EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #121
Sigrdrifa

For the effect "Fellowship of the Underfoot", the effect description reads:

When Equipped:

• On any combat or spell hit this spell may cast Fellowship of the Underfoot on target. Lasts for 16.0 seconds. Triggers about 3.0 times per minute.
    • Increases Crit Bonus of raid and group members (AE) by 6.0%
    • Increases Potency of raid and group members (AE) by 35.0%
    • Cannot be modified except by direct means.
  • This item may not be used in a PVP zone.
  • Cannot be modified except by direct means.
Is that supposed to be in there twice?
Old 11-09-2015, 03:26 AM   #122
Sigrdrifa

As much as I like this, I don't think this is supposed to be possible. I have THREE prestige items equipped. Well, the censer was prestige last time I looked at it, I thought!

[IMG]
Old 11-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #123
Caith

Developer

Prestige items do not limit how many you can wear, relic items do. Prestige items can only be worn by a member. The bug here is the Prestige tag showing up after the tier tag, which makes it confusing.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #124
ZUES

This charm is not converting combat arts into heat damage, only spells. Can we please change this so it effects CA's too please?

[IMG]
Old 11-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #125
Khovas

Just for clarification, is the bug that it is supposed to be Relic? or that it's not supposed to be Prestige? Or that it's not relic, it is prestige, and it's just that it shouldn't say Prestige twice?

I only ask because several times recently you've said "Currently relics are the only prestige items" in response to player concerns about eq2 going P2W, would be a bit shady if you were making that statement while actively in the process of creating a bunch of non-relic prestige items.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #126
Dedith

Prolly that it says prestige twice.. ("Prestige tag showing up after the tier tag")

Prestige means you have to be a member to use it, period. That's not exactly "P2W" as you have to earn the item to begin with, not just go to a store and purchase it. You just cannot equip it unless you're a paying member. However, ppl will still complain.. entitlement and all.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #127
Buco

One general question regarding itemization and server lag. I thought we were told that procs this expansion will be dramaticalliy reduced to few item slots. If I see the itemization currently on beta, there seem to be the same items for the third expansion in a row. What makes you think this will solve problems with servers lagging like hell?

Especially the adventure signature rewards have a great potential to kill server performance.
Buco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #128
Dedith

I disagree. At least I have been expecting non-relic prestige items since the ToT live stream they were introduced on. Any I do not see them as P2W unless they are directly purchasable from the marketplace, which I doubt they will be.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #129
Khovas

What do you disagree with? I literally quoted Caith saying, in this thread, that Relic items were the only Prestige items at the time of his post (which was Thursday).
Old 11-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #130
Dedith

You quoted him and emphasized the important part. 'Currently'. There are now, counting just now, at least 3 patches to beta since then. I disagreed that is was odd for him to make that statement as at that time, there were none of those items out on the beta server. The devs rarely ever openly discuss internal changes that are incoming. He said 'currently', which to me sounds like it can change and you could see non-relics in the future.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #131
ZUES

It is kind of confusing. Thanks Caith for clearing it up.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #132
Khovas

Nobody is arguing whether what he said was factually correct (it was). Or whether it should be construed as reflecting the status of prestige items in perpetuity (it should not). But it strikes me as extremely odd that he would make that statement when the next beta build had already been compiled which included non-relic prestige items. Clearly it does not strike you as such, which is fine with me.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #133
Caith

Developer

This

At the time I made those statements, that was the case. There is a reason I used the word currently. Things change during beta as we re-evaluate, there are now more items that are going to be Prestige then just relics, though still a very limited amount.

Membership benefits being construed as pay to win is ludicrous.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #134
Khovas

Only in so much as you have to pay for a membership, and the most powerful items (which help you win) now require a membership. If paying your sub gives you advantages when fighting a mob that are not available to people who don't pay for a sub, that's pretty much the definition of pay to win.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #135
Bloodguts

Yeah. Archeage had a similar dilemma being labeled as Pay 2 Win, where items and actions on a Subscription facilitated gameplay greatly, allowing you to clear dungeons and win in PvP much faster. That is why Archeage is labeled Pay 2 Win.

If being able to unlock said Prestige items but being unable to wear them will hinder your progress or make it extremely difficult to compete in PvP or be able to perform in Dungeons/Raids, that is the definition of Pay 2 Win as well.

If Everquest 2 is okay to be labeled as Pay 2 Win, then that's an entirely different issue.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #136
Beee

Positive Feedback:

Effect "Apostate's Wrath" works fine
  • seem to proc correct
  • stacks
  • occures on primary pets

=> well done Smile

Just to Caith's post: In my opionion a lot of items like
aITEM 680486256 -12863071 0 0 0 0 543049734 2 -1252529854:[Apostate's Amulet]/a
aITEM 1412303957 -758856581 0 0 0:[Moradhim Signet Ring]/a
should be Prestige only and not Relic + Prestige, but we hope this will be fixed.Wink
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #137
Anastaise

Any chance you can make the Signature quest reward rings available on the shady swashbuckler - put the restriction that you can't buy a different version if you have the other version like the zlandicar ranged items?
Anastaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:37 AM   #138
Akina_Storms

infused elemental ammo are cheaper than elemental ammo, but are more powerfull than them.
Akina_Storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:54 AM   #139
Hanab

Illusionist get a direct increase to DPS with their cloak making Prismatic Chaos group wide. (still not good if your in a mage group though.)

Totally Agree with Rondo9 here. mostly cause im playing Illy myself.. Which mostly is in a group with fury, troub rest mages. Wont really be that good then it not in a scout group basically. If you cant macro it to another group where bunch of scouts are. Like you cant atm. If this is something you can do. Then its still a really good item.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:23 AM   #140
Azhurial

Caster wands trigger prismatic chaos btw
Old 11-10-2015, 02:35 AM   #141
Elinea

Part of the problem is that a good chunk of players stopped paying their subs and converted to FTP accounts, yet they believe that all the time and money spent on subs and expacs in the past means they should still get everything they got as paying subscribers.

I wonder if that line of thinking would work with...say... my internet provider. "I have paid my monthly fee for years and been a loyal customer. Now, I want to cancel my account and still get the best internet speeds you have. kthnxbai".
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:46 AM   #142
Mogrim

No armor should be /Relic/ unless it also has an effect in addition to great stats.
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 AM   #143
Rondo9

x2
Old 11-10-2015, 05:19 AM   #144
Mogrim

I strongly suggest that all Relic Cloaks for non tanks should have Doublecast AND Flurry.

Relic Cloaks for tanks should have Mit+Block+Doublecast for SKs/Palys, and Mit+Block+Flurry for the other 4 tanks
Old 11-10-2015, 05:29 AM   #145
Ingerimm

This purple Adornments have exactly the same values as their predecessors from AoM. If this is so willed?
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #146
Mogrim

Both should be increased to roughly 16.5.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:39 AM   #147
Ingerimm

Is it intended that you can bring to the stamina value on an item to the maximum, due to the set range, about double the amount of infusers needed to achieve the maximum, as the critical bonus, potency and ability modifier?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #148
q-ruf

changing the signature ring reward to relic may destroy the whole idea of relics for raiders...
the proc is way to strong for any other relic effect to compete in a raid setting (unless its a similar effect but stronger or something exremely situational)
its uptime is close to 100% and 24 ppl wearing it adds up to 144cb and 840pot for everyone.
noone in their right mind would wear any other relic for raids...
Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #149
Ingerimm

[IMG]
Stamina is abbreviated to STA all other stats are written out.

properly would probably be:

critical Bonus 1 to 2.0
potency 1.0 to 2.0
ability modifier 40 to 160
stamina 7.5 to 15

for a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 upgrades at a 25% chance on average multiplied by 4

critical Bonus 0.5 to 1.0
potency 0.5 to 1.0
ability modifier 40 to 80
Stamina 3.75 to 7.5

for a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 upgrades at a 25% chance on average multiplied by 4
Old 11-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #150
ZUES

This is a subscription based game. Daybreak is a company, not a charity. As far as I'm concerned they give people too much freedom as a free to play member as it is.