EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Performance Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Zabjade

Loremaster

I can give you no other information, as it causes my whole computer to hang and I have to do a hard-reboot. This is a recent issue.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Zabjade wrote:

I can give you no other information, as it causes my whole computer to hang and I have to do a hard-reboot. This is a recent issue.

Since many things can cause the game to crash, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team so they can further investigate in the matter. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Lamatu

Loremaster

Total guess on my part but you can try deleting the file everquest2.exe and repatching. Another suggestion is deleting one of your characters .xml files and see if that helps.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Zabjade

Loremaster

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Zabjade wrote:

Since many things can cause the game to crash, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team so they can further investigate in the matter. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)

You may have to walk me through that I use XP still.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
Daryx
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

This also has started happening to me since Thursday's hotfix. I'll submit a tech support ticket but it's not an isolated incident. (I have had Windows 7 for almost 2 years and haven't had any issues like this until Thursday.)

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
SteelPiston

Loremaster

The same thing happens to me now. This has never happened before, but I've done two  /camp today and crashed to desktop the first time and booted to character select the second time.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
Zabjade

Loremaster

Okay, I did a Validate Game Assets and although nothing was recorded as being downloaded or fixed, the problem seems to have vanished...for now.

Now if we could only get the t2 Guild-hall(Qeynos side) crashing issue fixed SMILEY

Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Sannavekk

Loremaster

As I mentioned in another thread , which was moved, that validating the game assets ( full file scan) worked for me too.

BUT!

next time after a reboot I ran the game again I get the problem again. I am guessing the patcher is doing something that affects certain of us since thur.

Sannavekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Zabjade wrote:

Okay, I did a Validate Game Assets and although nothing was recorded as being downloaded or fixed, the problem seems to have vanished...for now.

Now if we could only get the t2 Guild-hall(Qeynos side) crashing issue fixed

Zabjade, glad to know that validating your game assets helped. I will make sure the crashing/zone issue is addressed to the proper team!

How to Contact Support:

Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Zabjade

Loremaster

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Zabjade wrote:

Zabjade, glad to know that validating your game assets helped. I will make sure the crashing/zone issue is addressed to the proper team!

Unfortunately the problem is back and validating didn't work SMILEY could you walk me though the reports you need?

Looks like when I Ctr-alt-del to escape before the crash (It goes blank-screen rather than Character select) it looks like memory usage is quite high.

I am using Window's X P in classic mode. (So methods using the 7 aren't quite the same.)

Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Zabjade wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Zabjade wrote:

Unfortunately the problem is back and validating didn't work could you walk me though the reports you need?

Looks like when I Ctr-alt-del to escape before the crash (It goes blank-screen rather than Character select) it looks like memory usage is quite high.

I am using Window's X P in classic mode. (So methods using the 7 aren't quite the same.)

Oh I see! I'd recommend you contacting our support team via chat/phone/email so we can further assist you. PM me the ticket number reference number and I'll be more than happy to help you attain those files.

How to Contact Support: