EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2016, 01:59 AM   #1
Chrol

Developer

Hey all!

Please post any and all bugs and feedback regarding The Frillik Tide within this thread.

Thanks!

-Chrol
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
Elowith

I can see no particular direction I should go in (once I have the keys), and guards spot me immediately despite crouching as suggested.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #3
Neiloch

I got through it, but I'm rather annoyed stealth has no 'rules' to it, you have to figure out who can see you and when by trial and error. It won't be much of a problem once walkthroughs and what not are made, but still quite annoying. Two prime examples are the solo guard above your cell and the captain, apparently they can see things coming from a mile away on one side and oblivious to the other.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #4
Dabb

Chrol I think the LoS is way too far for the brig guards
Old 10-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #5
Chrol

Developer

If you stay out of the open space between the brig and the cabin in the center (on deck), you won't get caught. If so, then that's a bug. If you crouch and do a bit of exploring, staying behind guards, you should get enough hints through /say to get you through it.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #6
Kelvani

It is not very clear which guard has my helm.. so I would like to suggest some sort of identifier to point them out?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:04 PM   #7
Alenna

I was crouching going accross the mast and still the gaure saw me while he was under the mast no LOS
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #8
Dabb

Chrol, if in the ship and you go LD and come back you have to start all over again :/

starts you back in thalumbra

then you have to make your way back to the queen

hail her to get back to the ship

once in the ship the quest starts over no matter how far you were advanced in the quest
Old 10-11-2016, 11:11 PM   #9
Dabb

and there is no way to progress there is no rat coming to bring key
Old 10-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #10
Dabb

ok here is rat now, I had to stand on top of the slave for the sequence to start over
Old 10-12-2016, 12:06 AM   #11
Kelvani

Happy to say that once I stopped focusing on finding the helm and looked around a bit got back on track. It was not an easy quest, but once you know it its doable. So, with us beta folks to help when it goes live should be doable for the majority. Some folks just will fail cause they don't do timing well =p
Old 10-12-2016, 12:10 AM   #12
Quigly

I enjoyed this little instance. As long as people are taking time to read /say and examining the items they can pick up it is pretty self explanatory.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:16 AM   #13
Chrol

Developer

Putting in more clues, including the part about the slaver with the helm. Also, some helms were not clickable - this will be fixed.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:16 AM   #14
Chrol

Developer

This will be fixed.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:22 AM   #15
Buggabug

It took some time, trial and error and omg patience. I wouldn't put the time in on multiple toons though; I'd just stay in Thalumbra.
Buggabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:31 AM   #16
Materfarmer

Whenever the guards would catch me I would equip my gear. Sometimes I can see the gear on me sometimes not but I presume you want us to stay "disarmed" of all gear until the final bit
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:33 AM   #17
Materfarmer

Oh and while it did take some deaths to figure out things I felt there were plenty of dialogue clues except for getting out of the box. Unless I missed the clue about clicking off buff.
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #18
Catterinna

I am across the mast and the guard cant even see me but i get caught
Old 10-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #19
Elowith

I really don't understand the point of this zone. It is a mixture of Mario skills/coordination and doing 'puzzles' that are the same for everyone and are frustrating enough that channels (and soon wiki) provide a much-needed detailed walk through, taking the thinking out of it.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #20
Errrorr

I liked the zone, it was relatively simple with a bit of thought. I then helped lots of people through it via general chat who got it.

I do think the clues could use their radius expending a little, but that seems fine now. People just lack patience for these kind of zones as they can't steam roll it
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #21
Fredero

I have decided to do away with my gear, those pesky pirates can keep it! However, I am keeping the crate! I am now forever to be a crate BigGrin
Old 10-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #22
Uncle

the rope imho need to be put in a better place behind the guard having it where it currently is was troublesome for me to get if the guard desided to stay put for an extened period of time

uncle
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #23
Chrol

Developer

You'll be able to grab the rope and the pick from a bit further away after the next update NOW!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #24
Maripop

I did the adventure instance yesterday and ran an alt through to perfect my timing etc. Today doing the TS line I found myself again on this ship. I was doing amazing and then I got to the guy that has your hat and he was MIA!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #25
Chrol

Developer

Did you see him walk out of the cabin where the captain is?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #26
silentstalker65

this IS NOT fun
Old 10-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #27
Shadowscale

get caught way to easy, guards never reset to unalerted state. crouching seems to do nothing
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #28
Maripop

Make sure to close the cell after you leave! Leaving it open increases everyone's awareness.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #29
jasonx

This must be one of the most exciting zones since forever. It's nice to see a change of perspective and doing things a little more different.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #30
endlesslove

This is rediculus, I get to the rope, try to grap rope and still get blown off and sent back to the beginning, that's wrong, I worked hard to get to that point. there should be a half way point for most. and most are 60+ yrs and have held a gold account since day one of this game, that should count for something. and when you log off you should be put back where u left off. just my opinion. sigh....... hoping things could get easier in days ahead....