EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
-=Hoss=-

Loremaster

I used the search feature as best as I was able, and I couldn't find where this had been asked or answered yet.  Is it considered an exploit to use 2 of the temporary weapon adornments at the same time?  I know the description says primary weapon only, but it is easy to get two (I did it accidentally the first time) and people are telling me that devs who play the game are saying to go ahead and use 2 because SOE knows about it and has decided not to change it.  Since I don't know any bonafide developers in the game that I can ask, I figure this is the best place to get an answer I can trust.  If its not an exploit, please change the description to avoid confusion and remove any doubt.  thanks-h
-=Hoss=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

I double adorn most of my dual wield toons myself mostly just for ease of reaquipping when i got to take everything off to tradeskill. From that standpoint even though it says it on perminent adornments as well i hardly pay attention to the trigger amounts. Anyway, if they already know then there's not really much else to say but game on till they say "OOPS, it was a bug after all"

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
-=Hoss=-

Loremaster

I don't actually understand what you said there, aneova. You realize I'm talking about temporary adornments? For Instance, Rillisian Rager Whetstones. You burn temporary adornments when your weapons are unequipped while tradeskilling? Anyway, I asked here because I assumed domino was the one who developed those particular adornments and I hoped she might have a comment. -h
-=Hoss=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Rijacki

Tester

The chance to proc is on primary weapon hits, no matter if it's on the primary weapon or a secondary.  If you have the same adornment on 2 weapons dual-wielded, does that increase your chance for that proc?  That's still a bit of an unknown. If the procs are different, though, they will both have a chance to proc, but only on the primary weapon hits.Can you adorn, perm or temp, any weapon whether single or dual wielded? yes.  Does it make the proc go off with secondary hits? no.  Does it increase the overall proc rate? unknown.  It's much the same as wearing 2 crafted proc rings, such as the imbued INT ring.  If you wear 2 of the same, you might get a slightly increased chance to proc.  If you wear 2 different rings, both procs have a chance to trigger using the same mechanism.