EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

I appreciate allowing me to log into the game and be proved entirely correct that all of the worries I had when I left became absolutely true...

The Bazaar is Dead.

You did absolutely nothing to help the players on that server, and the game itself seems to have barely changed despite a new expansion and multiple game updates.

So, why would you give me forum access so I can tell you that you really shouldn't have done so in the first place?

Verdict: No, I will never come back to your game.

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Brigh

Loremaster

Thank you for your constructive ideas which will further enhance gameplay...

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

You are greatly welcome, but if this is in fact a sarcastic post I suggest you recall the skepticism I had in the past for the direction the game has gone. The ideas are all in the back end of my forum posts.

Good day to you =)

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

SOE thanks you for your $15. I hope you got your money's worth.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Brigh

Loremaster

I have no idea who you are, so your post is 'out of the blue' for me, and I have no desire to dig through your history.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
SirDinadan

Loremaster

I think this might be related to the '7-day inactive account flying mount freeview'.. inactive account given access, and the account owner assumed it was a personal plea for them to return.  Which, in a sense, it was. 

Anyways, the Bazaar's demise has been moderately exaggerated.  We now have that flood.. err.. trickle.. umm.. dry-streambed of transfers over from Vox.  Things are heatin' up, so look out.

There was actually an Emerald Halls pickup raid last night.  Woohoo!

SirDinadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
CheezeBurgerAnimal

Loremaster

He played on Bazaar so his argument is invalid

I have Alt's in real life...
CheezeBurgerAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
Josgar

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I appreciate allowing me to log into the game and be proved entirely correct that all of the worries I had when I left became absolutely true...

The Bazaar is Dead.

You did absolutely nothing to help the players on that server, and the game itself seems to have barely changed despite a new expansion and multiple game updates.

So, why would you give me forum access so I can tell you that you really shouldn't have done so in the first place?

Which is why i've been on unrest forevers @[email protected]

Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
SirDinadan

Loremaster

I've been levelling alts on Oasis.  I've not seen much difference at all in group availability at lower levels between there and Bazaar.  That doesn't mean things are great on Bazaar.. more that a lot of the other servers are having the same population issue and falling back to the level Bazaar was already at.

Luckily, the solution for Bazaar is simple.. add it as an Extended server option.  No one would complain about stuff on SC when RMT is already allowed, and LiveGamer would dearly love the additional population.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
Crismorn

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

You are greatly welcome, but if this is in fact a sarcastic post I suggest you recall the skepticism I had in the past for the direction the game has gone. The ideas are all in the back end of my forum posts.

Good day to you =)

Only a small subsection of eq2 players want to play on an RMT server, I suggest moving to eq2x like many from bazaar have already done.

Of course that would cost you $35 per toon so if $ is an issue for you then maybe video games are not how you should spend your time

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Morrias
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

I've been levelling alts on Oasis.  I've not seen much difference at all in group availability at lower levels between there and Bazaar.  That doesn't mean things are great on Bazaar.. more that a lot of the other servers are having the same population issue and falling back to the level Bazaar was already at.

Luckily, the solution for Bazaar is simple.. add it as an Extended server option.  No one would complain about stuff on SC when RMT is already allowed, and LiveGamer would dearly love the additional population.

Yeah Oasis is pretty dead, no idea how that happened, when I quit it was fine, but I came back to a dead server..

*IF* I stay I'll probably delete my toons and start over on CB.. : (Is it really worth paying $25 for a transfer at this point?)

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
Illmarr

Loremaster

The Bazaar is Dead.

Now if only you'd go quietly into the night. Oh wait, you didn't do that before, so I guess we'll all be subjected to you for another seven days. But at least you finally asked a valid question in "why would you give me forum access so I can tell you that you really shouldn't have done so in the first place?" I'd like an answer to that as well.

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
Mystfit

Loremaster

I would love it if they would open our server up to the EQ2X. They're similar enough in playstle (can't transfer off, use money for playing the game) and we'd have more people!!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Elwin
Server: Venekor
Guild: Blades of Honor

Loremaster

I think this might be related to the '7-day inactive account flying mount freeview'.. inactive account given access, and the account owner assumed it was a personal plea for them to return.  Which, in a sense, it was. 

Anyways, the Bazaar's demise has been moderately exaggerated.  We now have that flood.. err.. trickle.. umm.. dry-streambed of transfers over from Vox.  Things are heatin' up, so look out.

There was actually an Emerald Halls pickup raid last night.  Woohoo!

I almost spat my coffee out when I read that lol. SMILEYAny promotion that has a chance of bringing players back in to game is good. You just can't win em all.

Hoping your raid went well SMILEY 

Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
Gungo

Loremaster

Mystfit wrote:

I would love it if they would open our server up to the EQ2X. They're similar enough in playstle (can't transfer off, use money for playing the game) and we'd have more people!!

Use a copy token to copy your character to eq2x. Sell your toon to recoup all or most of your $17-35 (depending if you saved some double station cash and/or if you had free SC stocked up)

and vortexelementals posts are just as constructive and inciteful as ever.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
cawalton

Loremaster

The Bazaar is Dead.

Dude... you seriously need to get some fresh air, now

cawalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #17
Crismorn

Loremaster

I'm going jion an RMT server and then get confused and angry when others dont feel like playing on this type of server.

Exactly

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
Anestacia

Loremaster

Except that you said this the last 4,000 posts you made before you finally quit.  Velious has been a great addition to the game and your negativity has not been missed.  Come back or dont but why do you really think others care one way or another?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
Thunndar316

Loremaster

Yeah I got an email that my account was activated.  Unfortunately the EQ2 folder is /deleted

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
SirDinadan

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Use a copy token to copy your character to eq2x. Sell your toon to recoup all or most of your $17-35 (depending if you saved some double station cash and/or if you had free SC stocked up)

Does that copy the guild, too?  There's no way I'm leaving a level 82 guild I levelled entirely by myself.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #21
thesiren

Loremaster

I have been saying that Bazaar and Vox both should be converted to Extended servers for a long time now.  One of Extended's biggest ongoing requests is for an open PvP server, and the population explosion would help both servers immensely.  I'm just not sure that:

A.) servers that old could handle the strain of the large, international community at all level ranges that Extended continually brings and

B.) that the Livegamer contracts are flexible enough to allow such changes as different payment tiers like bronze, silver, gold, platinum to be instated there.

I wonder if this idea has already been bandied about in SOE's offices and shot down for one of the above reasons.  If they have overlooked it to this point, though, they really should discuss it.

The Everquest franchise is one of the few they're still going forward with; they need to maximize every aspect of it if they want it to survive and thrive.

PS/ And with all due respect to the vitriol on these forums, if you live-only players had any sense concerning the longevity of your own servers, you would request that ALL EQ2 servers become Extended servers.  The expanded community at all level ranges would only give you more people to team with, sell to, buy from (in one way or another via not only the broker but the /auction channel) and chat with from all over the world.  However, Sony would need to do another advertising push to fill up all those servers.  Maybe at least the still-functioning upgraded clusters like AB, CB, and Naggy could be converted; the others can't seem to handle the strain of even the few peeps over here they've got, let alone any more.

*ducks, but you know it's true*

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #22
MurFalad

Loremaster

Amnerys, can you listen to this user and give him what he is asking for, please SMILEY

The emo is strong in this one.

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
Azekah1

Loremaster

Rahatmattata wrote:

SOE thanks you for your $15. I hope you got your money's worth.

except SOE gave us all free access for the weekend. Nice try though...

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
Peogia

Loremaster

The Bazaar is Dead.

I love the bazaar even with out all the new server up grades it runs ok/decent enough to play most of the game besides public quests ect

and it didn't inherent all the bugs/crashes ect that the other servers did from the mergers

and Destiny of Velious is best expansion they have ever released for all play styles not just raiders/pvpers ect

if you want a mega populated server I think bazaars allowed to transfer to eq2x

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, however I am closing this down now.

Here are a few tips and hints on proper forum etiquette and a couple of helpful guidelines to get your post noticed.

• A well-written post will get a lot more attention than a grammatical topic trick any day, so let common courtesy prevail.
  • Keep your thoughts short and sweet, but include enough detail to fully explain your point
  • Negative comments are completely acceptable, but only when done in terms of constructive criticism. If you've got a beef with something, make your case clear and propose alternatives.

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote