EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
gatrm

Loremaster

Any chance of either removing the extremely annoying confirmation dialogue box any time I pay my housing rent?  That or give players an option to turn it off, or allow us to have a single button that will allow us to pay a month or longer without the stupid confirmation.  If I wasn't absolutely certain I wanted to pay it, I wouldn't click.  Or, change it so that we can set a certain figure for confirmation, like on the broker...  

.....this section edited cause it's really not necessary and sorta inflamatory.... just frustrated by a lot of things about EQ2 lately.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
Pouts

Loremaster

Seconded, I don't like having to click yes 5+ times to pay my rent.

Pouts
(Life's not fair. You whine, you cry, and then you die. The end. Get over it.)

Pouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #3
Desna
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Veeshans Fury

Loremaster

I'd rather they fix more important things about the game vs someone having to move their finger 5 extra times for something once a month or three.

Desna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
Eveningsong

Tester

An unfortunate side effect of guild halls.  It was entirely too easy to pay upkeep by mistake on halls, so I'm actually happy they put in the confirmation (its really a pain when you put in just enough cash/status to buy an amenity then click the wrong bloody button and pay upkeep, then don't have enough to buy the amenity anymore...).   Of course, there might have been other ways to do it, but at least this way people have no valid complaint if they pay more rent/upkeep than they had intended.  Personally, I tend to pay my house rent a month or more at a time, so its click click a few times then forget about it for a while.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
Trellium

Loremaster

Desna_Venekor wrote:

I'd rather they fix more important things about the game vs someone having to move their finger 5 extra times for something once a month or three.

Well, its 11-12 times (pay by the week up to 84 days) that you have to move your hand plus going back makes it 24. Multiply that by 24 characters and suddenly it becomes a medical issue and that takes priority over other things.

This is one of the most irritating sections in the game.

Trellium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I have a bigger question. What in the world is the point of Escrow in a house? The only possible use I could think of is so EITHER people can click on your door and pay the bill out of Escrow OR for the rent to be paid automatically. Neither happens. As it is, I periodically get locked out of my house and unable to get there using the Guild Hall portal despite having more than enough gold in escrow to auto-pay the bill. I have to call home, run through Qeynos, and pay the bill at the door. So what is the point of Escrow again?
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

I have a bigger question. What in the world is the point of Escrow in a house? The only possible use I could think of is so EITHER people can click on your door and pay the bill out of Escrow OR for the rent to be paid automatically. Neither happens. As it is, I periodically get locked out of my house and unable to get there using the Guild Hall portal despite having more than enough gold in escrow to auto-pay the bill. I have to call home, run through Qeynos, and pay the bill at the door. So what is the point of Escrow again?

Escrow existed long before the portal from the GH, and that portal cannot help you pay your rent. It would be nice if it could.

Escrow in houses was never all that useful, except if you wanted to store money so that any trustee of the house could pay rent using it. IE I have a few alts whose houses I use for storage. I put about 1g in their escrow so that any time I (or a an alt) stop by it pays out of there, since some storage alts don't have any cash on them at all. It's still useful, but it would be nice if there was an option (like a checkbox) for it to auto-pay for the house when someone tries to zone in but rent is due.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote