any case, please don't derail this into yet another F2P thread.

Its not derailing anything.  It was direct answer to someone's post.  And thats the mentality thats part of the problem.  If I group I have to share loot and XP?  People group for the comraderie, for fun..or just to not have to solo all the time. thats what people miss.

Besides, Jaeyne is cool.

Raf

The post said they miss having to band together to defeat something or accomplish a purpose.

I'll admit that I don't speak for that poster and maybe it was worded in a way that I took wrong. I miss that grouping isn't needed (or even beneficial outside powerlevel groups) at all anymore on the way to 90. I don't want people to be forced to group to level...but I miss that there is no real benefit to grouping as you level now.

I can find a group if I want one. That's no problem. I'm in a large, friendly guild full of all levels who want to do things.

I can't give any informed opinion on DF or PUGs...neither interest me.

While I didn't necessarily mean "have" to group I actually am an advocate of MMO's being mostly grouping activities.  I find the absolute most pleasure out of a MMO from socializing and tackling content that I could not do alone.  Please keep in mind this is MY opinion, the OP was clearly asking what each particular individual missed the most from EQ2.  With all due respect to players who don't like a MMO geared towards grouping I just never personally understood that view.  It's easy enough to play Skyrim and keep a chat window open, heck it's got better graphics, better gameplay, etc.   That's not meant as a slight, it's just that it's not my playstyle unless I'm of the mind to play a single player game.

Of course I'm not asking for the game exactly as it was back then, there were plenty of things wrong.  In fact there are plenty of things wrong with a grouping focused MMO, these are the issues I wish MMO makers would spend their time and energy solving, instead they just gave up.  Things that need fixing and I would never wish upon anyone are gear grinding, waiting around forever to form up a group, player imbalances, etc etc.  I understand these are huge roadblocks and they are not good business because they leave the most casual player by the wayside.  I understand these things still exist, they are what raiding is today and I used to thouroughly enjoy raiding even though it's been twisted by SOE to require much more luck and gear than any skill nowadays.

Simply put I was just reminiscing, in the spirit of the OP's question, what I missed the most about EQ2.  I miss that sense of achievement you got being in a cold hard world which could kill you at any moment, yet you were able to band together a group of players who won in the face of certain defeat.  I think there is a lot of unsaid definition in what I am saying, and older players may understand where I am coming from where newer players may not have any idea about that sense of accomplishment.  I'm probably not putting it into the right words, but beyond the camping, beyond the grinding, beyond the waiting around for groups there was just something intangible but incredibly rewarding about EQ2 that IMO is long gone.

__________________
92 Inquisitor

92 Templar (retired until they are fixed)

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
SpineDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
Nayawk

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
Default

art style - I really miss the art direction the game had at launch. Yes its all brown boring and muddy but I liked it.

archetypes quests - I understand why they went, still miss them though.

strangely the thing I miss the most is the series of little quests you did for Blort in Big Bend. Poor Blort just trying to get ahead.

Nayawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #26
Katz

Loremaster
Katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,601
Default

Don't know if this is so much of a "I miss that" because these zones are still in game, but I love places like Nek castle, Deathfist Citidel, and Estate of Unrest.   I miss having zones like that in the higher levels. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
Xijra

Apprentice
Xijra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Freeport
Posts: 3
Default

Bring back Shadowknight Pets that don't disappear!

Everquest 1 SK pets was a joke, they didn't help at all really, but they was fun.

Everquest 2 SK pets was ok, I didn't care for them *poofing* after the mob died.

"My squire is worthless, I don't ever use him. What's the point in all this worthless fluff?"

I loved the misery of corpse runs!

People learn to play better, and think twice before attacking something,

as well take the game more serious, knowing they have to go get a corpse!

"It's like oh well, I have to go repair now, no big deal killing us all, it happens!"

Mobs chasing you till you zoned or FD

People just ride thru zones pulling anything and everything they can muster now.

Knowing that it will turn around, and go back to its spawn location. Let them chase us!

"And if your AFK, that is your fault not taking this game serious, your in who's world?"

Remove all the portal Bells, Globes & make travel, well.. actually travel!

What ever happen to the day, that you wanted to go somewhere? Oh yeah! Click a bell!

I think it would be more fun, having to ride to the spires, and finding a wizard. (or Druid)

"This game caters to lazy people, when was the last time you seen someone on a boat? Never.."

Who's World are we In Sony? Is it the lazy gamer's world? That want's everthing for free..

__________________
Killing Orcs Since 1996
Xijra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #28
MystsofLedge12

Lord
MystsofLedge12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 189
Default

Avatars make a triumphant return.

Outpost of Overlord/Queen's Colony reopened?

I remember running through Loping after EoF launch aggroing half the zone to get to Sonborn

take the auto coin consolidation back out... use the banker to change out your 500 G for 5 P

bring back weight to items including coin

__________________
Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
MystsofLedge12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #29
Tayne

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 587
Default

lol anyone miss the subcomponents in crafting? I think that's about one of the few old-school things I don't really miss SMILEY

__________________



Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #30
Amekoi

Loremaster
Amekoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 119
Default

Things I miss from ye olde game:

1. random roaming overland epics that would kill you from behind and leave you confused. Halloa, random griffon! You just knocked me silly in the Commonlands.

2. Epic timeline stories. Though part of this is the new player mentality of spastic click through everything. Prismatic 1 had an awesome story to it, and reasons as to why you were doing what you were doing. Tied into this one:

3. Access quests. No one is gonna agree with me here, but there used to be something special about working and achieving your way into getting into zones like Deathtoll and Cheldrak.

4. Avatars. I didn't get to see nearly enough of them, and hadn't battled any of them. But they sure looked fun.

5. Tougher zones and mobs. Betraying from one city to another used to be hell; the run through Nek forest solo used to feel like sprinting from one respawn point to another. Those owlbears and fiery bats made that zone hellishly hard, but so much fun. Grouping was required more, even in overland areas, and forget about soloing a dungeon. You used to have to actually look at levels and arrows before charging headlong into gnolls.

Amekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.