EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Deago

Loremaster

Well this double exp helped me reach my goal of 250aa @ lv 14.  I guess I lv now.

I did have a question though about aa mobs if somebody could fill me in... if your capped on aa and you kill a named with the star (thus not getting any aa until next cap increase) the star should still be there later right?

Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Kizee

Loremaster

Grats but I cringe at all the disco that is going to be wasted and all the AA that you miss from named while leveling.

I am at 210 @ level 30 and I think that the last 40 will come just by running the dungeons for named and disco.

To answer you question yes the star will remain until you actually get AA from the mob.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Laiina

Loremaster

I guess you realize that you totally wasted about 30-40 AA that you would/will get between 14 and 90. Just running each SF instance one time gives you about 10 AA or so.

Not to mention that you can't even spend it all until 81.

And no, you also lost any AA you would have gotten from starred mobs and disco. The star means you have not killed it before, it has nothing to do with AA except that you won't get what you would have gotten, ever.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
dawy

Loremaster

madness

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
Deago

Loremaster

Ah well its all good!  Fun fun fun!  I just wanted to see if I could do it!

I wish I could get the title "The Madness" lol where are the dev's at !!!  lol j/k

I literally fell asleep at the keyboard more than once grinding orcs.

Yes I probably could have stalled at 200-220 and still made it to 250 at 90 but the point was to do it all low level.  Just for kicks and giggles.

Oh and... "haters gonna hate"  SMILEY

Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
vinere

Loremaster

Laiina wrote:

I guess you realize that you totally wasted about 30-40 AA that you would/will get between 14 and 90. Just running each SF instance one time gives you about 10 AA or so.

And no, you also lost any AA you would have gotten from starred mobs and disco. The star means you have not killed it before, it has nothing to do with AA except that you won't get what you would have gotten, ever.

Well you are parcially right.. the star means you HAVE NOT got aa from that mob, not that you havnt killed it.  If you kill a mob with a star @250 aa, That mob will still have a star the next time u kill it.  It will have a star until they raise the AA cap, and you go back to kill it, and get AA from it.

vinere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Laiina

Loremaster

I started a similar project a while back, but at around 150 AA/level 23 I realized i would be wasting a ton of AA to come later.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
vinere

Loremaster

Your new goal should be to get to LvL 90 with zero AA

Old 09-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
Ahlana

Loremaster

Laiina wrote:

This is not true at all. The star means it will give AA. If you are capped on AA and kill a named you never killed before it will still have the star and give AA when the cap is raised. Nothing at all missed on them.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
Deago

Loremaster

vinere wrote:

Laiina wrote:

Well you are parcially right.. the star means you HAVE NOT got aa from that mob, not that you havnt killed it.  If you kill a mob with a star @250 aa, That mob will still have a star the next time u kill it.  It will have a star until they raise the AA cap, and you go back to kill it, and get AA from it.

Yes this was my take on the situation...otherwise capped 90's would not kill any new content till the aa cap went higher.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Afr

Loremaster

Any self-sufficient way to do this as a 36 Dirge? I'm doing pretty well on AA's, got 84. I don't have another character to PL with or the play to buy collectibles. I'm currently questing in EL/ZEK, is there a better way? (I also passed through WC, BB, FG and the like), level locked of course.

Afr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
vinere

Loremaster

Afr wrote:

Any self-sufficient way to do this as a 36 Dirge? I'm doing pretty well on AA's, got 84. I don't have another character to PL with or the play to buy collectibles. I'm currently questing in EL/ZEK, is there a better way? (I also passed through WC, BB, FG and the like), level locked of course.

If you are soloing, then not really.  most people grind AA with a lvl 90 tank mentored down power leveling them.   You are best off just questing your way to 90.  If you take your time and do it this way, you will get to level 90 with 200ish AA which is a good solid amount to have.  Just use the eq2 wiki solo timeline, and quest you way threw.  This also allows you to learn how to play your class decently.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #13
dawy

Loremaster

fair play to the OP its takes some doing that SMILEY

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Grumble69

Loremaster

Laiina wrote:

He's got TONS of AAs he can still get.  It's not a waste at all.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
Ahlana

Loremaster

Grumble69 wrote:

Laiina wrote:

He's got TONS of AAs he can still get.  It's not a waste at all.

More than most have avail to him when the cap raises. He can skip all quests and PL to 90 thus leaving all that avail. He can go back for all the named... he is well off in his current position lol

Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #16
Daedalus Raistlin

Loremaster

That's an accomplishment, though I can't help but shudder at all the AA you'll miss out on when you have to grind through RoK. Or do you plan to level up after the AA cap is raised? However far away that may be.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #17
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Well this double exp helped me reach my goal of 250aa @ lv 14.  I guess I lv now.

mind sharing where you hunted/churned/etc? PM is fine...

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #18
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 AM   #19
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Daedalus Raistlin wrote:

That's an accomplishment, though I can't help but shudder at all the AA you'll miss out on when you have to grind through RoK. Or do you plan to level up after the AA cap is raised? However far away that may be.

he wont miss out on hardly any aa from any content, he can grind to 90 without touching most of the content. then whent he cap is raised go back and chrono down to run it.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #20
acctlc

Loremaster

You just made every whiner on my server that says our guild requires too much aa to join look terribly pathetic. Way to go!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #21
Verrie77

Loremaster

He isnt loosing anything if he just keeps grinding mobs,and dont hit any nameds...or do any quests.He will instead have loads left to do next lvl cap.Grats and good work

Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
Deago

Loremaster

I plan on just grinding to 90 for the most part only doing a few quests such as the epic etc... 

I figured at the next cap increase I could go back and kill names/quests etc.. 

I have not turned in any collections either so that may help at the next cap increase as well.

I hunted alot of orcs in frostfang and cl etc.. One of my favorite spots was the darklight woods sableflame camp.  By the time you clear it its popped again so even though heroics are better I didnt have anybody helping me so i stuck to solo mobs *shrug.*

At the time of this post tough from yesterday im now lv 55 lol from just grinding.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #23
Calain80

Loremaster

You did still loose the discovery AA as these are not saved as the Named AA. SMILEY
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
Grumble69

Loremaster

I'll trade you 30-40AAs for 250.  Make sense now?

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
MurFalad

Loremaster

Congratulations, insane, but very cool SMILEY  As for the wasted AA, I think once you went over 200 AA you just had to max out, I know I would.

And I was quite pleased with my 50 or so AA and a few levels earn't on a couple of Toons this weekend SMILEY

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #26
LivelyHound

Loremaster

Laiina wrote:

Pretty sure its been changed because my 250 aa toon who is killing new names and then gone back to those names still has the star available. I'm guessing area disco will be wasted however.

LivelyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #27
Deago

Loremaster

I will say this....  As gimped geared as I am using apprentice spells the aa waaaay then more makes up for it making the solo grind still very very easy.

I will start upgrading 80+  I just dont see a big reason to unless I was doing bg's with 250aa already.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #28
Eritius
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fate by Blood

Loremaster

How long did this actually take?

Eritius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #29
treebouncer

Loremaster

I doubt it took that long at all tbh.

I made a bruiser and started him from scratch, i had him at 14/51 in about 5 hours. It could have been faster but I started in halas which I had never done before, and I didnt get any mastercrafted stuff until after i left at around 14/25.

I then picked up my lvl 14 warlock with 18 aa in full mastercrafted. Think I got him to about 45 AA in about an hourish.

I stopped playing around the SF release. Im guessing they really ramped up the speed in which you can just "grind" AA. I remember doing all the starting areas and what not and getting like 40aa in a week if you worked really hard at it. Even without the double exp your still looking at like 12AA ish an hour hardcore grinding.

The warlock went stupid fast, I just ran around the first crushbone area in Gfay cataclyseming everything I could. Mobs would generally drop on one AE, especially once i grabbed aftershock.  Im sure if I found a better spot with faster respawns and mobs more condensed it would have gone a lot faster, but it was getting late and i didnt really have time to look.

treebouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #30
Kaszan
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Nexus

Lord

I managed to get 14 / 136 in just under 3 hours. I think once I found my spot it would have only been another 2 or 3 hours to max. Unfortunatly the exp bonus ended as I dinged 136aa's :p

Kaszan is offline   Reply With Quote