EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
gatrm

Loremaster

I had argued against this change, and suggested an alternative while it was still on test, but as normal, suggestions were ignored.  There was no good reason to change the naming conventions and using roman numerals to differntiate tiers of spells was an all around bad idea. 

Forgoing arguments against the change, now that it has been implemented, is there any way to make it more useable by the tradeskiller?

For example, I  was trying to do rush order writs with my alchemist.  It should have been easy, but I kept clicking on the wrong spell to make since they all have the same name now.  The roman numerals just don't differentiate it enough to make it user friendly. 

If making a spell upgrade for someone, they tell me the name of the spell...They used to be able to tell me the spell and I could simply type in the name of it and voila I made the right one.  Now, I have a list of spells, all with the same freaking name and I have to actually pay attention to click on the right one.....

Nothing was simplified in this change, heck a new player has a greater chance of buying the wrong spell now because it's got the same name as their old one....or the next one they can't use yet...

One thing is for certain, I won't be making spells for outsiders any more.  It's too much trouble now, I'll just make stuff for alts, friends and guidies, or the occasional spell to throw on the broker.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Deson

Loremaster

Make filters. I've had tier filters since forever ago and find they help tremendously.
I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Dollin
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

Filters are definatly your friend.

As far as not knowing you spells, when you search in the broker it puts the appropriate lvl next to the item as well as theres a nice colour coded feature that has been around for a long time which lets you know if its usable or not as well. And if you hold your mouse over the item itself it will tell you if you have it scribed or not. As some what annoying as it is to relearn some of the spells, its just a matter of time before you get to know them again. Its really no different then starting an alt and learning the spells as you go with that toon.

Dollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Alku

General

gatrm wrote:

Now, I have a list of spells, all with the same freaking name and I have to actually pay attention to click on the right one.....

There's other games to play if you really think paying attention is a bad thing.

Alku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
gatrm

Loremaster

Alkure wrote:

gatrm wrote:

Now, I have a list of spells, all with the same freaking name and I have to actually pay attention to click on the right one.....

There's other games to play if you really think paying attention is a bad thing.

Thanks wiseguy.

It's the principle of the thing really.  There was no good reason to change something that worked perfectly well for four and a half years. 

The writs aren't really an issue I guess cause yeah the color coding helps to an extent, but it makes a rushorder hard to complete on low to mid level crafters....you know those levels where you need every second of those 8 minutes given to you and anything that slows you down makes finishing it a question. 

The primary problem comes when making a spell for someone not myself...it's not a matter of knowing my own spells...it's a matter of not knowing spells for another class entirely...you know, random people or guildies or friends you might be crafting stuff for.  you people do that right?  It's differentiating between two spells, both greyed out, where the only freaking difference is a single roman numeral  II instead of III.  Very easy to scribe the wrong spell, especially when it gives you a headache trying to differentiate between those numerals. 

I'll try the filters, but I may have to just quit making spells altogether.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #6
Ashlian

Loremaster

gatrm wrote:

Alkure wrote:

gatrm wrote:

Thanks wiseguy.

It's the principle of the thing really.  There was no good reason to change something that worked perfectly well for four and a half years. 

The writs aren't really an issue I guess cause yeah the color coding helps to an extent, but it makes a rushorder hard to complete on low to mid level crafters....you know those levels where you need every second of those 8 minutes given to you and anything that slows you down makes finishing it a question. 

The primary problem comes when making a spell for someone not myself...it's not a matter of knowing my own spells...it's a matter of not knowing spells for another class entirely...you know, random people or guildies or friends you might be crafting stuff for.  you people do that right?  It's differentiating between two spells, both greyed out, where the only freaking difference is a single roman numeral  II instead of III.  Very easy to scribe the wrong spell, especially when it gives you a headache trying to differentiate between those numerals. 

I'll try the filters, but I may have to just quit making spells altogether.

It was an asinine change, not least because for some reason my spells with apostrophes no longer worked in my modded group window and I had to use the SPELL ID NUMBER from my logs to get them to work. Seriously.....why? At any rate, I started a sage recently and already noticed that without filters, rush orders are a complete pain in the butt.