EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
decator666

Champion

I have been kind of struggling to find quests in the 80's with my warden and wondering where is a good place to go at 85 to pick up quests that going to yield me at least yellow mobs to kill?

I have finished sundered frontier (i think).  I max out my rep with the panda people.  Before that I had already run out of quests to do north of that zone...I tried the wastelands but there are no quests offered as of yet.

Thanks!

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
decator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Drupal

Elder

SF and SH have more than enough to get you to 90. Start doing your epic quests as well, at 85 you can complete both and run several instances as well.

SH has so many quests that I'd be surprised if you can't hit 90. Don't forget the panda quests, then the ones via the cave behind the attackers respawn point.

Make sure you really finished SF meaning doing the Kerra island quests. Also don't forget the box quests both in SF and SH. If you aren't 90 yet, then you are doing something very very very wrong .

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

Drupal wrote:

SF and SH have more than enough to get you to 90. Start doing your epic quests as well, at 85 you can complete both and run several instances as well.

SH has so many quests that I'd be surprised if you can't hit 90. Don't forget the panda quests, then the ones via the cave behind the attackers respawn point.

Make sure you really finished SF meaning doing the Kerra island quests. Also don't forget the box quests both in SF and SH. If you aren't 90 yet, then you are doing something very very very wrong .

I left SF at 86th level, I think -- as soon as I could begin accepting quests in Great Divide. Prior to leaving, I'd done every soloable quest I could find in SF, to include the pandas & Kerra Isle.

The "box" quests are indescribably dull. I would never advocate someone spend acres of time on them. Just get to 86, & off to DOV you go. I think chronoing down & soloing lower level dungeons is a much better idea than the box quests, especially if you have XP pots.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
decator666

Champion

I was hoping so much I could quest in the great divide.  I can easily kill level 92 mobs yet none of those quests have opened up yet...

I did finish the panda quests and the Kerra quests as my rep is maxed with both factions.  I don't like repeatable quests much because they never offer much reward and sometimes offer 0 money.

The sundered highlands didn't offer me any additional quests last time I checked at level 84, but I will double check now that i'm 85.  My levels have been crawling in the 80's and I was thrilled to gain 2 more levels on this char during double xp (sadly I had many other toons to work too).

Thanks so much for the info on this!

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

You finished stoneburnt?

If your issue is more challenging mobs to kill for your quests, go do the 'heroic' quests in the hole.

I wouldn't start G.D. till atleast 87 if not 88.  Too many quests in there are level restricted and you end up 'bouncing' around quite a bit if you jump the gun.

You know its silly you can't say GeeDee on these forums since its a common zone abbreviation...

Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
decator666

Champion

Ulrichvon wrote:

You finished stoneburnt?

If your issue is more challenging mobs to kill for your quests, go do the 'heroic' quests in the hole.

I wouldn't start G.D. till atleast 87 if not 88.  Too many quests in there are level restricted and you end up 'bouncing' around quite a bit if you jump the gun.

You know its silly you can't say GeeDee on these forums since its a common zone abbreviation...

I did finish stoneburn except the box is still in my inv even though I ran thru those quests once...maybe I can redo them but I hate repeatable quests.

I just like to fight above myself for better xp gain.  The challenge is not much greater from white to orange so once things start going blue I am outta there.

I have done some instances a while back with my merc as he is a powerhouse (swashy)...but haven't tried the hole...i just know i died alot falling there from my flying mount (some kind of bug or stupid design of the zone).  But I will check that out too just to see if there is a possiblity of working thru those quests.  As long as there isn't crowns on their name my merc can stay alive while i heal him.

Thanks for the help on this.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
Old 09-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Mermut

Loremaster

decator666 wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

You finished stoneburnt?

I did finish stoneburn except the box is still in my inv even though I ran thru those quests once...maybe I can redo them but I hate repeatable quests.

I just like to fight above myself for better xp gain.  The challenge is not much greater from white to orange so once things start going blue I am outta there.

I have done some instances a while back with my merc as he is a powerhouse (swashy)...but haven't tried the hole...i just know i died alot falling there from my flying mount (some kind of bug or stupid design of the zone).  But I will check that out too just to see if there is a possiblity of working thru those quests.  As long as there isn't crowns on their name my merc can stay alive while i heal him.

Thanks for the help on this.

The box quests you do each one 5 times and then you get a final quest and reward and the box goes away.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

decator666 wrote:

I was hoping so much I could quest in the great divide.  I can easily kill level 92 mobs yet none of those quests have opened up yet...

I did finish the panda quests and the Kerra quests as my rep is maxed with both factions.  I don't like repeatable quests much because they never offer much reward and sometimes offer 0 money.

The sundered highlands didn't offer me any additional quests last time I checked at level 84, but I will double check now that i'm 85.  My levels have been crawling in the 80's and I was thrilled to gain 2 more levels on this char during double xp (sadly I had many other toons to work too).

The Sundered Frontier quests go through lvl 84.  The Stonebrunt Highlands quests start at lvl 85 and go through lvl 90.  They start with Ziya at the Intercontinental Temporal Station once you zone in to SH.  (Get there by using the Tox Forest flightpad in Sundered Frontier.  Stonebrunt Highlands should be a choice)  Once you finish Ziya's quest, you will be moved on to Moonfield Hamlet for quests there.  There are a LOT of quests in Stonebrunt (which is completely different than Sundered Frontier).. including a new set of Panda quests for a different set of Panda's.  You should have no problem getting to lvl 90.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
decator666

Champion

[email protected] wrote:

decator666 wrote:

The Sundered Frontier quests go through lvl 84.  The Stonebrunt Highlands quests start at lvl 85 and go through lvl 90.  They start with Ziya at the Intercontinental Temporal Station once you zone in to SH.  (Get there by using the Tox Forest flightpad in Sundered Frontier.  Stonebrunt Highlands should be a choice)  Once you finish Ziya's quest, you will be moved on to Moonfield Hamlet for quests there.  There are a LOT of quests in Stonebrunt (which is completely different than Sundered Frontier).. including a new set of Panda quests for a different set of Panda's.  You should have no problem getting to lvl 90.

I think i will do the box quests 4 more times to get that done even though yes it is boring.  I did both sets of panda quests one in stonebrunt and one in sundered.  I did the Moonfield Hamlet quests.  I even did the crafting quests which gave me (not enough) rep with the keran crafters, but the hua (pandas) I couldn't do as my warden is a weaponsmith and they seem to discriminate...

Hopefully I can get to 86 or 87 with the box quest.  I already did 1 box quest in sundererd frontier and finished the box on that one.  I really need to travel around stonebrunt some more because the quantity of quests there seemed small but you kind of lose track as to how many quests you have done after a while and spreading it out I may have forgotten how many there were.  I just know it only gained me like 5 levels between the 2 zones (78 thru 85) including double xp weekend for my last 2 level raises...so maybe I missed something because there is no way it will get me to 90 at this rate.  It's kind of hard to explore the sundered zone because the mountains are impassible on my griffon so i have to do a long flight around to try to get to the edges or any other civilization that may be hiding on the other side of the zone.

Hopefully I missed a few cities hehe.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

You might want to check the Stonebrunt Highlands Timeline (http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Stone...hlands_Timeline)

If you find that you have done all of the quests there, then the next step would be Great Divide, though you need to be at least level 86 adventurer to start that quest line.  Great Divide Timeline http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Divide_Timeline 

Have you finished all of the Heritage Quests that you can do?  Heritage Quest Timeline http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline

Also, if you haven't already done it, going back and doing the Order of Rime Timeline (http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Order...f_Rime_Timeline) will not only get you some xp, but advancing your Rime faction above KoS does help you out some in Great Divide with aggro issues. 

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
decator666

Champion

[email protected] wrote:

You might want to check the Stonebrunt Highlands Timeline (http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Stone...hlands_Timeline)

If you find that you have done all of the quests there, then the next step would be Great Divide, though you need to be at least level 86 adventurer to start that quest line.  Great Divide Timeline http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Divide_Timeline 

Have you finished all of the Heritage Quests that you can do?  Heritage Quest Timeline http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline

Also, if you haven't already done it, going back and doing the Order of Rime Timeline (http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Order...f_Rime_Timeline) will not only get you some xp, but advancing your Rime faction above KoS does help you out some in Great Divide with aggro issues. 

I will check the timeline link thanks for that!

I know I haven't done any heritage quests.  Not that i didn't want to but I always heard they require big groups to complete which I am not in.  It's just me and my merc.  But we do okay in some instances.

Oh, I don't think I did the Order of Rime Timeline either as it doesn't sound familiar.  I will check that also.

Thanks so much for those links it does give me something to check.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
Regolas

Loremaster

I know it's not questing, but mentoring to 80 and ploughing through sebilis with a tank merc will get you to 86 pretty quick (with vitality bonus) and then all the Great Divide quests open up. Get your faction for adornments merchants then and you should be getting close to 90 by the end of EW timeline. If you're still below 90, mentor back to 80 and go back to seb (or chardock or chelsith etc) At 90 the WL questline opens up.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
decator666

Champion

Regolas wrote:

I know it's not questing, but mentoring to 80 and ploughing through sebilis with a tank merc will get you to 86 pretty quick (with vitality bonus) and then all the Great Divide quests open up. Get your faction for adornments merchants then and you should be getting close to 90 by the end of EW timeline. If you're still below 90, mentor back to 80 and go back to seb (or chardock or chelsith etc) At 90 the WL questline opens up.

I will try that if I can't find more quests to do...where is sebilis?  I have a swashy merc and he is pretty efficient at killing, except the mobs with crowns on their name.  I did mentor down to 80 to do some writs but it wasn't working out for xp or guild rep because my tradeskill writs were better.  But can i do sebilis at 85 or it won't let me do it?

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
Old 09-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #14
Regolas

Loremaster

Sebilis is off Kunzar Jungle, near the Outer Sebilis station. Not sure if a swashbuckler merc will handle yellow con triple heroics (deep Sebilis is L83, which is why it's good xp at 80), I know the paladin merc can (with you healing), as I did it with my warden. It will probably be ok, you'll just have to heal it a bit more.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #15
Regolas

Loremaster

You can do it at 85 but if you mentor to 80 then a lot of mobs will be yellow so give more xp per kill, for only a 5% xp penalty of mentoring. At 85 almost all of it will be blue, save a few white named mobs.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
decator666

Champion

Regolas wrote:

Sebilis is off Kunzar Jungle, near the Outer Sebilis station. Not sure if a swashbuckler merc will handle yellow con triple heroics (deep Sebilis is L83, which is why it's good xp at 80), I know the paladin merc can (with you healing), as I did it with my warden. It will probably be ok, you'll just have to heal it a bit more.

Okay thanks!  I will try it at 85 first just to make sure i can do it...my merc is pretty amazing...i've had alot of mercs and so far he is my fave...the pally merc doesn't seem to match the damage of the swash...since my swash is getting 15k - 25k damage per hit plus all kills in that range...amazing really haha...

I will give it a try and maybe just stick to the beginning of the instance and reset if it's too hard to fight the deep sebilis boss mobs.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
Old 09-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
Regolas

Loremaster

Sebilis is a contested dungeon, not an instance. The entrance has weak frogs at level 75ish, then iksar as you go deeper that range from 76-83. There's 2 levels, the main level and the basement level. Basement has better xp (L80+), but start on the top level if you're a bit nervous. You should do fine though.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Deago

Loremaster

Id say peatbog it but alas that was nerfed.  Used to be THE place to lv/aa 92/320...telling you it was amazing.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #19
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Great Divide (Velious) quests require 86, but you should really be 86 1/2 because otherwise you will run out of quests before you ding 87.

Always surprised when people disparage the Icebox and Pantry quests. Yes, if you are a lore hound or want every quest to be rich with story, they will bore you. But if you are wanting to level, then I can think of no better setup than being able to just examine a box repeatedly and pick up 8 or 12 quests which can each be repeated 4 times. The Icebox and Pantry quests are each worth about 1 level (2% xp ea) and require no traveling back to an NPC to complete and repeat.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote